Primitive Plus on Xbox One

AdamGiff92

Hey All,

Just wanted to check what happens to your single player files if you switch to Primitive Plus on the Xbox One?

I pretty much only play single player, and I haven't started on The Centre yet, so I was thinking of having The Centre as my Primitive Plus map, and keeping The Island and Scorched Earth as the regular game, I'm just worried that if I make the switch on the main menu, it will convert my progress on every map, not just The Centre.

I'd hate to loose all my progress on the other maps so wanted to check on here first before I overwrite hours of gameplay!

Thanks in advance!

Nothing happens. Basically at the moment on your own console you can have up to 5 different single player games games, two Arks, two Centers, and a Scorched Earth if you own it, soon to be 6 once SE becomes compatible with prim, as well as any game on any server is new. Switching back and forth between primitive and regular games don't affect ether game, you will keep both saves and you can also transfer items between characters on regular and primitive. You can also host your own dedicated server using your xbox so no tether for your friends, and each dedicated server it's it's own game, so you basically have 5 different dedicated servers you can run that don't effect your personal game ether. Hope this helped

26 minutes ago, GuardVarg said:

Nothing happens. Basically at the moment on your own console you can have up to 5 different single player games games, two Arks, two Centers, and a Scorched Earth if you own it, soon to be 6 once SE becomes compatible with prim, as well as any game on any server is new. Switching back and forth between primitive and regular games don't affect ether game, you will keep both saves and you can also transfer items between characters on regular and primitive. You can also host your own dedicated server using your xbox so no tether for your friends, and each dedicated server it's it's own game, so you basically have 5 different dedicated servers you can run that don't effect your personal game ether. Hope this helped

Wow, this is pretty cool to hear, I've been so paranoid about trying out anything but my local single player on the Island map as I didn't want to lose it if I switched to the other game modes.  I should have tried this out when I first got the game so I wouldn't have been as scared about losing my save.

Perhaps that last part of your paragraph is saying this, but if I do a dedicated host that will be separate from my local single player and one won't write over the other?  Again, paranoid here.  LOL  I'm so used to game saves having a name or some option to save into a different area that this has puzzled me with Ark.

7 minutes ago, mleii said:

Wow, this is pretty cool to hear, I've been so paranoid about trying out anything but my local single player on the Island map as I didn't want to lose it if I switched to the other game modes.  I should have tried this out when I first got the game so I wouldn't have been as scared about losing my save.

Perhaps that last part of your paragraph is saying this, but if I do a dedicated host that will be separate from my local single player and one won't write over the other?  Again, paranoid here.  LOL  I'm so used to game saves having a name or some option to save into a different area that this has puzzled me with Ark.

Same here, we had to figure it out, but yes the dedicated servers are completely different, I ran one and non of my stuff we build were in the dedicated.

The saves work a little something like each on, the Ark and the Center are each their own game and the Ark is the save file itself. Switching to primitive it it saved separately like primitive ark. And dedicated would probably be saved as dedicated ark.

I personally have more than one account on my xbox, easy to make, so I can have even more saves cause I do a lot of different things

Archived