Kiting Wild dinos to bases/tames is ok on PvE?

MultiKore

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Not entirely sure where you got the idea that it's been recently changed.

6 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This is how is used to read:

• PvE Server (Blocking players from getting out of their bases, obstructing pathways/waterways, dragging wild dinos into bases, etc.)

How it reads now:

• PvE Server (Blocking players from getting out of their bases, obstructing pathways/waterways, etc.)

Thanks dude, and you Ciabattaroll, gotta do your research next time...

24 minutes ago, MultiKore said:

Uh...no amount of behemoth gates will stop someone DROPPING a giga off a rock formation into your base. If you play on the center you are FULLY AWARE that gigas like to spawn 200ft IN THE AIR on top of a tiny rock...Fat lot of good behemoth gates are in that situation...

Don't build under the rock then =3

4 hours ago, bedsidespider said:

PVE means player vs environment, if you're getting wiped by the wildlife you are doing it wrong.

It's really not hard to defend against wild giga spawns, I had a base right next to one on a pvp server and there were plenty of reasons to kite then into my base, we raided like crazy.  I would often find a giga wandering the woods outside my base walls. I even kited some in to tame a few times. Just put some metal pillars (5-6+ tiles tall to help prevent them vaulting over) if a full metal wall is too expensive, space them about one tile apart then fill the gap with metal spike walls. Bam, giga fence. If the metal behemoth gate is too expensive for you double up a pair of stone ones. First gate might get chewed on a little but it'll get bored long before it gets through the second one.

Also keep some plant x inside your walls set to all targets but have them on a range too low to hit a target outside your walls. This way a kited giga will get bored and move on.

It is seriously this easy. The base on North 1 has -never- had an unwanted giga get within its walls and it is directly below a giga spawn.

but thats my point player vs enviroment I am all fine with but as soon as that giga is kited by a player it becomes player vs player. I wouldnt even have a problem with that if wild gigas in anyway were balanced but they are not at all. And some kid with immaturity issues or an adult with a child syndrome shouldnt dictate how I build on a PVE server my base has never had a Giga in it they dont bother me just wander around my walls but if someone is actively making them attack my structures that is different that is PVP in my eyes because that Giga or Bronto or whatever wouldnt be attacking if not for that other player

Problem is where to draw the line.

First of all, I totally agree with the fact that kiting dinos to bases to wipe players (PVE) should not be done, ever.

For all I care they permaban ppl who want to grief and do this stuff for giggles.

*Sometimes it is the only way to take care of a griefer that is harassing the server yourself after WC staff won't intervene after ppl sent in numerous tickets.

So there's a problem right there.

And now we're talking about kiting dinos to bases.

When I started I was struggling as a newb and surviving at a campfire in my cloth armor when someone was kiting carnos to my spot.

And I had a period when a certain player wanted to harass me and was constantly killing dinos I was trying to tranq when possible or kiting aggressive dinos to my unconscious tames. I regularly had to build huge structures around & ove rmy tames to try to protect them from that player.

^those 2 examples both qualify as 'kiting dinos to harass others'.

So where do you draw the line?

Archived