ARK Digest Question Submission

Jatheish

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello you beautiful people from Wildcard, and especially you Jat ;) much love to yall from Texas. I love the game and im so glad its finally on Xbox. So there are some concerns i want to adress and some questions to ask. Because i want to help this beautiful work of art become a masterpiece. 

1. Fall damage sucks but it is realistic and understandable; but hitting the ground and phasing through the ground is the worst especially if you're carrying some goodie goods. Any possible fix to texture mesh in the ground to prevent this?

2. Fire i know was previously talked about being weaponised, how would we do this? Would we use oil to mix with arrows for Fire arrows? And oil in hide to possibly make flaming swords? That would be awesome!!

3. Narcotics is a pain in the booty to make waiting for meat to spoil; but more because it takes so long to make in a mortar and pestal in bulk because berries spoil so fast in there. I believes in a previous ark digest you mentioned Making a Chem set will this work for bulk narcotics, or will we have a new mixture for them to be made easier, or more powerful narcotics to make super tranquilizer darts. That could maybe be used in a fabricated sniper rifle? Or even an assault rifle style tranq gun that would be super cool!

4. Events for xbox. I know we are getting SotF, but would we get things like Winter Wonderland and the new years drop? I know its hard to update as consistently like PC but if we get a update every 2 weeks would it be possible to get these updates at one of those update time's? Rockstar does this for GTA Online, and Bungie for Destiny. And if this does become possible will we be able to get these on private dedicated servers since official ones are always full?

5. Speakng of servers we have a nice size group who play together but 4 player non dedicated sucks when we have 7, we know you are trying to get it up to 8 if you do will we be able to also extend the zone around the host?

6. Also on servers we know you are looking into the ability to rent servers for private use for Xbox users or being able to Host from a PC. But if we are able to either or have to use another Xbox to host it is there going to be a way to upload a world from a non dedicated server to be the world in the dedicated server? Just hoping because of the work we've done on our non dedicated, if we have to start over we are content with that fact but if there was a way to upload a non dedicated world to be used on a dedicated server would be an awesome thing!

7. And Finally crafting right now sucks and moving items from storage and inventory is annoying. Is there going to be an overhaul for these to make it easier for xbox, because the current way its set up seems more suited for pc.

Those are my questions and answering any or all would be amazing thank you and have an awesome day guys!

when talking about the balance changes, it was said that gigas were made as strong as they were specifically to disrupt the monopoly kibbled rexes held over end game warfare, and give them something to fear. with more balance changes presumably coming, will gigas be slowly nerfed down to a more balanced level, or are they the first of a new super tier of animals for end game fighting?

since the current elevator is more of a cargo lift, could we see a person sized elevator at some point? something with an elevator car, like the current cage, that fits in a one ceiling size hole and lets tribes move through bases without needing ladders or stairs. none of the current elevator platforms are quite the right size for just people use, or use inside a base building rather than a dino pen

Archived