xbox one version questions

jhills

I'm completely new to Ark and have not played it on PC, but have watched videos to see what it is like. I plan to get the early access on Xbox right away, and I was wondering a few things. 

1. Will game modes like survival of the fittest be coming to xbox one? 

2. Will the map size and number of players be able to match that of the PC version? 

3. Is your character level and inventory linked to each server, or can it be carried over?

hey jhills,

1) i do not know, dont think so in the preview

2) map size will be the same, the 'slots' will be 70 for the offical server, 50 for dedicated private servers (you need a second xbox and game) and 4 for the private ones.

3) its one char per server, though i believe on the pc (so hoping for xbox) you can move your char and inventory (including tamed dinos i think) to any other official server only.

this is what i believe to be true, if any of its wrong n any one can correct it let me know.

2 hours ago, zousug said:

hey jhills,

2) map size will be the same, the 'slots' will be 70 for the offical server, 50 for dedicated private servers (you need a second xbox and game) and 4 for the private ones.

3) its one char per server, though i believe on the pc (so hoping for xbox) you can move your char and inventory (including tamed dinos i think) to any other official server only.

this is what i believe to be true, if any of its wrong n any one can correct it let me know.

This is all spot on.

Survival of the fittest won't be available on the 16th, but will be available not long after within early access stage

as for your base, I would imagen you would have to dismantle the base, switch servers, then rebuild

• Wildcard Community
3 hours ago, zousug said:

hey jhills,

Downloads are disabled on official servers so you will not be able to transfer your items, character, or dinosaurs between any official server. Some unofficial servers allow you to do downloads though.

10 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

Most likely. That's up to the people whether they want to host a server or not.

cool thanks for the help. Last question, was RonRoe correct in saying games like survival of the fittest will come some time after? I don't know what constitutes being a community officer but I assume you have the reliable info

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, jhills said:

cool thanks for the help. Last question, was RonRoe correct in saying games like survival of the fittest will come some time after? I don't know what constitutes being a community officer but I assume you have the reliable info

It's currently not in right now. But it should be launching sometime during the xbox preview. I am not sure when though.

Archived