(140 man The Center) Cheating

Rawsewage

So there is a group of hackers on (140) The Center 2. Offline raided me last night. Allow me to give you the scenario.

I live in the Redwoods (West) Past the giant ocean waterfall on top of the by the drop off of the waterfall. There is 2 ways up to my base. 1st.) My retractable ladder. 2nd.) Parachute. I have a very well built metal base with double foundations, walls and its layered many layers. Also, I have 21 plant species x plants that are full grown and set to only players/range high, each plant x was 1/2 filled with fertilizer. They were spread out all around the top so that no one rocket  could get more than one at a time. The base is as well defended as the game allows. Period.

So, two nights ago the "alpha" tribe shows up at the little stone base I have down on the bottom and blows it open. They tried several times to parachute on top the spire but couldn't due to x plants. Since that day I added 8 more. EIGHT! Since the couldn't get up there that night they went to the mountains  and used rifles with aimbots to oneshot headshot us over and over. We were belly crawling to the edge with rifles and from distances unseen, headshot. Before you say view distance, I have a 1080 gtx, Core I7 Extreme, 32 gigs of DDR4 and a m.2 hard drive. I play at max res and max distance. Hacks. Plain and simple. The fact that they could headshot over and over. Hacks.

Fast forward to last night. The same guys who were killing us up top but couldn't make it through the plant x species magically found a way to get by 21 plant x species. Ya, OK, sure.

So I did a little digging around to figure out how they could manage to get by everything. Turns out its pretty simple with an aimbot. It targets the plants and shoots a rocket long before the parachute rider gets into range.

Leads me to my last point. In looking around I see site after site offering hacks. How is it possible that these sites can offer hacks that work and you folks cant detect it? Seriously? I mean take 10 mins and go download the hack and figure out how it works.

As for the game, its a good game. It's just the hacking. Its unreal.

Flame on.

3 minutes ago, Rawsewage said:

I mean take 10 mins and go download the hack and figure out how it works.

you sir, obviously don't code much, nor appreciate the time it takes to hunt down every single hack and figure out how to differentiate, programmatically, the detection or removal

if it were anywhere near as easy as you say, there wouldn't be anti-virus definitions coming out near as often as they are

32 minutes ago, Rawsewage said:

So there is a group of hackers on (140) The Center 2. Offline raided me last night. Allow me to give you the scenario.

I live in the Redwoods (West) Past the giant ocean waterfall on top of the by the drop off of the waterfall. There is 2 ways up to my base. 1st.) My retractable ladder. 2nd.) Parachute. I have a very well built metal base with double foundations, walls and its layered many layers. Also, I have 21 plant species x plants that are full grown and set to only players/range high, each plant x was 1/2 filled with fertilizer. They were spread out all around the top so that no one rocket  could get more than one at a time. The base is as well defended as the game allows. Period.

21 plants is nothing, I have more than that INSIDE my house, and probably  300 across the entire base, and I still don't consider it raid proof 

Blow up a few that would give a good angle to shoot you from, and use a grappling hook to get in faster. Use a shield to protect against the shots so you can get closer.

A simple setup with a dozen sleeping bags, parachutes, and wooden shields could allow them to freely raid your base. They could even do something as simple as going in pairs, first one parachutes in with a shield, second with a rocket launcher a couple seconds later. First guy tanks the shots, second blasts as many as possible on the way in, and if they survive, they loot fertilizer from as many as possible before they die.

Plant X doesn't do a ton of damage per hit. Their strength is in the movement speed debuff, and sheer numbers.

Honestly some of the things I've pulled off during a raid still make me laugh. I've dive bombed into a greenhouse in a base with 75 turrets and taken the entire base down... 

Every base is raid-able. My advice, build up against something. The more natural protection you have, the more of your defense can be concentrated to one area. I've seen a cave wall with 250 turrets go down in a 2 day fight when the 3rd titan attacked. 

• Avios locked this topic

Archived