ark server manager Can't Get gravestones etc to spawn with halloween event active via ASM !

STUL

2 hours ago, UnethicalOctopus said:

Christmas is going to be a sad time for me

My family and I are going to miss you raptor clause..

In response to this we are constructing a Christmas tree shaped co structure fillingnit with loot and barricading it till Xmas

Winter Wonderland works. I tested it 10 days ago. it's the only fully working event.

Upon closer inspection the stuff in the cooking pot was the Halloween decorations. Even though I just enabled winter wonderland event.

Probably just a case of error occurs between user and mouse in this case...

But i could swear the Halloween decors weren't there before...

It's weird to me on account of I have had fear evolved enabled all along and I swear they were not there earlier...

Edited by UnethicalOctopus

8 hours ago, MuddyArk said:

All the holidays work in ASE I have a different one running on each map so I can do them all just by teleporting to another map.

this is true only on switch version.

PC and other console versions of ASE at this moment cannot store more than 1 event settings at time. You can check in ShooterGame\Content\WorldSettingsOverrides

You will see 1 file per map on that folder (exploring the switch version instead you would see 1 folder per event and each of them containing 1 file per map)

without the worldsettingsoverrides files the assets for each event cannot be loaded and referenced in ARK, and so the event fails to run.

At this moment the current overrides contains the last winter event settings.
Turning on other events will result in missing event or just broken mechanics, like broken or infinite free crafting, no special mechanics (eg: no dodowyvern/dodorex), no special dinos. you can still turn on the events colour palettes for every event since they are coded differently and they don't need additional references in the game memory.

Edited by darkradeon

9 hours ago, darkradeon said:

this is true only on switch version.

PC and other console versions of ASE at this moment cannot store more than 1 event settings at time. You can check in ShooterGame\Content\WorldSettingsOverrides

You will see 1 file per map on that folder (exploring the switch version instead you would see 1 folder per event and each of them containing 1 file per map)

without the worldsettingsoverrides files the assets for each event cannot be loaded and referenced in ARK, and so the event fails to run.

At this moment the current overrides contains the last winter event settings.
Turning on other events will result in missing event or just broken mechanics, like broken or infinite free crafting, no special mechanics (eg: no dodowyvern/dodorex), no special dinos. you can still turn on the events colour palettes for every event since they are coded differently and they don't need additional references in the game memory.

I'm so dissapointed to hear this.
How can it be that we will not be able to fully relive nostalgy experience in a singleplayer game after so many years.

Ark devs have already released support for this game by taking the official servers offline, i feel the least they can do now is give us a full singleplayer experience.
It's silly that the option is there in the advanced menu but it's not working correctly due to missing files.

I plead the ark devs to make those event files public so we can relive old experiences in a singleplayer envoirement.

Is ark ascended going to have the same lack of support for single player experience? what are we going to do in 10 years when the ark devs stop supporting that game too? If the devs release the full singleplayer events on ark survival evolved PC then i might consider buying the next game, otherwise i feel like i'm left with an unfinished product and not in a rush to buy the next product they have in line.