Spawnpoints on PGMs

As I now have been playing on a new PG map for some time, I noticed an oddity with the spawn points. After dying (over and over again :) ) I seem to always spawn on the same point, regardless of the area I select for a random respawn. On the current map I always spawn zone West 3, regardless of whether I select North, West, South or East. All areas are available (except North 3, which is probably in the water). The map zones West and South have been discovered (North and East are still under FoW).

Any explanation for this? Is this a known bug? 

I decided to start playing with the PGMs, too, although I'm also trying out Primitive+. Anyway, I've noticed the same issue you've pointed out, always spawning in the same area, no matter which area I select. This issue really hampered my survivability on one of the PGMs I made, where I spawned (over and over) in a snow biome. I decided to create another random PGM, but again I've constantly spawned in the same area no matter which area of the map I select. The good news is that I've finally found a place to settle and also have a bed now. Being able to spawn in different areas of the map makes it easier to find a safer place to start out, so hopefully they'll fix this.

It seems I got the spawn points working again. The first time I tried a PGM was when the feature was released and I noticed that it replaced what I had in my Game.ini. I added them back in, but didn't play on that PGM again. After playing around on my other official maps, I decided to try it out again, but with Primitive+. I created a new PGM and that's when I noticed the spawn points weren't working. Because of another issue I was having, I decided to take a look at my Game.ini and I noticed the PGM settings were wrapped around the custom settings I added. That may be because I created different PGMs after putting those settings back in. I thought that maybe they were affecting the PGM some how, so I decided to delete my PGMs. I also deleted everything but the very top line of the Game.ini, and create a new PGM. I have died a couple of times now and selected different spawn points, which is now working. So, if you've added custom settings to your Game.ini, check it to see if they are surrounded by PGM settings and either move them or wipe your Game.ini.

*Update* It seems that spawn points work, sometimes. Initially, it seems that no matter which area you choose, you're going to spawn in around North 2. This seems to overwrite the area you initially selected. So, if you chose to spawn in at East 2, you're going to spawn in at North 2, every time you select East 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived