Anyone know how aquatic breeding works?

LiamCSD

They are just like normal breeding but in water make a pen put them on wander and wait. Some have live births and some lay eggs.

The eggs just incubate where they are they just have to stay underwater no temperature funny business and live births are the same they have a gestation period then they are born.

Mosa's have live births make a big pen put two mate boosted mosa's in it set them on wander and wait I have no idea what times that have though

Egg layers:
Angler
Electrophorus
Tusoteuthis
                        Birthers:
Basilosaurus
Dunkleosteus
Manta
Megalodon
Mosasaurus
Plesiosaur
                       Amphibians:
Beelzebufo and Diplocaulus
They can only mate in water and the offspring cannot leave the water until they are fully grown, otherwise they will die if they are on their feet, not swimming.

Two warnings: One aquatic eggs do get too cold, though I wasnt able to find out if they could die from this, as both my eggs hatched at like 15% health left. Amphibios babies (in my case, a frog tadpole) will instantly die if they touch a platform saddle.

Most gestation and incubations seem to be  over 4hrs , I bred a plesio, shark, tuso and bufo all around the same time roughly, not sure on exact numbers however.

Just now, iAmE said:

I have 3 baby mosa's already in progress. 1% imprinting a pop, and 1% weight @ 3-4 hours, so 100%@300-400 hours, roughly. So between a QQ and a Giga, but I'm tempted to say closer to Giga then QQ. ~12 hours into the Baby Phase right now. 

No words... In who's head does such long timers make sense? Is this a game or a second job?

Just now, Lumitesi said:

No words... In who's head does such long timers make sense? Is this a game or a second job?

Mosa's aren't... Too bad. Their high food and weight make it livable, but I think there's a serious disconnect in the two week thing. Gigas I could understand. Originally, when they made them, they were unrivaled killing machines that spawned with 150k HP and one shot everything in the game except wild Gigas. Mosa's aren't remotely as strong, in a relative sense. 

19 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Mosa's aren't... Too bad. Their high food and weight make it livable, but I think there's a serious disconnect in the two week thing. Gigas I could understand. Originally, when they made them, they were unrivaled killing machines that spawned with 150k HP and one shot everything in the game except wild Gigas. Mosa's aren't remotely as strong, in a relative sense. 

True and I don't know if the new eel changes help out much but losing 2 weeks worth of work because of a simpleton knifefish would be... Don't even wanna think about it.

Just now, Lumitesi said:

True and I don't know if the new eel changes help out much but losing 2 weeks worth of work because of a simpleton knifefish would be... Don't even wanna think about it.

I'm still breeding them because, inevitably, the devs will play their game and go underwater, and, maybe, realize, that they're a little broken and fix them. At that point, I don't want to lose the time. 

Just now, iAmE said:

I'm still breeding them because, inevitably, the devs will play their game and go underwater, and, maybe, realize, that they're a little broken and fix them. At that point, I don't want to lose the time. 

Hmm I hope so. I mean they CAN'T be playing the same game us we do, because if they even tried underwater breeding they'd notice eggs can die.

Archived