How do I move my character and tames over onto single player?

OriginalGuzzler

On PC you can you can download the server save (the 30th save will be available since the 5th), on console you can do that only renting a nitrado server (yes you have to pay for your bits!)
For PC, follow this guide carefully, single player needs some special care to make the save playable https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/2023_official_server_save_files

I need some additional assistance, please.  I downloaded a Legacy server of TheIsland to play as single player.  I put the zip in the SavedArksLocal folder and unzipped it.   Per the Wiki, I renamed the STEAMID.profilebak to STEAMID.arkprofile.  I also copied it and renamed it to LocalPlayer.arkprofile in the same folder.  I added the required bootup commands into Steam.  Whenever I start the game, it opens into my old server, but no matter what I do, it opens into a new human and creates a new character for me.  When I choose the option in the character creation menu to download a player, it is empty.  How do I get the game to open as my old online character?

13 hours ago, Prosim said:

I need some additional assistance, please.  I downloaded a Legacy server of TheIsland to play as single player.  I put the zip in the SavedArksLocal folder and unzipped it.   Per the Wiki, I renamed the STEAMID.profilebak to STEAMID.arkprofile.  I also copied it and renamed it to LocalPlayer.arkprofile in the same folder.  I added the required bootup commands into Steam.  Whenever I start the game, it opens into my old server, but no matter what I do, it opens into a new human and creates a new character for me.  When I choose the option in the character creation menu to download a player, it is empty.  How do I get the game to open as my old online character?

The profile bak isn't what you want.

You want the .arktributetribe file for your steam ID.

For Single player, you will rename it to LocalPlayer.arktribuetribe.

I did this for my download, and it worked.

1 hour ago, Askianna said:

You don't even need to do this, simply but the .ark file of the savefile into the SavedArksLocal folder and load it in the game. If your character was on that server when the snapshot was taken then you're good.

that's true for non-legacy saves. legacy saves don't use the -usestore command.

On 10/7/2023 at 7:22 AM, Prosim said:

be sure to NOT load the legacy saves with the -usestore option. If you really want the -usestore option you have first force the format conversion using the -converttostore command line argument.

Edited by darkradeon

Thank you for the responses.  I got it working!  I turned off the -usestore again, and it logged in to my old character!

A few funny notes:   1)  I do not have a .arktributetribe file associated with my steamid.  Even though I am the Admin now, I did not create the tribe.  I couldn't find the right tribe number to move to my localprofiles folder.  2) I logged in for the first time, and all the original resources inside by base returned.  That caused a lot of damage to the structures, so I will be spending a fair bit of repair time.  3)  My character and all my tames woke up with an additional 14 unused player points to assign. 

Finally, game runs great for about 10 minutes, then starts lagging down.  My server had 3987 profiles associated with it, so I am going to start wiping other tribes to get a smaller GPU memory load.

Thanks again for everyone's help.