ARK Primal Survival

Lovus

ARK Primal Survival

ARK: Primal Survival slated for release in February 2017.

It is now March 4th, 2017.

"Deceptive advertising, also known as false advertising, refers to a manufacturer's use of confusing, misleading, or blatantly untrue statements when promoting a product. Advertising law will protect consumers from deceptive advertising through the enforcement of specific legislation. Advertising law and consumer law have basically the same function: to promote truth in labeling." - Definition of False Advertising, http://consumer.laws.com/deceptive-advertising/deceptive-advertising-definition

So can we get an update on the Mod/Conversion/Additional Feature, or did an update already happen? I'd like a link if so.

10 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

This is the worst example of false advertising that anyone has ever posted in this community in the history of this forum.

They've said it's been delayed. Many things in life that get advertised get delayed, big deal. It's free, no-one has been ripped off or anything.

Irrelevant, don't care about the false advertising as much as you would think, just pointing it out before it gets to the point where I grow even more concerned of it. I've been waiting for almost a year without a single word on it's development other than "It's delayed.". I was hoping for an update, but instead I get a snooty reply from one of the community moderators. I also asked for a link to the source saying it was delayed.

But uh... thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

They announced that it was delayed.

If every game that failed to hit its scheduled release date were guilty of false advertising, no game company would still be opperating, because lawsuits would have bankrupted them long ago.

But those did not charge money and made new dlc you have to buy in the so called "early access". They worked on a stable foundation and then released it so gamers could buy it.

2 hours ago, vanyelxp5 said:

They announced that it was delayed.

If every game that failed to hit its scheduled release date were guilty of false advertising, no game company would still be opperating, because lawsuits would have bankrupted them long ago.

That's where you're wrong. Because those game companies announce the delays before the content is slated for released. Certain there was only one delay announced. In November 2016 it was said that it was going to be delayed to February. February passes and I don't recall any delay being announced. Please link the source, otherwise I can't agree with you due to your lack of proof, thank you.

The reason I purchased ARK was for the Primal Survival mod. Sorry for being passionate about an upcoming feature.

On 04/03/2017 at 8:01 PM, Lovus said:

That's where you're wrong. Because those game companies announce the delays before the content is slated for released. Certain there was only one delay announced. In November 2016 it was said that it was going to be delayed to February. February passes and I don't recall any delay being announced. Please link the source, otherwise I can't agree with you due to your lack of proof, thank you.

The reason I purchased ARK was for the Primal Survival mod. Sorry for being passionate about an upcoming feature.

Dude... I'm crazy about this mod too... But with the amount of information that we have about Primal Survival, I don't think it was a wise decision...
It's a small mod of an EA game of a small team... Development priority of Primal Survival os probabily very low.

The WS team was at an event in late Feb ( Twitter logs ), everything will be delayed for a week or two.

I dont mind the delays... Releasing a game too early demands a lot of time solving player issues and explaning what is the meaning of "playing an unfinished product".

But I agree that they should update their release dates. 
Jen ( a member of the team ) said somewhere ( i dont know where too ) it was delayed... But every official source still says "late feb".

Archived