Suggestion for mute in chat

TonyTempah

Suggestion

3 replies to this server topic

My life with the great Left 4 Dead 2 became so much better when they allowed us to block custom sprays.  I got so tired of seeing salacious anime gifs painted all over the walls of every level.  I would imagine the same for Ark: I would turn off chat entirely to avoid constant trolling at times and miss the ones from players that I needed to see.

18 hours ago, TonyTempah said:

It would be great if chat worked and didn't replace th ha etc with """ but what would be really great would be the ability to mute other players. Someone being an asshat? Mute! Boxes for text? Mute! Someone reciting Vogon Poetry?...

Anyone else think this would be a quality life improvement?

What system are you on? I know you can just block their Gamertag/ID on Xbox, PS, and Steam. Does ASA not have the option to show their ID in chat like ASE does?

On 12/14/2023 at 3:15 PM, Mike585x said:

What system are you on? I know you can just block their Gamertag/ID on Xbox, PS, and Steam. Does ASA not have the option to show their ID in chat like ASE does?

I am on Windows PC platform and show up as Xbox logo in chat. Blocking players does not effect ASA chat for me. So, 1) we need a chat that works and 2) need the ability to mute players in chat.