@DEVS: What are the plans with the giganotosaurus??

Dinosaurs

Hello,

First of all i want to say: I absolutely love this game!

BUT like everybody knows there is a HUUGE  discussion about the giganotosaurus on the steam forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/490125103626166289/

The thread is now 393 PAGES long and still growing but there is absolutely no response from the Devs.

So im asking or 1 of the devs could spare 1-2 min of his/her time and give a response about the what are their plans are with the giganotosaurus??

Im sure a lot of people are really really curious about this [else the thread wouldnt be 393 pages]

Greetings,

When asked on stream they simply laugh :) I think they'll keep it like this and eventually turn most other carnivores into the same thing. Lots of damage in the wild and very tough to take down and I honestly want that. Our tamed dinos are way too strong.
A Rex should not be as easy to get as it is. Neither should the Giga. I got one yesterday and the only thing involved in terms of "skill" was how much spare time I had on my hands and leading it to a good rock for it to get stuck.
The AI needs to be able to know when they've been stuck in the same spot for more than 3-5 seconds and either leave or just move around it.
At the same time, I'd want the bigger dinos to realize "I'm not feeling too good, better run away!" like some of the herbivores do. The Bronto, the Paracer and the Spino all run away once their life total is very low. Why would they stick around if they keep getting tranq and become weaker and weaker.

Bottom line, they've had plenty of time to "fix" it and nothing has been done.

But at the same time I would like a "it's not going to change, guys." reply from the devs, so we can have quote them for a fast and easy answer every time a thread pops up about the "issue" :) 

The Giganto is far from finished, all of the dinos are still being worked on, and there are confirmed updates coming to improve and balance various dinos... But I too would like to see more input from the devs!

With things like the Ballista balancing, the devs reacted immediately to our objections, so the silence with this particular dino for so long is a bit off putting...

9 hours ago, Kiya said:

The Giganto is far from finished, all of the dinos are still being worked on, and there are confirmed updates coming to improve and balance various dinos... But I too would like to see more input from the devs!

With things like the Ballista balancing, the devs reacted immediately to our objections, so the silence with this particular dino for so long is a bit off putting...

They are definitely aware of the issue (Nubsly was the one who merged all the giga threads after all) they must've got their reasons.

but i'd honestly like them to say something about this...

Personally, i think dino stats should stay as they are (tamed dino stats of course) unless the devs add some kind of dino mindwipe tonic (we really need this one)

On 13-12-2015 at 4:41 PM, HighFlyer15 said:

• But at the same time I would like a "it's not going to change, guys." reply from the devs, so we can have quote them for a fast and easy answer every time a thread pops up about the "issue" :) 

Indeed even a   "it's not going to change, guys." reply from the devs,  would be waaay better then no response at all.

Come on Devs, It only takes 1-2 mins and if you arent going to reply then what the point of having an own forum??????????

20 hours ago, GigaIsLoveGigaIsLife said:

The Giga is fine. I like it the way it is. Hope it's never nerfed again. The other dinos just need some more balancing and toughening up.

Giganotosourus is Love.

Giganotosourus is Life.

They're not finished yet, their scaling needs work (forcetamed lvl 1 giga--400 stamina, then i forcetamed a 120 giga--406 stamina, that's just silly tbh)

Problem with Gigas is how they give more power to "Alpha" tribes on aids servers (Aids server - pvp serwer when one tribe tells you what and where you can build, what you can tame etc, its pure AIDS). There should be more ways of enraging giga (atm you can basically ignore the enrage bar unless you decide to go bungee jumping with it from top of the volcano) and defending against it. You've got 10 220+ level T-rexes? No worries, medium level Giga will chomp through them as they didnt even exist. 

Gigantos might be fun on singleplayer or pve servers but in PvP it brings that extra level of elitism nobody asked for.

On 15-12-2015 at 8:03 PM, Dinosaurs said:

Indeed even a   "it's not going to change, guys." reply from the devs,  would be waaay better then no response at all.

Come on Devs, It only takes 1-2 mins and if you arent going to reply then what the point of having an own forum??????????

Come on Devs, It only takes 1-2 mins and if you arent going to reply then what is the point of having an own forum??????????

Well. I played on EU Primitive 1 and 5.

On both servers, in the very moment when someone builds a stone base the alpha tribe Gigatrollosaurus shows up.. chew chew game over for the couraged base builder.

He can neither be stopped by 10 species-x nor by 100.

Everybody playing ARK can certainly confirm, that the coastlines are covered with Giganoto ruins everywhere.

So this fact is nothing that has to be discussed, we have also not to start a discussion if the sky is blue or if the grass is green.

Gigatrollosaurus must lose his stone bite (at least on Primitive, where stone is the top tier material) and hp/attack reduced to rex+50%

5 hours ago, gepardenforelle said:

not sure how to think about all this to be honest.
Especially since this is no longer just a question of "giganerf or not", but gows into a question of "developers care or not"
very disheartening.

Personally, i no longer care if they nerf them or not...

I only want their scaling to be properly balanced so i can start using them.

Just now, Darckray said:

i tried forcetaming a 120 giga in SP so i could see his stats, it had 406 stamina... (400 stamina at lvl 1) that's just silly tbh

Their internal leveling would be nice, but I also want to see their place in the game scaled reasonably (which his what i though you meant)  I don't care how they do it but it'd be nice if it no longer felt like someone brought Godzilla to the reptile house and said... yeah this is perfect.

don't care how it happens but something needs to be done... and even if that this is to make tamed ones to scale reasonably so they can fight wild  ones... whatever I give up, I'd accept that.

32 minutes ago, Agent_Of_Change said:

Their internal leveling would be nice, but I also want to see their place in the game scaled reasonably (which his what i though you meant)  I don't care how they do it but it'd be nice if it no longer felt like someone brought Godzilla to the reptile house and said... yeah this is perfect.

don't care how it happens but something needs to be done... and even if that this is to make tamed ones to scale reasonably so they can fight wild  ones... whatever I give up, I'd accept that.

They do need a nerf too tbh, the power hole between the mosa and the giga is way too big (the mosa being the previous strongest carnivore)

I do like them being the strongest tho, they fit in the role but i think the devs added some extra 0s to their stats.

5 minutes ago, Darckray said:

They do need a nerf too tbh, the power hole between the mosa and the giga is way too big (the mosa being the previous strongest carnivore)

I do like them being the strongest tho, they fit in the role but i think the devs added some extra 0s to their stats.

not gonna argue but I think possibly the best approach might be to extend the power scale in a grand compromise rather bring back the giga fully.  I've thought about this a lot.

so you have 4 basic approaches:

1. leave it alone, it's fine as it is.  Personally i think you'd have to be a lobotomy patient to think this but there it is.

2. Hit the giga with a nerf bat to balance it to the existing power scale, basically slice the gigas stats by 80%, take away the tame nerf and fix it's leveling scaling.  It's still the nastiest thing on the island by a wide margin but not freaking Godzilla anymore.

3.  Full power to the power creep!... increase all the stats on everything in the game so that the folks dead terrified of balancing get to keep all thier big numbers and get more big numbers but the ultimate result is identical to 2. only with a lot more work.

4. re-kajigger the powerscale.  This is not unlike 3 except rather than a blanket increase of everythign you bring the giga down a bit (because it is really unreasonable as it is) but not a whole lot... then you starting with the rex and working down buff the creatures to spread them out on the powerscale so it's once again a proper curve... mainly the rex would get the biggest buff proportionally and the dilo would get the smallest.  Then you adjust player weaponry and tools to reflect the new power curve top end (basically increasing damage of the weapon tiers in a similar manner to the dino power curve)

I clearly prefer 4.

Archived