Can't get out my own home! Xbox One

RabSas

So this just happened!!!

I am new to the game, and just started playing it yesterday.

It is an awesome game.

So I went onto PvE to learn it a bit more and I levelled up to level 7. I was happy with that.

built myself a little thatch home, got a sleeping bag, campfire etc, a nice collection of building materials, some clothes, weapons, tools. Even joined a tribe. Then I had to log off, so went in my home, closed the door and logged out.

just finished work and came online to find out that some little A**hole has taken all my building materials, weapons and even the clothes I was wearing. Left me with nothing at all!!! And somehow has made MY home theirs by making MY home part of their tribe? The door is locked and I can't get out?

am I gonna have to admit defeat and restart from scratch? And if so, how do I prevent this from happening again?

18 minutes ago, RabSas said:

So this just happened!!!

I am new to the game, and just started playing it yesterday.

It is an awesome game.

So I went onto PvE to learn it a bit more and I levelled up to level 7. I was happy with that.

built myself a little thatch home, got a sleeping bag, campfire etc, a nice collection of building materials, some clothes, weapons, tools. Even joined a tribe. Then I had to log off, so went in my home, closed the door and logged out.

just finished work and came online to find out that some little A**hole has taken all my building materials, weapons and even the clothes I was wearing. Left me with nothing at all!!! And somehow has made MY home theirs by making MY home part of their tribe? The door is locked and I can't get out?

am I gonna have to admit defeat and restart from scratch? And if so, how do I prevent this from happening again?

Well you can eat your own poo. It will kill you and let you respawn somewhere else. Don't forget that you did join a tribe so your stuff is now theirs

Just now, RabSas said:

... Even joined a tribe. ...

You have run afoul of your own tribe. Specifically someone that wants the PvP experience without the danger so they pick on their own tribemates.  You need to find a way to exit the building, grab what you can, and leave the tribe.  If you can figure out who did it to you, I'd heartily recommend returning the kindness they showed you in whatever way you can think of.  I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube that could help.

Choose your tribe carefully.  In my experience, most tribes have things set so when you join everything now belongs to the tribe.  Tribemates can also manipulate your inventory and drag your body wherever they want while you are offline.

Good luck, and try not to get attached to your stuff, this game makes a habit of making you start over.

52 minutes ago, Azerik said:

You have run afoul of your own tribe. Specifically someone that wants the PvP experience without the danger so they pick on their own tribemates.

Ahh. Could this still be the case if my home was taken over by a different tribe from the one I had joined? From what I see, this is why I couldn't get out? I did have to just die in the end and I spawned elsewhere? Although I thought because I had a sleeping bag in my home that I would end up spawning in there again? Thankfully that didn't happen.

1 hour ago, BigRed1227 said:

That's really weird.....if you play and want to join a good friendly tribe and want an official server lemme know always looking for people who are on and are willing to communicate to get a job done

Yeah I'm up for that. I won't always be on, but it will be on a regular basis. And remember I'm a total noob on this just now? Lol. ?

Archived