DarthArkPrime Server Setting, Rules, and Primitive + Discussions

DarthArkPrime

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, soggywetfish said:

So is the server not going up at all today then, or can we do something where we only go up to a certain engram stage decided by DarthArkPrime as it would be good to get used to the map and stuff and all the new rates applied

From what I understand, if I add the mod after the fact, any progress on the server will be wiped.

Can anyone confirm this?

Just now, DarthArkPrime said:

From what I understand, if I add the mod after the fact, any progress on the server will be wiped.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah im pretty sure it will but, I think its going to be a few weeks and im not fused about starting again you can always have increase exp when the mod comes out if you want to get back to a high level

1 hour ago, DarthArkPrime said:

Can anyone confirm this?

Primitive+ release on Xbox One

Don’t worry! Primitive+ will still be releasing on Xbox One - it has not been cancelled, let’s dispel those rumours right now. It is fact coming fairly soon! Though, it is still a couple weeks away. The reason for the delay, outside of regular procedure matters (certification etc), is that we wanted to take a more careful approach with releasing this DLC due to the some of the bumps that we had run into when we initially released our first DLC, The Center onto the Xbox platform. A few of our recent patches have had significant changes which have led to some painful situations which we’re still recovering from in terms of issues that crop up post release. I know it sucks as you guys have been very passionate about playing Primitive+, we’ve seen the support all over social media and we’re truly grateful for it, which is even more reason why we want to do our best to ensure that when the DLC is made available, it does not suffer from those same bumps. We’re going to ensure this by putting it through it’s paces with more vigorous QA, and monitoring the official release on PC for any undetected issues, as well as conduct extra iteration when necessary. We are sorry about the delay, and it won’t be too long, and when it does become available, you’ll be glad we avoided the risk and hopefully we’ll have a smooth, bump, and bruise-free release!

OK, well based on the information provided,we will continue to accept members to this future server.  Hopefully Prim + will be released in next patch.

I'm so sorry to all of you.  I know your just as excited to experience this mod and my server as I am.  Please just wait a little longer and we will explore these harsh conditions together when the mod launches.

We have waited this long.  Let's hold out a little longer.  I rather see all the bugs worked out before the launch.

Don't you?

On 7/20/2016 at 5:34 PM, DarthArkPrime said:

OK.  I appreciate the feedback.  can you explain how no fliers cuts off the underground?

you cannot create ramps, stair system to compensate? 

I'm super pumped for this. As for the underground, there is a massive underground area that is only accessible by using fliers (or bed teleport). You can get in, but not back out really. That's probably what was being referred to. 

9 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

I'm super pumped for this. As for the underground, there is a massive underground area that is only accessible by using fliers (or bed teleport). You can get in, but not back out really. That's probably what was being referred to. 

are they small enough that building a quick bridge would be viable? keep in mind u can carry more since u wouldn't be going there in say a Terra,

6 minutes ago, Renagade655 said:

are they small enough that building a quick bridge would be viable? keep in mind u can carry more since u wouldn't be going there in say a Terra,

Not the underground area (the one with the second sun) only has ceiling exits. The ceilings are really high. Once down there, the only way out is to tame a ptera and fly out.

However,... I wonder with enough scaffolding, if you might be able to get out (not sure if there is enough room), but the resource collection is not really boosted on this server, so it would be tedious and unrealistic to try with these settings.

3 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Not the underground area (the one with the second sun) only has ceiling exits. The ceilings are really high. Once down there, the only way out is to tame a ptera and fly out.

However,... I wonder with enough scaffolding, if you might be able to get out (not sure if there is enough room), but the resource collection is not really boosted on this server, so it would be tedious and unrealistic to try with these settings.

yeah, I kind of wish he was doing it on the Island, nothing there u couldn't reach without fliers

5 minutes ago, Renagade655 said:

yeah, I kind of wish he was doing it on the Island, nothing there u couldn't reach without fliers

I'm good with either really. I'm still enjoying the novelty of the center. I appreciate that there is lots of metal available, lots of water, and there are still places I have not explored yet, But you are right, the island is accessible 

1 minute ago, Jtmorris said:

I'm good with either really. I'm still enjoying the novelty of the center. I appreciate that there is lots of metal available, lots of water, and there are still places I have not explored yet, But you are right, the island is accessible 

yeah, one thing about the center is metal is super easy.

u got a tribe yet?

Just now, Renagade655 said:

yeah, one thing about the center is metal is super easy.

u got a tribe yet?

I don't. I typically am not on a lot and don't use a mic, so I just build small, hidden, and out of the way like a hermit in the woods. I was on a really nice PVP server where people were so kind to me, let me be, and one neighboring tribe even protected me. However if someone was okay with me not on much and talking via chat, then I would be open to that.

I have had numerous requests for this.  If I start the server now, the moment the mod is released, the mod would wipe the server.

I can see alot of people getting upset about this.  As long as those signing on understand that there is no discussion, that the server will be wiped in a matter of weeks, if even that, and the mod will be adopted without question.

I know what will happen tho.  People see the server up, accomplish some goals, and then ask - passionately mind you, to not wipe.

As far as the map choice, it's the hard that makes it great.  If everything was easy, everyone would do it.  

57 minutes ago, DarthArkPrime said:

Damage numbers?  I was going to use the same settings as the Primitive plus server - only thing is I cant turn off the other engrams and just hope people honor the fact not to go above stone

If you do figure out a way to make the server just a regular primitive server can u send out messages on Xbox if the servers up? And that damage numbers thing is awful for pvp people can see the hit markers from miles away and know exactly where you are.

44 minutes ago, DarthArkPrime said:

I have been asking but noone seems to know how to sort or remove the engrams.  Is the system broken for Xbox - I wish someone from designers would just lay it out on how to do it correctly.  So much guess work.  If I figure it out - of course I will send out a message.

If you go to the "host ark settings" menu, under "more" you can turn on "only allow specified engrams". I think you will have to type the name of every engram you either want or do not want honestly not sure how it works. That seems like it would be a lot of work typing all that tho. Its weird that there's not just a primitive server option.

yes.  building in caves is allowed.  because of the no fliers rule, I am also banning suicide bases / doors.

I haven't needed to make that rule since my RUST server.  Very funny.

**** Suicide door / base**** definition - gaining access to an other wise near impossible to reach location via death spawn / bed.

For instance, build a base on top of a peak that is not accessible from the ground.  There are no stairs, no rope ladders, cannot reach via traditional game mechanic methods (jumping off dinosaur etc...)

An easy way to check if it is illegal is to ask the builder " Hey how the huck do you get in that awesome pimp pad on top of that peak? 

Answer: I like to find new ways of offing myself...today I spit in a Wild Raptors eye...I felt like a big man.

Again my temporary server is up until the mod is released then I wipe it.

Honestly, I have been watching and keeping tabs on people for the last couple days.  People are screaming through levels so fast, and building great big things on this TEMPORARY server.  Im not a fan on the longer grind either - but I am making it work.

This is not quite a vanilla / official server setting - but I didnt want it to be impossible either.  The biggest threat - if you want to call it that - is the bugs - the swarms make quick work of people.

I wanna get feedback , keep it coming

Archived