Woot my first 2 level 152 poision and fire wyvren babies just hatched :)

Zergling963

So they finally hatched! Sat in game close to base for hours today to hatch these little fellas out Know the poison is a girl not sure if the fire is a girl or boy as have logged out of my single player game in order to go to sleep right now

But still I have them and in adorable colors that I love Still have another 152 poison and lightning egg to hatch yet but plan to raise these babies first! Weird thing was its like they were a magnet! I haven't had an attack from a saber or wolf or terror bird for ages! I start bringing out my wyvren babies to see there colors in the sun and remove them from where they won't be able to get out and bam something attacks! Fortunately all my dinos killed it before it had any chance and the babies were on follow me. But I love my first 2 wyvren babies. Feel they don't have to bad stats either seems the stats are pretty even so not one stands out compared to all the others which I like?? please let me know. Thanks

Have shared the Fire Wyvren and Poison Wyvren baby photos and starting stats

Enjoy and please let me know your thoughts! I love these little guys though they are so awesome I just had to share Now I can't wait to fully imprint on them and see them fully grown

Thanks

20160927225444_1.jpg

20160927225826_1.jpg

20160927225847_1.jpg

20160927225857_1.jpg

Just now, GobboKirk said:

Good job and they are very cute for sure

Thanks I am thrilled now comes the monotonus job of imprinting and raising them but will be worth it! Lucky I still have a ton of work to do around my base in the meantime So I can be close if any attacks happen/keep an eye on the imprinting

1 minute ago, GobboKirk said:

I went for the "alarm on my phone" method to get the imprinting done
We have modified settings though, 10x grow/hatch and imprint every 45-60 mins.

Tried with every 20ish mins for 10hrs.. That was one long session of back and forth

Yeah fortunately single player freezes so I will get lucky there Good idea though if you were on a server

Aye, 100hrs of stopping by every 3-4hrs is kinda out of the question. :-)

Yeah will just do it as I can still have real life but I will get there! These babies ( I will admit I changed the wing color on the fire guy to a brighter red in the actual color wyvren chart) As I wanted it a bit brighter as I felt she was a little dull in the wing color! And I got exactly the color I wanted with my first poison lady so am very happy with them now! So happy to have them!

This is my nr.1 favorite part of ARK. The flexibility to set up the game to suit different play styles/time restraints.

Even if you can only get 1-2hr sessions in a few times a week, you can still accomplish your goals.

Yes though some things are hard ie: quetzals in single player but we all work out a way eventually! I am just happy to have the first 2 out of 4 wyvrens hatched! Will hatch the others when these two are grown up but unless I find more level 152 I don't really feel the need for more than 1 (only have 2 poisons cause I found 2 in the one day and couldn't not hatch them) for a single player game lol! Know theres mate boosting etc but kinda don't feel the need since I have 1 of every type except poison has 2 and all of them are the top level you can find of level 152 so unless they bring out higher dragon levels (even then I probably won't and will keep what I have but wait and see) Kinda don't feel the need for more dragons but still have to finish my base and tame more dinos etc And eventually if I get tired of scorched earth (doubt it) I can transfer all these guys back over But see how everything goes! I am just happy I successfully hatched the first two using torches

Not to mention if a new dlc comes out I will probably want to take my scorched earth dinos to it But see anyway lol Still tossing up if its worth bringing regular the island dinos over or not as am not sure if I want them over here. Kinda spoils the feeling of scorched earth in particular even though we don't have all the kibble types in this map. Kinda a nice challenge though

16 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

Not to mention if a new dlc comes out I will probably want to take my scorched earth dinos to it But see anyway lol Still tossing up if its worth bringing regular the island dinos over or not as am not sure if I want them over here. Kinda spoils the feeling of scorched earth in particular even though we don't have all the kibble types in this map. Kinda a nice challenge though

My plan is to take the SE animals back to our other island server.

Thinking of it as an expedition to the desert land and bringing all the shiney loot home :-)
Found a lot of really sweet blueprints in the desert crates that I plan to put to use back "home".

My plan is to take the SE animals back to our other island server.

Thinking of it as an expedition to the desert land and bringing all the shiney loot home :-)
Found a lot of really sweet blueprints in the desert crates that I plan to put to use back "home".

Yes good idea! I don't have a game set up on any of the maps right now but when I have all dinos/blueprints etc I will probably take them back over a bit at a time Back to the island where I can find a cool place to live Of course mindwipe may be required but if I have the blueprints well no issues there lol Notice you tend to find scorched earth blueprints not metal base or crop plot blueprints etc lol but its fine I just am so enjoying my time on scorched earth but need to get more farm dinos etc yet will get there eventually lol. Just taking my time as I can play it which is what I love about that they have single player and the game freezes. Yes not all is accomadated to single player but you can still make the most of it either way by finding blueprints etc Shame we wont be able to get salt etc in the island but guess that is where we stockpile those types of things to take with us and go back as required hehe

Yeah, I had some ideas for making an adobe building on the Island, but not with the sand :-D

I guess building it first with thatch and then transferring the finished materials would be doable though.

Ofc then followed by swearing because you miss counted 1 sloped roof or something :-p

lol always the case! I am always doing that and then I find I am out of materials and can't complete that one part so it bugs me till I farm the materials and get stuff made again!

My spare parts storage have saved me a few times though.

Ofc there is also the cases where I make a bunch of parts, go to put the left overs in there and notice I already had more than I needed already made up :-p

I always seem to be out of spare parts It bugs me to no end think I have spares then find theres none lol! As I always put the spare parts in a cupboard but am always out of what I want LOL I spend so much time bugged about missing materials lol! Shame vaults don't fit with the scorched earth buildings as I am always out of space!

Hmm adobe storage chests would be kinda nice to have.

Not that wood crashes with it, but would be a nice addition.

This also reminds me I still haven't sorted my storage boxes.... They are a giant mess on SE.

lol mine are all sorted and ordered except for the equiptment/saddles and blueprint box lol! You would not believe how many mantis saddles I have found! I may not have to make a single one lol Only issue I don't have enough and am out of space

2 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

And they save you tons of engram points. The flametrower ammo blueprint is turning into the "Water jar of SE" though :-p

I need to set up a 2nd row of boxes to get some system, but its on the to do list :-)

Tossing a few ceilings over the current row and woops, double the storage space.

Yeah though I learnt the vaults then realised I wasn't going to use them and needed to find more space for wooden boxes lol! So when mindwipe happens that may be taken out lol

Archived