New "Show Player Servers" Option Unnecessary

Feynt

Suggestion

Title.  This just screams corporate tampering, Wildcard.  If you're being pressured by Nitrado to add that when it was working perfectly fine without that option just a week ago, reword the button slightly.  If this was a conscious decision, please either revert the change or actually save the button's state between sessions so I don't have to click it again and again each time I want to find my server.

8 replies to this server topic

6 hours ago, Hodir said:

The language in their patch notes says it all when you read between the lines:

"Updated how unofficial servers are listed to prevent errors and exploits To see non-commercially (non-Nitrado) hosted Unofficial Servers, please enable the checkbox "Show Player Servers" and refresh the session list."

Translation:

"We owe Nitrasho a truckload of money due to a foolish agreement our inept and incompetent leadership made with them. Therefore, we are deliberately trying to steer players onto Nitrasho servers by hiding better alternatives behind a completely unnecessary checkbox."

Hence why I was asking them to change the button text slightly so we would know it's a commandment from on high.  Like asking someone to blink twice if they're not okay and need help because they're being coerced.  >P

Edited by Feynt

On 12/15/2023 at 12:59 AM, Feynt said:

Title.  This just screams corporate tampering, Wildcard.  If you're being pressured by Nitrado to add that when it was working perfectly fine without that option just a week ago, reword the button slightly.  If this was a conscious decision, please either revert the change or actually save the button's state between sessions so I don't have to click it again and again each time I want to find my server.

Ya and every since this update i can no longer find my server. It was working fine before the update.

That new extra step is just a big middle finger from the devs to their community, and really looks like a mechanic purely introduced to repress non-nitrado hosted servers.

It has always been annoying because this game crashes nonstop and favourited servers dont appear in the list until i use the search bar. And now that new button, that doesnt even save what i set it to, is yet another step that doesnt seem to serve any good purpose. It is even more difficult to use than the other buttons next to it, i have to click exactly on the little checkbox, while the others work by just clicking the overall button anywhere.

11 hours ago, Feynt said:

The language in their patch notes says it all when you read between the lines:

"Updated how unofficial servers are listed to prevent errors and exploits To see non-commercially (non-Nitrado) hosted Unofficial Servers, please enable the checkbox "Show Player Servers" and refresh the session list."

Translation:

"We owe Nitrasho a truckload of money due to a foolish agreement our inept and incompetent leadership made with them. Therefore, we are deliberately trying to steer players onto Nitrasho servers by hiding better alternatives behind a completely unnecessary checkbox."

• Like 1

It would be ok to have the option if you put it in and it worked, but I think the whole community knows the slimeball reasoning for this to be added and not work. Without this option checked over 10k servers show up, check it and only 30-50 servers show up. Refresh it and a different group of servers show up. This is a clear violation of the fair use laws in the way of its design is an attempt to make player's servers unreasonably hard to find compared to the unofficial servers offered by your business partner, to whom you now owe an unreasonable amount of money. Do the right thing and fix it and allow your community to grow!!!

Edited by KaoticBrock

Fix this so that it shows more than 30-50 servers. My server is never shown unless I spend 20mins hitting refresh. This was clearly by design to keep your partners happy. You are treating your game's community poorly and I will be shutting my server down and moving it to another game to serve if this isn't addressed soon. I have communicated with the my servers discord community and we have decided to vote for the next game and all move together. By the way, the design of this filter and the fact it was made to not work correctly is unlawful in the US.

Can someone explain me please why this filter called like this? Why non-nitrado servers are hidden so deeply while these are actually good, non-laggy servers? Why it loads only 60 servers at most and shows different servers on each refresh? Why can't you just merge all unofficial servers? Every nitrado-hosted server I played is a complete lag/crash mess, though you try to push it to players so hard that you hide dedicated unofficial servers under these funny-named filters. Isn't a button "want your own ark server?" enough? Honestly seems like a greedy EA BS at players' cost