i knock out the pteranodon.

Feed it meet.

Watch the purple bar go down.

Feed it drugs 

watch purple bar go up

And when does the taming bar go up? 

Watch countless vids, do it this way.

Ok np, do it and still nothing.

Yesterday i sat for a hour on 1 pteranodon and i got so i rate had to kill it and anything else that moved.

Not once did that taming bar move in a hour.

45 minutes ago, Narruc said:

i knock out the pteranodon.

Feed it meet.

Watch the purple bar go down.

Feed it drugs 

watch purple bar go up

And when does the taming bar go up? 

Watch countless vids, do it this way.

Ok np, do it and still nothing.

Yesterday i sat for a hour on 1 pteranodon and i got so i rate had to kill it and anything else that moved.

Not once did that taming bar move in a hour.

Hi, sorry for asking but in addition to making him eat Narcotics, did you also put some Meat in his inventory without forcing him to eat it?

(I don't know if you're new to Ark or not, but you have to wait until he eats the meat himself, If you are already familiar with Ark then I apologize for the question I asked you)

Posted (edited)

Been trying now for 3 days to tame it. Don't know what to do, other than smash this xbox and just quit gaming altogether.

Udderly stupid that i can sit and watch a youtube video on how its done then go into the game and do what the fing video said to do,

And sit there forever and it does nothing  

Edited by Narruc

N

8 minutes ago, Narruc said:

Ho messo la carne nel suo inventario e non ha fatto nulla, ho aspettato, aspettato e aspettato.

Poi provo a forzare e niente.

Ho messo carne di prima qualità, niente 

Gli ho messo un bastone nel calcio, niente 

you don't have to force it... otherwise the food comes back up and you have to wait again. All animals will automatically eat after their food bar drops by a certain amount, however if you force him to eat meat then his food will rise again but it will not increase the taming bar, you have to wait for him to eat the meat on his own. You can make him eat Narcotics without this affecting taming, but for food you have to wait until he eats automatically (fine meats will reduce the time, kibble even better)

https://www.dododex.com/taming/pteranodon

---

Dododex can be a valuable aid for taming creatures, among other things it will tell you how much food needs to go down to be tamed, how much food each type of food provides (so how much food needs to go down before it eats), just make sure you enter the Dino level at the top of the page