Microsoft Chat Censor...

Grognak

Suggestion

Guys, this is plum ridiculous....

Yall have got to tone this thing down, I can't even type items that are IN GAME into filter boxes to make quick inventory adjustments....

I cant type "the" or LOL... even "Code of Conduct" is censored... 

Cant type COOKED MEAT or even capitalize vault names like "Fiber" or "Thatch" and most other common and completely PG and PC words...

We need a way to disable it per player, make it default at log in... IDC, but allow us to disable it completely, once in game...

Something has got to give on this...

• Thanks 1

3 replies to this server topic

There have been a few topics around chat censoring odd letter combinations such as TH HO PO and this is something I'm experiencing as a Windows PC client user. I think this may effect some Xbox users as well. I have seen a suggestion that this is down to the Xbox Live settings somehow effecting Ark's in game chat engine but, that makes no sense. Especially as I can chat just fine in the Xbox app, I can say poop and everything! I've reported this as a bug so it's on Wildcard's radar ;) but I'm wondering how many people this actually effects and on what platform? What's interesting is that Steam Users see all, even languages with pictural characters apparently. 

Like limit censoring to racial words and profanity. It’s sad asa is basically a brand new game at some point they should update the censorship the point of a remake is the remake. It censors the dumbest things randomly I’m tired of it. It’s with chat, broadcast command & Searches just like you sayed. everything you type basically like did you know it’s censoring the suicide command now. Just change that command then if you got issues. I totally agree if you recreated the game from the ground up why didn’t you treat it like a like a revamp entirely you could have improved censoring for sure. Think about it loosen up a little with it. 

Edited by AnantaBoga