Bring back plumbing and wiring

CaelumNL

Suggestion

While most of the qol changes are working well, getting rid of plumbing and cables is not. Just give me back my option to run my whole base and if needed the whole Island on one generator please and me not needing to build my cooker close to a river to have unlimited water supplies instead of 10 items I can craft at a time. Thanks for the attention.

• Facepalm 1

3 replies to this server topic

I agree with wiring, it’s a pain having to run 4-5 generators for a single base.

the plumbing however, is different because you can chain water reservoirs that can extend the reach of the intake pipe, so it still works

the reason these were changed was for structure lag, which makes sense but it’s ridiculous that there’s no range extender for the generators

• Like 1

I think instead of bringing back the old system, sprucing up the new system with more pieces/options would maybe be better. The wiring and piping was not ideal, and if aesthetics from that are something people miss then mods could likely add the look back. I don't know all the logistics, and this is just my personal opinion on this! 

For the plumbing, having a ground water "well cap" or "pump" available as a smaller aesthetic option to extend water supply systems would be nice. Instead of collecting rainwater it would tap into groundwater, giving intake water access anywhere on land also. Perhaps with a level & power requirement for balance. I've had wells in real life so this just makes sense to me. The above ground cap part is pretty small. Sorry for lack of accurate terminology.

For the electricity, perhaps some sort of transformers could be added to extend the range.  Larger pylons for larger radius and smaller ground extenders for smaller extensions perhaps. Just no sparky effects, a simple green/yellow light indicating it is powered would be much better (in my opinion anyway).

On 11/27/2023 at 6:31 AM, TheTrueSpider said:

I agree with wiring, it’s a pain having to run 4-5 generators for a single base.

the plumbing however, is different because you can chain water reservoirs that can extend the reach of the intake pipe, so it still works

the reason these were changed was for structure lag, which makes sense but it’s ridiculous that there’s no range extender for the generators

Chaining water reservoirs still messes with the amount of items you can make in the cooker. So instead of droping your cooker full with items, put kibble creation on 1000 and walk away, you have to stand there, make 10, wait for water to fill up, make 10 again, eetc, etc.

On 11/29/2023 at 6:17 AM, Laokia said:

I think instead of bringing back the old system, sprucing up the new system with more pieces/options would maybe be better. The wiring and piping was not ideal, and if aesthetics from that are something people miss then mods could likely add the look back. I don't know all the logistics, and this is just my personal opinion on this! 

For the plumbing, having a ground water "well cap" or "pump" available as a smaller aesthetic option to extend water supply systems would be nice. Instead of collecting rainwater it would tap into groundwater, giving intake water access anywhere on land also. Perhaps with a level & power requirement for balance. I've had wells in real life so this just makes sense to me. The above ground cap part is pretty small. Sorry for lack of accurate terminology.

For the electricity, perhaps some sort of transformers could be added to extend the range.  Larger pylons for larger radius and smaller ground extenders for smaller extensions perhaps. Just no sparky effects, a simple green/yellow light indicating it is powered would be much better (in my opinion anyway).

I take it they haven't hadded water wells to regular ark because base placement strategies, so have to choose: base with water and less other stuff or base with water harder to get, but closer to good mats. As for electricity, I totally agree with range extending pylons or something same-ish.