Overhaul the Structure Decay System in PVE

Thornhorn7

Suggestion

I know this may be a bit difficult to balance to prevent clutter on official PVE servers, but there are two things deterring me from playing official:

1. Not being able to take an extended break (of a week or two)

2. Not being able to build with preferred materials without a reduced decay timer

My suggestion is to remove the different timers for different materials and standardise it, as well as including some sort of system for players with large amounts of structures built in a single location to have a longer decay timer.

3 replies to this server topic

Any changes to the decay timers so casual players can take a vacation?

This is major issue to me. My way around it was to have tek generators and cryofridges directly on the ground and Tek storage. That way you could be 30 days off and still retain most of youre dinos and storage.  I say most because you will still lose youre stryders.  

Another thing I dont like is the per structure decay.  You cant make a tiki bar without fear or losing the structures in 4 days.  The minimum decay timer should be at least 7 days on all structures.  

The lack of cryofridges/cryopods at launch is not helping either. Its like all they want is to have hardcore players than can be on 24/7 ... what kind of business model is this??

Edited by Herbapou