What is your opinion about the WC support. Let us know!

littleDog

Just now, Kahlinad said:

Keep in mind that Blizzard has that luxury because they charge their customers $15/mnth, this allows the players that luxury of premium CS (and it hasn't always been perfect, I remember days that I've been on hold for 1-3 hours when they only had phone support). WC is running the support they give off of a one time purchase (plus DLCs when that content releases, which is both nowhere near enough money to run a full blow support team, and is very inconsistent in terms of revenue to cover those CS costs).

I'm aware, I'm not saying every company should be like blizzard because I like their customer support, thats not what I said.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ok. Keep crying about how much you suck at ark, I am sure the dev's will send you a tool kit to give you an advantage over all the people who are better then you.

Just keep spamming threads like this in off topic discussion.

You will definitely get the results you seek. I promise.

-edit

I didn't start the logical discussion, I prefer to refrain from it, because everyone, including myself, cannot resist straw manning and ad homining anyone who disagrees with them.

3 minutes ago, epochdei said:

Yeah ok. Keep crying about how much you suck at ark, I am sure the dev's will send you a tool kit to give you an advantage over all the people who are better then you.

Just keep spamming threads like this in off topic discussion.

You will definitely get the results you seek. I promise.

-edit

I didn't start the logical discussion, I prefer to refrain from it, because everyone, including myself, cannot resist straw manning and ad homining anyone who disagrees with them.

When have I ever posted that I suck at Ark, or that I need wildcard to give me an advantage lmfao? 

I'm someone thats against wipes and all that sort of stuff and I only have a 2 person tribe, by no means an alpha.

WC support is about fixing bugs, crashes, lag etc.

You literally have 0 idea what you are talking about and are just spewing complete rubbish, no one is in your corner lol

I'm not spamming, what I'm posting is totally relevant to this topic, unlike yourself.

So why did you make a sarcastic comment about ad hominem and straw man arguments then....

You haven't presented 1 RELEVANT piece of argument throughout this entire thread and have contradicted yourself at every turn just insulting other posters without engaging constructively on the point at hand....Wildcards support to its consumers.

Have you actually read any posts in this thread other than possibly your own?

6 minutes ago, epochdei said:

You are ether defending the threads OP or you are not.

No, I can have my own opinions and post these on a thread.

As has already been noted to you by another poster, you do not determine how a thread evolves, dont be so arrogant.

In your view threads would just be original post, then robots only writing "I agree", "I disagree".

Op's post was literally only talking about server stability and getting support for that, yes I agree with that, then the conversation evolved into wildcard support in general.

No one was asking for buffs or saying game is too hard?

You either have massive comprehension problems, or you are just not reading any of the posts and throwing your poop at the computer as an answer.

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Kogadins said:

The Studio Wildcard team is out of office until the end of the Thanksgiving holidays. They will be back in office tomorrow and then they will probably take care of it and push a fix for the broken Moschops harvesting mechanic. One of my ticket is open and the GM told me that they are out of office until 28th November and that he will respond as soon as he is back in office.

#themoreyouknow

57 minutes ago, Ekoby said:

Except if you read back the timeline you will see it was you who brought it towards something more bitter, I just plan to finish it.

Yeah ok, if that's what it takes for you to feel like a man at the end of the day.

You go ahead and be the "knight in shining armor" for these whiney bitches crying about game mechanics working as intended.

53 minutes ago, epochdei said:

Yeah ok, if that's what it takes for you to feel like a man at the end of the day.

You go ahead and be the "knight in shining armor" for these whiney bitches crying about game mechanics working as intended.

I'm sorry man, but you just keep bringing up the whole line of "game mechanics working as intended."

Have you seen any Dev. outright say that the features they have implemented are "working as intended." As in, without a hitch, no bugs or glitches, 100% solid they're ready to go "Gold" with their mechanics?

Sorry, can't say I have. If you have, personally. Link me, please. I'd like to see it.

Also, you claim that we're all about straw man arguments when in reality we're just bringing up the issues that we are seeing happen in front of us.

Meanwhile, you're sitting here and spewing out that these game mechanics are intended to be this way to try and shut everyone else up, when I've never even seen a Dev flat out say those lines themselves.

Strawman'ing me again huh?

It has been stated repeated, that PVP, in any form is perfectly withing the games EULA/ToU, That mass transfering of 70 people at once onto a server to wipe that server, is "working as intended"

Additionally, most of the time, when people complain about "my dino vanished" its user error, more then half of these noobs don't understand how to properly use whistle mechanics, this WILL result in dinos flying to the roof of the skybox, or running to some previous location, possibly several biomes away depends on how far you have traveled.

Alternatively, their dino's were killed either by another player, player's dino, or wild dino. (game working as intended)

Now, as I have stated, repeatedly, if a user encounter's a legitimate bug, like the HP bug, or the dupe glitch, there are official channels one uses. (not the off topic thread)

Lastly, As I said before, there are stickies everyone should ready. If the OP had read them he would know that the support team was enjoying thanksgiving. (working as intended)

-edit

Can you please try not Ad Hominin'ing or Strawman'ing me for a few posts? I understand you couldn't handle the face palm joke, but god man, its the internet, get over it.

9 minutes ago, epochdei said:

Strawman'ing me again huh?

It has been stated repeated, that PVP, in any form is perfectly withing the games EULA/ToU, That mass transfering of 70 people at once onto a server to wipe that server, is "working as intended"

Additionally, most of the time, when people complain about "my dino vanished" its user error, more then half of these noobs don't understand how to probably use whistle mechanics, this WILL result in dinos flying to the roof of the skybox, or running to some previous location, possibly several biomes away depends on how far you have traveled.

Alternatively, their dino's were killed either by another player, player's dino, or wild dino. (game working as intended)

Now, as I have stated, repeatedly, if a user encounter's a legitimate bug, like the HP bug, or the dupe glitch, there are official channels one uses. (not the off topic thread)

Lastly, As I said before, there are stickies everyone should ready. If the OP had read them he would know that the support team was enjoying thanksgiving. (working as intended)

Once again, you've provided no proof to these statements.

The only thing I've been able to find on  PvP at all is a small exert from Jen, and that doesn't even mention anything along the lines that you've been continuosly spouting over this thread. 

So as I kindly asked before, please provide some links to back up your claims.

If not, your points are invalid as far as I can see.

Also i find it hard, yet again, for you to make these claims that the game mechanics are  working as intended if you're not even able to be present for such events?

Most complaints I have seen have been towards the duping of dinos and abusing said dupes to then raid and wipe almost entire servers.

Is that REALLY how the PvP mechanics are intended to work, or is that how you interpret them to work?

You keep taking what I say, and changing it, to suite your argument, this is fallacious, and offensive.

You seem to know what logical arguments are, and yet, you behave in such a manner that says otherwise.

I do not require your validation. But here, for your convenience. Since you can't do this yourself.

https://arkservers.net/terms, here are the ToS/EULA, Please show me where it says anything about what I said, being against the rules?

For example, this is in there.

All content, products, materials, and services on ARKServers.net, or obtained from a Site to which the Site is linked (a "linked Site") are provided to you "AS IS" without warrant of any kind either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security, or accuracy. We are not liable for any websites or services provided by any third-parties displayed anywhere on our Site. All rights reserved to their respective owners.

Here's another one.

ARKServers.net will try to use reasonable efforts to supply a continuous service. However - we reserve the right to close service at any time, for any reason, for any period of time, at our sole discretion. No refunds on Wallet Cash will be given. ARKServers.net is not liable for any loss of data caused by (but not limited to) service interruptions, delays, economical issues, missed or non-deliveries, or by errors/omissions of the customer. ARKServers.net is not responsible for any losses suffered resulting from (but not limited to) acts of god or force majeure including civil unrest, riots, floods, drought, fire, war and imposing legislation.

And another...

These terms apply to both visitors and members of ARKServers.net. By accessing, using, viewing, reading, printing, installing, downloading any material from ARKServers.net, registering an account or logging into an existing account on ARKServers.net, or otherwise utilizing this website or it's services - you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions / Terms of Service. All visitors - regardless of being logged into an account or not - must read these terms and are bound by the current terms on this page. Again, if you do not agree with any of the current terms on this page then please do not view, use, register, login, download from, or otherwise utilize this website.

Here's a quote from Jen, note the final part. Please show me where it says anything about what I said, being against the rules?

Some general rules for official server conduct, so everyone is on the same page. As a warning, just because something isn't listed here doesn't mean that it's allowed and this list may be updated accordingly. Use your best judgement when conducting yourself on official servers.

- Hacking or cheating of any kind is not tolerated. You will face immediate ban without appeal if you are found to be hacking. Evidence of hacking must be provided when reporting a hacker (videos are best for this).

- PvP can get heated sometimes, but personal, directed harassment is not tolerated. This includes but is not limited to: posting personal information, posting account information, racism or hate mongering, heavy/explicit sexual language, death threats, etc. If you are the victim of any of the above, please report the individuals responsible including screenshots to our Customer Support.

- Impersonating a GM, which should be obvious, is not allowed. You will recieve a warning if you are caught doing this.

- Inappropriate or offensive names are not allowed. Ie. names containing vulgar, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, including any usernames which are sexual in nature.

- Any and all situations where you can build inside or under the terrain are not allowed. You will receive a warning from a GM to relocate all of your belongings within 24 hours. Failure to remove your base will result in the bases deletion, including any creatures and items that may also have been stored there. 

- "Box Quetzals" as they are affectionally known in the community are not allowed. You are not allowed to use unintended building mechanics to box your quetzal (or other platform creatures) in to protect it from taking damage. Unintended building mechanics include floating structures of any kind. Wildcard retains the right to decide what is and is not intended game mechanics. If you use these mechanics, you will be asked to remove the structures from your creature by a GM or risk your creature being deleted. 

- You are not allowed to block player spawn locations on any official server. Consider this your one and only warning, we will begin removing tribe structures on October 20th without one-on-one warning. If your base resides on a one spawn point by accident you won't be penalised. This only refers to tribes blocking multiple spawn points on purpose, example: using 1x1 locked structures new players cannot get out of.

- PVE specific: Blocking other tribes from building at their own base, blocking in other tribes dinos, blocking access in/out of a tribes base, obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it).

If you are warned for any of the reasons above and fail to comply, you can be temporarily banned or permanently banned from all official servers.

If you find a hack or exploit you think we should know about, let us know and we'll give you money! We want to fix issues, but we have to know about them to fix them. http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/523890046867909905/

If you are dealing with someone using exploits or inappropriate behaviour against you, your best course of action is to report them to our Customer Support team and let them address it. Taking action into your own hands where you in turn break these rules can result in you being punished as well. https://support.survivetheark.com/

I think this about ends your argument.

I see the post above and admit, they are 100% correct in the fact that they do not have to give any support.

That being said, I would think that a game that has nearly all gameplay banked on players playing online would try and give good support.  Have you ever read Blizzards TOS.  Its almost exactly the same as Arks.  However because you can ignore your player base is probably not a great idea if your banking on your player base playing your game online.

I call it doing the right thing, sure you dont have to hold the door open for the old lady, but you do it.  In this case it would be like the old lady gave you money, but your contract states you do not have to hold any doors open.  Sure you dont, but odds are she is not gonna keep paying you.

Anyone who claims there is no support in ARK has never actually attempted to seek it.

Plus comparing blizz(which is now actually Activision) to WC is like comparing Lake superior to the Pacific Ocean, Yeah lake superior is amazing and huge. But the pacific ocean is THE PACIFIC OCEAN.

As someone else said earlier, Apples to oranges, but really this is a much better example.

lol

-edit

It should be mentioned that even with the smaller team, compared to blizz, the lack in funds, compared to blizz, and the wording of the ToS/EULA, WC should be commended for providing the game/content/services they have. Because it is a monumental feat what they have been able to do.

The behaviors of tribes and server raiding can be used as an analog for real world situation and human patterns.

It's really quite amazing, and I would be disappointed if they ended it simply because some people couldn't adapt.

This game embraces Darwinism's Survival of the fittest, if you cannot adapt, adjust, and react to your environment, including server controlled stuff like wild dinos, and resources too other players, tribes, and even server raiders, you will not survive the ARK.

My opinion is formed from an offical server that has been down for 72 hours, multiple requests have been sent in thru the official form from many different players, no one has gotten any response.  Not a "I lost my dino" "my base got raided" ect.  Official server down for 72 hours with no response from anyone.  

1 hour ago, Rockfisch said:

I see the post above and admit, they are 100% correct in the fact that they do not have to give any support.

That being said, I would think that a game that has nearly all gameplay banked on players playing online would try and give good support.  Have you ever read Blizzards TOS.  Its almost exactly the same as Arks.  However because you can ignore your player base is probably not a great idea if your banking on your player base playing your game online.

I call it doing the right thing, sure you dont have to hold the door open for the old lady, but you do it.  In this case it would be like the old lady gave you money, but your contract states you do not have to hold any doors open.  Sure you dont, but odds are she is not gonna keep paying you.

I'll address you as the other poster seems hell bent on just ridiculing anyone with the slightest disagreement with his statements.

You're correct. They don't NEED to offer support, but the lack of is what astounds me and brings me to posting in here and asking others as to how they can find it acceptable to be waiting for upwards of WEEKS for 1 damn response of "lol can't do nuthin' glhf"

Now before I get ravaged by some other "pleasant" users within this thread, I get it. A lot of the issues that are reported are issues that Dev's have already marked off. i.e: disappearing dinos.

But what I am TRYING to get some blind people to understand is that there are ISSUES with this GAME that are BREAKING everything that they claim this game stands for.

PvP, land claims, and total dominance.

Sorry, but I HIGHLY doubt ANY of those "game ethics" are even close to being achievable with the current plethora of bugs, glitches, hacks, and exploits that are currently available to the users that are having nothing done about them.

People report item duplication before cross ark transfers through and through, and what does WC do?

Oh, right. They open it for everyone. Make it completely unaccessible and unfair for those who have not yet PAID to have the advantage of abusing something they have released for monetary value, within a "preview stage" (which is flipping idiotic as the ACTUAL GAME ISN'T EVEN GOLD YET AND THEY'VE ALREADY RELEASED DLC ISLANDS FOR FREE??)

People report tribes like VDD/Braisin/wtfever50amstronk (ones who have been known to use exploits towards their advantages almost always) and yet there they are, still showing up and duping with their chinese brethren in preparation for massive server-scale raids.

If this is SERIOUSLY how some people think this game is "intended to run" then I'll be damned, but I sure as poop do not agree with this. And don't worry, @epochdei I'm still stronk ;)

You are still straw manning me.

I never said that people exploiting the game are playing as intended or that its "running as intended"

That's you cherry picking and strawman'ing my statement about pvp raiding, dino killing/vanishing, oby blocking, caging, are all part of the games intended design and completely acceptable methods of pvping.

-edit

Duper's, glitcher's, and hackers should all be VAC banned and ARKservers.net banned. PERIOD.

53 minutes ago, epochdei said:

The behaviors of tribes and server raiding can be used as an analog for real world situation and human patterns.

"ALRIGHT COMRADES, TODAY WE DDOS OUR ARTILLERY UNTIL WE'VE DUPLICATED 60 TANKS, 40 B-52 BOMBERS, ABOUT 70 FOOTSOLDIERS AND 50 FIGHTER JETS.

THEN WE STRIKE."

Couldn't resist pointing out how silly that is.

You act as though present time is the only time of history.

Look at the Mongol empire, or the british empire, or the early American settlement. 

Or basically any country in Africa right now and most in the middle east.

-edit

BTW, you strawman'd again. please, stop already.

ARK is a great example of what happens to a society when the only rules are power.

These hackers and whatnot are abusing their power. It's not like before they started cheating they were noobs, most of these people were pros to begin with.

Absolute power corrupts asbolutely.

Money is Power...

Time is Money..

Time is fleeting

Thus, power, money, time are all doomed to be lost.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. 

So please just come down stairs and watch TV with us...

1 minute ago, epochdei said:

You are still straw manning me.

I never said that people exploiting the game are playing as intended or that its "running as intended"

That's you cherry picking and strawman'ing my statement about pvp raiding, dino killing/vanishing, oby blocking, caging, are all part of the games intended design and completely acceptable methods of pvping.

-edit

Duper's, glitcher's, and hackers should all be VAC banned and ARKservers.net banned. PERIOD.

Glad you agree, on your edit.

I'm simply reiterating what has been fueling my responses throughout this thread.

But you've been considering that whining and bitching and being entitled, and that everything's peachy-keen and "running as intended" as you've stated so many times throughout this post. I've been trying to bring to light that WC's support is AWFUL when it comes to the response times, and in cases of hacks and exploits as well.

But apparently that's me, and others, being entitled. Shame on me. Shame on me for saying that these should be taken care of in a swift manner. How dare I. I might as well smash my face against a rock as well huh.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived