Turn off auto-craft just for dyes at Industrial Cooker

Traslo

Suggestion

Industrial Cookers currently have a huge issue that with auto-craft enabled, tintoberries get used for many types of dye even if there are narcotics in the industrial cooker so you can make Medical brew. If you turn off autocraft, the cooker only lets you queue 10 brews at once no matter how much of the ingredients are present.

Please let us turn off dye auto-craft in some way so we can let the machine just craft our medical brews. 

• Like 2

13 replies to this server topic

As it currently stands in ASA, the new industrial cooker and dye overhaul has, in mine and my tribes opinion, ruined brew crafting.

Example; The other day, my tribemate attempted to craft medical brews in our industrial cooker. He placed the tintoberries and narcotics in the cooker and turned it on to begin crafting. Unfortunately, no brews were made because all the tintoberries auto-crafted into red dye and used up the water in the cooker before it could make any medical brews. As such, he had to disable auto-crafting and sit there, stacking 10 medbrews at a time because the cooker can only hold 1,000 water and each recipe takes 100 to make so he cant chain more at a time.

In conclusion, i propose a few potential solutions:

1) most preferably, have a setting in the cooker ui to specifically enable/disable dye crafting, so we can make dyes and brews seperately to one-another

2) Increase the amount of water a cooker can hold at a time/increase the speed at which it refreshes [maybe having it be irrigated register as unlimited water for the purposes of chain crafting]

3) decrease the amount of water needed for recipes down to say, 10 instead of 100

Please, I don't want to have to stay with a cooker for 8 hours to make 1,000 med brews as if it were a baby giga

51 minutes ago, MalarOpossum867 said:

Don't put charcoal, gunpowder, or sparkpowder in the cooker! THAT'S what causes dye to be crafted instead!

Incorrect. The industrial cooker creates the dyes without anything like that. It just uses tintoberries and water to make its red dyes and thus wastes them.OZsuAIS.png

Edited by Traslo

Autocraft is absolutely horrible for industrial cooker! You just made the quality of life horrible for people that enjoy cooking/making brews by putting in the required materials into multiple indy cookers except now we have to stay at one cooker and spam craft which only queues up to 10! This is worse than making ARB.

• Like 1

Upvoting this suggestion. I really want to be able to autocraft consumables but any recipe that includes berries is a nightmare. 

Ideally though, move Dyes to the Pestle/Chemistry Bench (if it means removing the water ingredient and/or irrigating the Chemistry Bench).

Edited by 3mptylord