aquariusthe2nd

Suggestion

39 replies to this server topic

If anyone had seen my topic about the problem I prefer you check the first one to get some understanding, I have been speaking about the Tether problem in ASA because the limitation of the game's ability to give freedom we waited for months to get ASA now the devs gives us a big copy of the old game just with extra detail

for people just happy its released they didn't really make it much fun yes they added crossplatform support modding new features and a overhaul to the game

its really felt like a lied cost that they just made us giving money and power to the devs yet it isn't well optimised it hurts me that the DLC roadmap yet Scorched Earth was going to be released in late 2023

now Its just how the devs make this game work they just want to make it late the Tether is a horrible issue that it feels like no one can't remove it because people were trying to ask or contact Wildcard but they are just silent just using forums isnt good at all it slow its not noticable to the devs 

I just feel upset that the game is treated like a ad yet the experience is horrible full of issues errors and system malfunctions 

especially people woudnt be happy for people talking that it was loose game it will take a long time to fix it especially for people enjoying the new one

it won't  really be up to a good status they made this Tether which is unusual they can't do it yet Unreal Engine 5 has many capabilities its literally there they can't think about its really just did it like they were outdated yet they had a very good product to improve it

I bet they didn't have their heads seeing the information so how can we enjoy the tether is a big fence it has a strong limitation so much upsetting configuring for us a worthless revamp for people that now see they didn't want this now just getting to be in it is really unhappy this wouldn't be good for console players and pc please anyone inform about this.

Edited by BigSkies45

Hey Aquarius, thank you for making this topic especially creating it. Aquarius people are having the problem not just on console, but on pc platforms, people were absolutely complaining about this feature that unusually came in the release of ASA. It really feels bad just it won't fix the personal play we want for friends or people it really is horrible come back to that, you and me we need to bring this about it to the forums.

Edited by BigSkies45

(Mind you I don't own the game yet, my friend let me play it through a share play session.)

I was wondering if maybe the host barrier could be improved upon in the future. As from what I've seen and researched, it seems as if non-dedicated servers still hold that cursed host barrier. I've heard there is settings to increase the limit of it, but I could not find the setting in my time messing with the settings. Furthermore, it seems as if it isn't even an option in the Playstation version of the game. Do tell me if it is, as I haven't been able to find anything on it. Otherwise, people other than me state that the host barrier does not fluctuate even if the settings are increased or decreased, rendering the setting obsolete in the cases that I have researched. I imagine most of these complaints are on the PC version of the game though, and I can't say for certainty if that is the case or not, as I have no X-box, or PC. But, as it stands, I would like to see some improvements on the host barrier for all ports of the game. Even though I'm pretty certain this will never happen for profit reasons since we cannot host our own dedicated servers anymore, and the only way to do that is to cough up a ludicrous amount of money for a month's worth of server rental depending on the specifics of the server. I know this will probably never be addressed, but even so I sincerely hope at least something is done about it. 

Sincerely: Jade. A solo survivor.

Does anyone else have issues with the tether distance when trying to play with friends on a non dedicated server? Not everyone wants to buy a server or play on a public one. I think they should allow us to eliminate the tether distance for non dedicated servers. It would make the game way more enjoyable for those that just want to play privately with friends and family without having to worry about getting raided or their stuff stolen and be able to go wherever they want without dragging everyone with you. If anyone knows a way to do this already, please, let me know! 

So with the 2 most recent updates my tether distance modifier is just gone and when I look at the patch notes nothing says it should be gone or it was removed and I just recently convinced my friend to play which without the modifier there it kinda sucks since 180 is the base. So is this a bug or was its removal intentional?

Greetings,
first of all, I'm aware that tether distance has been "greatly" increased from 180 to 800 in a recent update. While a move in good direction, this is, however, still not nearly sufficient for good experience.

Why is limiting tether distance a bad idea?
Players using non-dedicated are usually small groups of friends who don't want to play with other people and usually don't do PVP. As such, non-dedicated is the only good option for them to play together, and that option is effectively banned by limiting the movement greatly.

Why is 800 still not enough?
This distance is about equivalent to the distance between carnivore island and mainland. As such, such a radius is simply too small to do anything unless the whole group is doing the same thing, and even then that might not be enough. Let's not forget people use different creatures, and some, like the new Gigantoraptor, can cover this distance in seconds. This forces everyone to constantly track the host to prevent tethering and making playing extremely frustrating and effectively impossible for two people to do two different things. (Building, taming, gathering, anything.) Furthermore, if the host dies and respawns, everyone will be instantly tethered to him no matter where they were or what they were doing. This alone is more frustrating than all reasons mentioned above.

Why wasn't the setting carried over as editable from ASE?
Personally I can think of only two reasons: One is that it's technically difficult given how much Ascended is harder on hardware, but that's pretty much proven incorrect by the recent increase by over quadruple. The second is that this is a move to incentivize people to rent Nitrado servers. However, remember what was said above: people using non-dedicated are mostly chill groups of friends or family and those will never purchase a dedicated server. Speaking from personal experience, all this does is making them frustrated by inability to do what they want and eventually giving up, adding to ASA's further decreasing player numbers and instead opting back for ASE's non-dedicated, where increasing tether distance works.

What is the best solution?
The best solution is obviously to reimplement the tether-distance's slider functionality, instead of hardcoding the distance. However, if this is for one reason or another impossible, I strongly suggest further increasing tether distance from 800 to 3000. This will make players be able to travel about a quarter of The island map's worth of distance around the host. That will make it possible to do different things than the host is doing and stop constantly worrying about being tethered back.

This is the message from the community to Wildcard: We want to play your game, we want to enjoy it and make great memories, so please, let us!

Ark support redirected me to here for this so I am. Despite how ridiculous it is. I'm just going to paste my grievances from my ticket that they refused to address as well as labeling them as bugs when they're actually features that I'm not able to access on console:

Questions related to playing console non-dedicated sessions:

1. Why am I unable to adjust the host tethering distance on a console and are there currently development plans to implement this feature (that PC players already have) soon? It is very frustrating that I can only go a certain default distance from the host (which isn't far) until I am pulled back and away from what I was doing. This seems like something that should've been addressed given how long the game has been out/being patched.

2. Why can I not allow friends onto my non-dedicated session without also opening up my server to random strangers online and are there currently development plans to solve this soon? I do not want random people in my game who could potentially ruin things I/my friends have built and tamed. Private match does not work and does not give the others an option to enter a password even though I had set one and a dedicated session will not allow them in either. I have even gone into my xbox privacy settings and set everything to just friends and that also did not keep random people from finding and joining my server. Again, this seems like something that should have been solved way before now.

If you are experiencing the same, I encourage you to comment SOMETHING to get the devs to actually look at this.

Tether Distance in the game does not make it fun or exciting to be happy its a horrible implementation of for a remaster they should have made this soon to remove it

but they want to put it it and ark literally has almost the same code which I strongly hate that they delayed they really need to remove this feature as possible by the way on my ps5 console it wasn't showing could they be doing it

It will not be very welcoming to the eyes of the people starting the game please share this because this is crucial to this games importantance

Edited by BigSkies45

Hello my name is BigSkies45 and I'm here to to explain about this restriction everyone hates "TETHER!" so I will discuss 

Tether distance was part of your original game that you put it to avoid performance and stop the issues for an online gaming experience this will prevent the player and the environment

So why would you add it back I mean ASA is a remaster with new capability and features that would shape its style i mean you did make Ark 2 which was heavily developed and would add so much things to it that would really glow on its self in this case you gave us a Ark 2 look alike just to see what it would when we re actually play it very soon

this isn't a good thing besides hosting a server isn't a good thing its such a horrible audacity to make a server to do it just that you can play with your friend and so you can pay monthly plus there are some people out there that want to have a enjoyment only their selves and their friends

Now, why you should remove it

1. it improves the addiction to game and its freedom which everyone would be happy for a remaster

2. people will be happy without spending of an un-offical server (cause we need the money for other things)

3. consoles deserve better not getting is locked to the awful radius

4. it will be fantastic for people to progress the island or any dlc

5. Their own installed custom maps will add more inspiration for their own activity and play through

Conclusion: just reading this for anyone or WILDCARD will understand the game had made a fanbase proud and this game will get the best spray of greatness and people will like to be hooked to what's new to come just give it the important details...

thank you for reading...

Tether Distance .jpeg

Edited by BigSkies45

How many times I had just waited for the devs to remove the thing out I can't believe its just sitting and being inconvenient I mean I literally told why to get rid off but now the devs sit there while we hating that I can't be alone and free just to play with my friends

its getting out of hand wildcard this message is literally a word that you need to improve because it will just stay keep it and people might hate it

WildCard please do this...