getting ark this christmas, help my doubts!

grievious199

hey guys of the ARK community, I'm rather unsure of having it though due to the people saying how apparently poorly optimised the game is.

Me and one of my friends are both intending to get the game as were avid fans of the survival open world genre of games, plus whats not to love about dinosaurs right?

so the doubts that me and my friend has is the optimisation issue, im sure you guys have heard of people saying that.

I would really love to play this game with my friend when we get it, i checked the minimal requirements (friend doesnt have a powerful pc) and we can both run it. but the main question is if this game is poorly optimised and if so, is there a way we could potentially minimise the issues that could arise?

i would look forward for the community's response

• Volunteer Moderator

To start with i'd say post yours and your friends PC specs here as this will help people give advice. The minimum specs are there to show you what should be enough to run the game, it doesn't necessarily mean it is what will run the game really well.

As for optimisation, well that is going to come over time.

14 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

To start with i'd say post yours and your friends PC specs here as this will help people give advice. The minimum specs are there to show you what should be enough to run the game, it doesn't necessarily mean it is what will run the game really well.

As for optimisation, well that is going to come over time.

my specs is as follows

32GB RAM

i7-4770 quad core processor (3.4 GHz)

AMD radeon R9 270

my friend has got if memory serves me right (i'll ask when shes up, time of writing this she isnt awake)

8GB RAM

I3 duo core processor (i think its 2.33GHz)

internal intel HD graphics 5000 (core speed being 1.3GHz)

---

Key note here my friend isnt after max fps (neither am i) as long as were not jittering everywhere then were happy

I'm not entirely sure about your AMD video card (I'm more an Nvidia person), but I can say you will likely be able to play ark on High/epic settings nearly all round.
Would suggest to turn all shadow options to off/low for best results regardless.

Regarding your friends rig....
Have to agree with Rubik above.
He will barely be able to play Ark, IF it even runs it at all.

1 minute ago, GTX2GvO said:

I'm not entirely sure about your AMD video card (I'm more an Nvidia person), but I can say you will likely be able to play ark on High/epic settings nearly all round.
Would suggest to turn all shadow options to off/low for best results regardless.

Regarding your friends rig....
Have to agree with Rubik above.
He will barely be able to play Ark, IF it even runs it at all.

yeah sorry about the dissapointment in the graphics card (it came with the pc, would rather nvidia myself xD) my friend doesnt have a gaming pc so i wouldnt be surprised by this. thanks for the help!

2 minutes ago, GTX2GvO said:

Oh, but I'm not saying it's a bad card.
I just don't know how good you can use it with ark.

I'd say your R9 270 is somewhere between the GTX960 and GTX970, although maybe more in line with a GTX770.
As in, not bad, but still on the somewhat outdated kind.

its fine dont worry dude :P teasing you

Archived