Error in Taming Quetzal.

anholeti

I would like to report a possible error in taming quetzal. Several unsuccessful attempts. I've been testing doming quetzal at low levels with over 100 narcotic arrows and I can not dope it. The last quetzal I've tried, after using 160 narcotic arrows, was level 25 and it died before being doped ... !!! I have video to prove it.

If it is my mistake I ask you to inform me how I should tame a quetzal, but I researched everything about taming a quetzal and this was the only method for those who do not have another quetzal.

If this is not the area to post this please let me know or fix the error for me.

ARK Survival Evolved Error Taming Quetzal

41 minutes ago, Pommer said:

Sounds weird, maybe your melee damage is to high, try using darts as I believe they cause less damage and more torpor 

Melee damage does not affect the damage of crossbows. Only melee or harvesting weapons.

You might have bad luck, or your bird attacked it and damaged it. We don't know without a full video. You should be ab le to down a Quetzal with arrows. I did that multiple times last week.

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Melee damage does not affect the damage of crossbows. Only melee or harvesting weapons.

You might have bad luck, or your bird attacked it and damaged it. We don't know without a full video. You should be ab le to down a Quetzal with arrows. I did that multiple times last week.

That's not what happened. I had a partner "piloting" an ARGENTAVIS and I was hanging on the ARGENTAVIS. No one attacked the quetzal! This happened more than 10 times with several quetzal, Not once.

Just now, anholeti said:

That's not what happened. I had a partner "piloting" an ARGENTAVIS and I was hanging on the ARGENTAVIS. No one attacked the quetzal! This happened more than 10 times with several quetzal, Not once.

Can you try it again and post footage from the start to end, so people here know for sure that something is wrong?

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Can you try it again and post footage from the start to end, so people here know for sure that something is wrong?

It took me a long time to get down a quetzal and Xbox One did not record that much time. I could not estimate what time I should start recording since I spent over 160 arrows at level 25 yesterday. This has happened other times. I'm not worried about proving the fact, I asked a question and asked for help. You believe it if you want.

3 minutes ago, anholeti said:

It took me a long time to get down a quetzal and Xbox One did not record that much time. I could not estimate what time I should start recording since I spent over 160 arrows at level 25 yesterday. This has happened other times. I'm not worried about proving the fact, I asked a question and asked for help. You believe it if you want.

Well how is someone supposed to help you if we do not know what happened?

Just now, Jostabeere said:

Well how is someone supposed to help you if we do not know what happened?

How could you not understand if I explained and put video ?! For me you did not accept or believe me. So I can not and do not want to force you to believe. That simple. If you doubt me enter my server (which appears in the video) and we can try together.

Just now, bulldog1986 said:

Quetz's also have a bonus when shot to the head so you have to use less arrows, so if you have the ability and the know how, hit it in the head to increase the torpor. Also I would advise with the lower level quetz's, use crossbow until it starts getting bloody, then switch over to longneck and darts

Thank you. I'll try. The problem with getting hit in the head is that the game has a problem similar to FIFA's handicap, every time I look in the head it turns. I'll try darts.

4 minutes ago, anholeti said:

How could you not understand if I explained and put video ?! For me you did not accept or believe me. So I can not and do not want to force you to believe. That simple. If you doubt me enter my server (which appears in the video) and we can try together.

Your video shows that you shot an almost dead Quetzal.

Just now, Birdskull said:

Well, we've seen this on our private server too. 
135 male Quetz at the Red Obelisk, shooting it with tranq darts, wasted so many that it actually died before it went unconscious. Couldn't figure out what happened. We waited between shots, followed it for ages. 

So I consider this a problem. That's why I asked.

Just now, Birdskull said:

Well, we've seen this on our private server too. 
135 male Quetz at the Red Obelisk, shooting it with tranq darts, wasted so many that it actually died before it went unconscious. Couldn't figure out what happened. We waited between shots, followed it for ages. 

If you were using darts, that sounds more like a torpor bug than anything, I've seen it happen with a few animals where their torpor just kept going down no matter what, especially giga's, but darts should have 0% chance of killing it provided you didn't let off at any time.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Your video shows that you shot an almost dead Quetzal.

Dude, I did not expect it to happen (although it happened at other times with higher leval quetzal), so I just recorded the standard Xbox time. What would I gain by lying ?! Other users are reporting the same problem here in the topic. But if you doubt me enter the server that I play and we will test together. I will not buy a capture equipment to record 30 minutes or more of recording just to prove it.

1 minute ago, anholeti said:

Dude, I did not expect it to happen (although it happened at other times with higher leval quetzal), so I just recorded the standard Xbox time.

And just so you know and get it. It's not for me or anyont to believe you here, but for the devs so they actually see that someone is actually shooting a Quetz to death before it goes down.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Tranquilizer_Dart

If you look, the dart causes less damage but does more torpor instantly than arrows. Also the quality of the rifle will affect the torpor it causes. I would use arrows on a low level quetz until I just start seeing blood to save on darts, then I would switch over to darts to finish it.

17 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

And just so you know and get it. It's not for me or anyont to believe you here, but for the devs so they actually see that someone is actually shooting a Quetz to death before it goes down.

If I'm not the only one reporting the same problem, they should not need much evidence. They should also test.
Sorry about my English. I may sound a bit thick, but I do not speak and I do not write fluent English.

1 minute ago, bulldog1986 said:

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Tranquilizer_Dart

If you look, the dart causes less damage but does more torpor instantly than arrows. Also the quality of the rifle will affect the torpor it causes. I would use arrows on a low level quetz until I just start seeing blood to save on darts, then I would switch over to darts to finish it.

OK. I will test. Thanks for the tip.

Archived