Forum Suggestion: Embed Feature

Vilicus

So I've had a couple of my posts either edited or removed to fix embedding of something I've found ARK-related by @Casanova

One of those being the Major Nelson interview that he had fixed my post to embed the soundcloud audio file directly into the post.  The other was removal of a post to share/sticky a new post with the same basic information but with a twitch stream embedded into an original post for the Sl1pg8r xbox livestream.  

We have a couple sections of the forums that would be great places for folks to embed their own streams or youtube channels directly into their posts, so that visitors can see at a glance in the persons original post what that individual has to offer the community.  I've managed to figure out how to get BBCode for embedding my stream online/offline status but that's the best I could figure out how to do for my signature.

I can definitely see how embedding could be abused, if you could make it so that it was only possible in the original post for a few specific subforums that would benefit from the feature, that would be fantastic.

• Administrator
On 12/17/2015 at 4:49 AM, Vilicus said:

Could you do something like this?  https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5057-twitchjustintv-video/  There are other ones out there for both twitch and youtube that I've seen.  I know html is not at all a good idea, I had no idea that was how you were embedding them though.  

We will be adding this type of functionality later down the line. The link you posted is for a mod for a much older version of IPB. We are running the all new IPS 4, which is still very new and none of the old plugins/mods work on it. Give it some time and we will be adding in some very exciting things.

Archived