ASA FSR for AMD owners

13GLOR13

FSR, Why didn't they add FSR for AMD owners? Are there plans to add FSR in the near future? RSR doesn't work! 
Optimizing ARK Ascended for AMD is just a pain, and they also didn’t bother to do FSR. 
Optimization for Nvidia is ok, after the last patch they got better and they have DLSS. 
AMD and the patch did not help and the FSR is missing. RSR in the driver does not help at all, does not work at all. This is a $40 game.
Edited by 13GLOR13

• 13GLOR13 changed the title to ASA FSR for AMD owners

if not FSR2/3, just the unreal engine DSR upscaler would be cool, on some game has been proven to be superior to proprietary solutions, but it depends by rendering path.

in the meantime you can use FSR1 driver upscaler (renamed RSR, radeon super resolution), otherwise you can try the frame generation preview driver (this last works on rx7000 and rx6000 only so far) https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-30-afmf-tech-preview

Edited by darkradeon

2 hours ago, darkradeon said:

if not FSR2/3, just the unreal engine DSR upscaler would be cool, on some game has been proven to be superior to proprietary solutions, but it depends by rendering path.

in the meantime you can use FSR1 driver upscaler (renamed RSR, radeon super resolution), otherwise you can try the frame generation preview driver (this last works on rx7000 and rx6000 only so far) https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-30-afmf-tech-preview

Thanks, I'll try, I didn't know about this, I have an rx6750xt, I was waiting for the driver with Hyper-RX to come out

1 minute ago, 13GLOR13 said:
Thanks, I'll try, I didn't know about this, I have an rx6750xt, I was waiting for the driver with Hyper-RX to come out

they are trying to fix the frame generation - which of course is not perfect - and at same time reworing on the anti-lag+ that was triggering bans on some anti-cheat systems

34 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

they are trying to fix the frame generation - which of course is not perfect - and at same time reworing on the anti-lag+ that was triggering bans on some anti-cheat systems

This function requires disabling VSinc and there is no way to disable it in the settings. The function itself did not give me much gain (

1 hour ago, 13GLOR13 said:
This function requires disabling VSinc and there is no way to disable it in the settings. The function itself did not give me much gain (

try to forced disable v-sync in drivers

try also switching between fullscreen exclusive and fullscreen borderless in ASA, but in DX12 it's just minor semantics (about scaling with different resolution from screen), the presentation buffers work the same

Edited by darkradeon