ARK: Survival Evolved hits Xbox Game Preview Today!

Jatheish

On 12/16/2015 at 8:23 AM, Sorenji said:

Alright, can i just say I've played this game a very long time on the PC have way more hours of play time than any normal person should. and thus know that the game takes way longer to understand and find enjoyable than 60 minutes. with that being said why for the love of god WHY is the free trial a 60 minute demo. your basically allowing them to punch trees and die for an hour without getting anything done or see any part of this game. this is not the best way to ship a game to a new community let alone your first attempt at Console controls. at the very least give them 24-48 of game play before expecting them to shell out $40 for a game that for all they will know is just punching trees and starving to death.

I have never played this game before and I literally spent 45 trying to figure out how to pick up a rock. It's Y by the way. 

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey1171 said:

Is there a way to adjust the screen ratio? I cant quite see the entire screen and the in game control displays. Its only this game Im having this issue with. (Also can't nav/access the feed back section from the main menu)

i had the same issue i had to adjust the display settings on the tv it self and that fixed it for me.

A 1 hour trial, really? You expect people to make a decision on if they want to purchase your game with only 1 hour of free gameplay? That's a HUGE mistake! Even Madden (Which is the same thing every year) gave us 12 hours! How do you expect people  to purchase this game (Which is very extensive) With only 1 hour to get there feet wet?

I could nt agree with you more! To add to what you said, having the trial be 24-48 hours is just smart business, plain and simple. If I sped an hour on a game, I wont see a reason to buy it because I haven't done anything crazy and I dont know how to play the game. But if I had a day to play it, I would have gotten pretty far along and wouldn't want to lose all the progress that I made, which would in turn make me shell out the $35

So I gave ya another chance, Ark. I tried the Xbox One free trial...

and after getting killed, I respawned inside someone's locked house, to slowly sit there staring at a wall until my trial was over.

W0ooow. I'd say I should get another free trial, but I'm not even sure I want to bother.

Maybe in half a year? Then you might have basic stuff -FUNCTIONING-???

All the pretties don't mean squat if your game is NOT EVEN PLAYABLE

Hey, Ive had Ark for around 26hours now (for xbox one) and I have an issue to talk about... When i start up a Non-Dedicated Server so i can play with my friends i start the server up and i invite my friend (which is all well and good) but why do they have to be close to the host- whenever they get to far away from me this get flung across the map being told that they must be closer to the host, can i change this in a setting or something? PLEASE ANSWER :)

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR XBOX ONE. I have for Xbox One and ALL the servers are overcrowded and the One that i have something i cant get in because is ALWAYS full. I've paid R$70 (35 dollars) for this game and i cant iven play it!! Please, listen to me, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME CAUSE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY IT, ONLY IFF YOU LIKE TO BE IN ONE SERVER EACH TIME YOU GET IN. PLEASE, IF ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM, DONT BE QUIET UNTIL THEY DO SOMETHING.