What is your opinion about the WC support. Let us know!

littleDog

Just now, Rockfisch said:

again, my issue is not how the game is being played, fairly or not. My issue is when the game is literally broken, people can't get to their server where thousands of hours have been spent by many people building and taming with no response from the developers.

Nah I understand yours. Just reiterating as to why I've been replying so much throughout this thread towards others :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cvndlz said:

Glad you agree, on your edit.

I'm simply reiterating what has been fueling my responses throughout this thread.

But you've been considering that whining and bitching and being entitled, and that everything's peachy-keen and "running as intended" as you've stated so many times throughout this post. I've been trying to bring to light that WC's support is AWFUL when it comes to the response times, and in cases of hacks and exploits as well.

But apparently that's me, and others, being entitled. Shame on me. Shame on me for saying that these should be taken care of in a swift manner. How dare I. I might as well smash my face against a rock as well huh.

The thing is, most of the time, the game IS running as intended, and when its not, they should really be going through proper channels when reporting the issue.

Opening threads like this to incite rage against the dev's and spread the word about said exploits/hacks/glitches is only going to add fuel to the fire.

Just file a bug report, or report a hacker / exploiter report, and move on / adapt.

-edit

I would like to add, I never disagree'd with the stance you had on hackers or exploiters, you just kept taking parts of what I said (running as intended) and applied it to every facet of the game including all the bad ones like hackers and exploiters.

That is strawman and IMO strawman is second only to Ad hominem in offensiveness, and these two fallacies are responsible for most rage issues on threads.

Unlike those fallacies. which are basically a way to pussyfoot around disliking someone.

Comments like, "face palm yourself with the rock you crawled out from under" are much more direct with their intention. (/insertsarcasm) 

(let it go man, I would have posted a pic of Picard Face palming but pics won't embed, so I had to get creative with my imagery, really with what you shown with your skills in logic, i would think you would have thought it was funny, guess not though)

15 minutes ago, epochdei said:

You act as though present time is the only time of history.

Look at the Mongol empire, or the british empire, or the early American settlement. 

Yes, look at them. Look at them duplicate their items through DDOS attacks and the likes.

On a serious note: You make a good point, they were strong due to numbers and coordination, but that has nothing to do with a majority of the issues that are presented in this game at all.

The issues that I am addressing in this game are the ones that deal with these Tribes (that you claim used to be "pro" LOL) are using ethics that should be immediatley punished but are never followed through with.

This is where the frustration from most (except for OP as his subject was not even of this realm) are coming from, from what I have been reading and seeing. 

I have a first hand example of the differences between "actual" PvP and the current plague of PvP that most play.

I was playing NA-Scorched with a 15 man tribe. We had a good foothold on a rive base and were able to consider ourselves the leaders of 5 other small tribes.

One day we got trolled the poop out of. A naked 70 came over with flame arrows from a drop and proceeded to knock our tames out one by one. 

You'd think this was satisfying enough for the person, but nah. They kept poking us more and more, until finally we managed to cage them.

After keeping the kid in a cage for about a day we were able to convice him to share some information with us in order for him to be released.

He agreed, spilling the beans as being a "personal troll" for a bigger Alpha Tribe (Rico's Roughnecks)

A newbie of ours made the mistake of killing him and he ended up being free, obviously. When we searched his body, we found a note stating that we either wipe the smaller tribe that was under our watch or he would wipe us.

So we wiped them! And what followed through? The most EPIC experience of PvP I've EVER had the pleasure of enjoying.

It almost happened in waves, 3-5 members of said tribe would come at us, parachuting off of rocks with flak armor and pikes, ready to try and destroy us.

We lasted for a week, giving everything we had, until they convincd a larger tribe to use their Rock Golems to flatten everything we could call our own.

After our wipe, we hung our heads and accepted defeat and moved onto the next server, or just moved onto a different game in general.

THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF PVP.

So with that being said, this is why I keep pushing MY rhetoric of the fact that WC's customer experience is slacking and needs improvement. These are MY reasons, from what I SEE and have WATCHED go on since these transfers have happened. Nothing but a fustercluck of abuse and no repercussions for those who do so.

I also must ask how you cannot be agree that things are indeed "not working as intended" as the community is literally going up in flames over the amounts of abuse from these exploits, and can just sit there and rehash the same catch phrase you haven't put down since taking it up at first?

Yes, MOST of the services WC has offerd are "working as inended" but when it comes down to the games functionality, it's broken. It is not working as intended.

I realize I may have hijacked (as well as others) this thread to derail to a new subject, but the title in itself asks for our opinions and as I see it, the devs have no issues with this existing as two have made appearances, and no efforts have been made to lock or hide this thread in any means.

If they were to say "Hey guys, knock off the name calling and rage towards us" (which, I've seen mods police threads for the likes of, but towards the community members protection) then I would agree, there is no sense in making threads like this. But asz long as the devs see fit, idk why we can't enjoy the free open forum to voice our opinions of matters that we see to be annoyances.

3 minutes ago, epochdei said:

I have never had issues with any of these things that people complain about daily.

But I play Ex-Proc servers, and before that I played EX servers.

So I guess it sounds like you guys can adapt by changing server types.

Like I said earlier, Switch to EX-Proc.

All your problems will be solved.

If in reference to server outages, I have not experienced these on the Xbox.

If in reference to the PvP style that is being brought into this game due to exploits, switching servers to get away from such things shouldn't be a mandatory fix. They have moderators/devs for that.

12 minutes ago, epochdei said:

So we are all agreed, Hackers bad, ARK good.

Whiney threads bad. Discussion threads good.

Me like way you think. Canihazwin?

P-much, 'cept the last part. I don't take loses. ;)

I will agree with you however, the OP had a hint of "wah" to his post, but from there on I myself have been trying to discuss as to how I personally feel that the game is infact not playing out the way it was intended to be, as I've experienced what I believe to be the true PvP style while at the same time reading peoples threads about the new fad of Player VS Offline(PvO) which mainly consists of unethical gameplay tactics (i.e: dupes and raiding offlines with duped mats/tames)

edit-

If you'd like, there's a thread on the Suggestions forum that has an OP that is taking a constructive and well thought viewpoint on how to at least improve some of the mechanics of the game.

Try checking it out if you're interested.

I used up my patients for these things a long time ago, generally I try to stick to The Laughing Man's favorite line from CiTR;Sallinger.

I thought what I would do was I would pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes,  that way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody.

-edit

Due to the fallacious nature of your arguments previously, I won by default. (logically speaking)

Can we keep playing?

You lack the will of the warrior! -Snog.

1 minute ago, epochdei said:

I used up my patients for these things a long time ago, generally I try to stick to The Laughing Man's favorite line from CiTR;Sallinger.

I thought what I would do was I would pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes,  that way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody.

Hah, have to admit, I've never read the book. With that witty line, however, I might have to crack one open and take a gander.

10 minutes ago, epochdei said:

-edit

Due to the fallacious nature of your arguments previously, I won by default. (logically speaking)

Can we keep playing?

You lack the will of the warrior! -Snog.

Nah fam, aint no winners in an off-topic thread lmao.

I'll let you believe it tho, kids nowadays always need a medal to feel some sort of accomplishment.

I did enjoy the back-and-forth, however :)

Thanks for the discussion.

7 minutes ago, epochdei said:

Says the guy who said this.

Always with the projecting. Oyvey.

#13.3.7.1:9001

Twas but sarcasm, my good friend.

Much like your dry sense of humor, I have that of sarcasm :)

Don't worry, we can become the best of friends and you'll grow acustom to it!

Also, dare I ask what the string of numbers represent?

11 hours ago, epochdei said:

Yeah ok, if that's what it takes for you to feel like a man at the end of the day.

You go ahead and be the "knight in shining armor" for these whiney bitches crying about game mechanics working as intended.

Lol this doesnt make me feel like a man, sure its fun though.

The lack of support with server status is not the game working as intended.

I cba this anymore, I'd rather chew broken glass than keep this conversation going with you, your still just throwing poop at the pc as an answer, I cba even read more of your stuff.

You believe what you want to believe, I've pretty much made my point and proved you wrong in my previous comments but you arent even reading or addressing those points.

Also one thing, Blizzard are not now Activision, Blizzard Entertainment is a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, just had to correct you on that because it irked me lol

@AlorianX There are so GMs, you just have yet to encounter one yet.

WC is a little guy. What about them?

Strawmaning me AGAIN. I have NEVER said lack of support is the game working as intended.

(its the holiday season, dev's are humans with families, not robots)

But you go ahead, and keep cherry picking my statements and then straw man'ing what I say to push your own agenda.

W.e that may be. I will be the platform on which you can shout at the world, "Don't argue with me!" while the world has been in agreement with you the entire time.

1 hour ago, epochdei said:

@AlorianX There are so GMs, you just have yet to encounter one yet.

WC is a little guy. What about them?

Strawmaning me AGAIN. I have NEVER said lack of support is the game working as intended.

(its the holiday season, dev's are humans with families, not robots)

But you go ahead, and keep cherry picking my statements and then straw man'ing what I say to push your own agenda.

W.e that may be. I will be the platform on which you can shout at the world, "Don't argue with me!" while the world has been in agreement with you the entire time.

What are you saying people are whining about in this thread that is the game working as intended then?

9 hours ago, Ekoby said:

Lol this doesnt make me feel like a man, sure its fun though.

I cba this anymore, I'd rather chew broken glass than keep this conversation going with you, your still just throwing poop at the pc as an answer, I cba even read more of your stuff.

You believe what you want to believe, I've pretty much made my point and proved you wrong in my previous comments but you arent even reading or addressing those points.

Also one thing, Blizzard are not now Activision, Blizzard Entertainment is a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, just had to correct you on that because it irked me lol

holy fack do i need to copy and paste all 20 of my posts.

How about you just reread the entire thread, don't cherry pick, read each post entirely. Then, not strawman each post.

K, thanks.

I have been very clear, and concise with my intention and meaning. Not convoluted in the least.

You just keep, as i keep saying, "cherry picking" (fallacious in nature) my statements, and strawman'ing them  to suite your own argument (also fallacious in nature.)

It is very irritating. I bet there is a rule in the forum about how you can be banned for being annoying. Most forums have this rule.

5 minutes ago, epochdei said:

holy fack do i need to copy and paste all 20 of my posts.

How about you just reread the entire thread, don't cherry pick, read each post entirely. Then, not strawman each post.

K, thanks.

I have been very clear, and concise with my intention and meaning. Not convoluted in the least.

You just keep, as i keep saying, "cherry picking" (fallacious in nature) my statements, and strawman'ing them  to suite your own argument (also fallacious in nature.)

It is very irritating. I bet there is a rule in the forum about how you can be banned for being annoying. Most forums have this rule.

I read every post up until I posted that.

You failed to address any of the points I made and your argument was like we werent even in the same thread and you were just venting random annoyances in a thread that was about support for server instability.

You were also the one to instigate this bitter exchange by telling me to back under the rock I came from and smash it in my face.

You have literally just told me not do do what you have done the entire thread.

Your incompetence amazes me and I can tell there is no getting through to you.

If you are so clued up, what exactly is "my argument"?

Also again, you fail to address any reasonable question I've asked you amongst this bitter exchange, latest example below:

5 hours ago, Ekoby said:

What are you saying people are whining about in this thread that is the game working as intended then?

As others have said YOU are the extremely irritating one and you also seem to be oblivious to this, I'm simply too stubborn to stop responding to you.

"Banned for being annoying" lol you are too much. 

How are you still here if that is a rule?

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived