Can I run multiple maps on a server (not simultaneously)?

I asked this before in the support forum and the mods moved it to the Scorched Earth forum where it went unanswered, so I'll try again here.

On my server Xbox, can I have multiple maps, each with it's own save file?  So when I boot up the server for my clan, I decide if we will play The Center, or The Island, or Scorched Earth and on the client side, each of us will have a different character/save associated with whichever map is launched on the server?

No worries.  I figured as I was typing it that it would probably be misunderstood, but I was trying to keep it short and sweet.  Here's a longer explanation, for the sake of clarity:

I use one of our Xboxs as a dedicated server, currently running The Center.  A small group of us have put a ton of work into The Center and would hate to lose it, but we're also interested in trying The Island (Prim+) and Scorched Earth.  My hope is that we could launch the server with Scorched Earth and play that map (I'm assuming with new characters on each of our client Xboxs).  At some point, say when redwoods comes to The Center, we could start up the server again -- this time as The Center -- and when we log in, we'll each be playing with our Center characters and everything on the server will be as we left it.

Basically, I want to know if the save data structure is such that each map on any server is saved as it's own instance (same on the client side), thereby allowing us to toggle between maps as the urge hits us -- by restarting the server.  We are not looking to move characters across maps.

I have to agree with you here.  To me the game saves on the Xbox are really confusing as they seem different from how other games do saves that have multiple worlds or game modes.  And given past bugs I really don't want to chance blowing away my current save as I'm still having fun with it, but like you want to try out the other worlds as well.  Which does mean I won't be buying Scorched Earth until it's clear to me that my game save won't be blown away if I try it out with a new character or some other option.  Perhaps down the road when I get bored with the current map and don't want to continue it I might give it a try.  I really should have tested the game saves out when I first got the game to see how it worked before I got too into this current one.

18 hours ago, Bruto said:

I'm pretty sure it saves ur history. So u can make sure ask one of ur friends to do something on their server and switch to a different map and back to see if their progress is still there 

It took me a minute to wrap my head around what you were saying, but that's a great suggestion.  I'll try it with my son's Xbox.

4 minutes ago, BadW0lfRED said:

Just from experience I can tell you a few things. Yes you can run each map on one host and each has its own saved data/characters. A downfall to this is that when updates come out they are exponentially HUGE compared to the client Xbox. I'm talking like 45 gb vs 330 mb. So my updates take FOREVER with anything less than 100 Mbps download speed. Every ipdate I get multiple messages from the 15+ active players who don't understand why mine takes so long. Gets frustrating. I think next time I switch maps I will wipe the whole Xbox and start fresh. It was only like this after we had saved data on the island, the center, and scorched earth. 

Archived