Questions About Wild Babies

GameFreak

1 hour ago, GameFreak said:

i killed a 145 rex and claimed its baby but it didnt getr the extra levels like all the others, is this a bug or something?

It seems random if they get extra levels or not. I get it about 1/4 of the time if that. I figure it's meant to be like that to encourage you to tame parents for the bonus level guarantee rather than only taming the babies. If they get the bonus levels they exceed the maximum level a parent can get like a 150 baby can tame as 225 when the best kibble tame of a parent is 224 for example too.

8 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

It seems random if they get extra levels or not. I get it about 1/4 of the time if that. I figure it's meant to be like that to encourage you to tame parents for the bonus level guarantee rather than only taming the babies. If they get the bonus levels they exceed the maximum level a parent can get like a 150 baby can tame as 225 when the best kibble tame of a parent is 224 for example too.

This Youtuber did some testing and found that restarting their single-player game after the baby is spawned is what allows them to get bonus levels. It seems like it's currently bugged, unless there are other factors that are going into it. It would be nice to hear something from the devs as to what exactly they intend to happen here and if it's bugged.