[Help]Server Stuck on PVE in cluster mode

TheOneWolf

yea I have no idea what to do. Its set to be PvP in the config. "ServerPve=False" and nothing's in the command line. One server is fine at PvP, but the other is stuck to PvE.

serverPVE=False
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=True
ServerCrosshair=False
NoTributeDownloads=False
EnablePvPGamma=True
DifficultyOffset=1.0
XPMultiplier=20.0

1 hour ago, OurGrid said:

There is a "day/night" or timed PvE to PvP switch in configs - did that get toggled by chance? Not sure where else to look, sry.

Day/night was fine. But going off the Timed settings idea , which were was none. I removed any and all PvE related items which resolved the issue. Weird since I did a copy and paste of configs (minus what needs to be changed) to the other server that i got stuck on pve when the other server was fine.

So yea, removed all pve related commands from the configs on the server that was stuck which resolved the issue.

1 hour ago, OurGrid said:

Good! Well some places can be reached more than one way I suppose - but it is nice when things work Consistently! hehe

ikr, but that appears to be some sort of bug ya know. Even with the same configs as the other server, one is fine on PvP but the other gets locked. It shouldn't do that. That seems like a bug to me.

Lucky you PvP is the default option for ark so just removing it was the fix.  Sucks to be the person trying to go into PvE but stuck in PvP!  

Chances are, there was another option in your config somewhere causing it.  Ideally posting your entire gameusersettings.ini and game.ini would be the best and quickest way to have people help find the problem.

On 9/18/2016 at 3:07 AM, mndfreeze said:

Lucky you PvP is the default option for ark so just removing it was the fix.  Sucks to be the person trying to go into PvE but stuck in PvP!  

Chances are, there was another option in your config somewhere causing it.  Ideally posting your entire gameusersettings.ini and game.ini would be the best and quickest way to have people help find the problem.

Um I think you didn't read the thread correctly, seems like a troll post to me. Anyways, I wasn't "trying to go into PVE" I removed the "serverPvE=" before I removed anything else and It was still stuck to PvE. As I said, its was the exact/same config as our other server in the cluster and that is just fine with "serverPvE=false" in it and it works making that other server PvP, we've had and used that same config before with no issues it getting stuck on PvE. So it was not luck, its a bug somewhere.

Seems like you didn't read my post correctly. Must be a troll post.  What I was saying is that PVP is the default mode for ARK, so just REMOVING the config line related to it, or hell, even completely removing your config files all together, will default your server into PVP, which is what you WANT right, and what you said you did and fixed the problem.  I was saying you are lucky you got the easy fix, because if SOMEONE ELSE THAT ISNT YOU was stuck in PVP and wanted PVE,(the OPPOSITE of your situation) they could not just remove the config line to fix the problem.

Generally, you should spend extra time reading what someone says before you post about how they are not reading correctly.  It's generally a good rule to follow.  

• 1 month later...

Not a troll post, how I read it is that you didn't read what I have said. At that time, I tried that and it didn't work

I removed the "serverPvE=" before I removed anything else and It was still stuck to PvE

Regardless of it being actually in or not. As stated, one server had it with false and it worked fine, the other did not. I kept them in both, but removed everything PvE related OTHER then "serverPvE=" and  that fixed it. That is a Bug. Rather without it making it pvp by default, with it and set to false should STILL have the same effect. Since it did not, its a bug.

Archived