A giant squishy rat (canariomys bravoi)

NOU123

Suggestion

Hello people of the ark forums. I am a person who likes domesticated rodents, like rats. Especially fat ones. Fat ones are funny :).

Anyways, I think we should stop obsessing over things like "my dinosaur can cure cancer!" or "my dinosaur can be a nuclear physicist when you tame it!"

This silly competition for your dino to be added into the game is pointless since pretty much every vote winner gets entirely reworked in the dossier reveal, even in looks.

On an unrelated note to that statement, you guys should vote for this rat. If you ocean lovers thought the water tames were bland, think about how few cutie patooties we have in this game. I can think of the ferox and noglin off the top of my head, but even then we have so few cute tames.

I want more cute dinosaurs!!!

Let me introduce the giant rat, otherwise known as the scientific name in the title that im not rewriting. Not only is he an adorable shoulder pet, i've also packed as much usefulness as I can into the concept, so he's not a complete waste of time. 

Realistic visualization of who you should vote for:

image.png.bdf81b16debc2b13801bab4c1803a648.png

Now lets get down to business

Like actual rats, this funky fella will scurry around the city. Hes curious but skittish, stopping to investigate survivors who pass by but fleeing if they get too close. However, if you have herbivore food like berries or kibble in your hotbar, he'll come up to you and give you the rat-equivalent of the puppy eyes while making a pleading motion with his tiny hands. If you feed him the food like he wants, he'll eat it out of his hands like a raccoon and either ask for more or walk off for a bit before coming back.

image.png.ec47fd45adc22d426af5889b43b4f709.png

Once you tame a gamer rat by this method, he becomes yours. You can have them on your shoulder, and now we get to the uses:

Like real rats, this guy never gets sick. He gets so unsick that the corruption has no effect on him, and he's even a repellent for it! If you don't wanna tame a giga or something to walk around in the big corrupted areas, just grab a rat buddy and every corrupted dino will stay far away from you at all times.

Example:

image.png.88e80f8e1b2cfe67468c9514c032a17f.png

Im kind of having writers block on the pve side of things, so if anyone who sees this has a suggestion i would definitely add it to the post.

Now for the pvp feature because im neutrally aligned and want to appeal to both sides.

Like actual rats, this guy is basically invisible in terms of stealth and doesn't get seen by turrets. You can use his option wheel to instruct him to find the nearest powered enemy generator and destroy it. He can fit through any windows or doors as long as they are open, or even hatchframes.

As long as he isnt seen by the other survivors who thought their turret wall was adequate compensation for lack of endowment, he can do what rats do best with electronic devices and chew the crap out of them, disabling the generator and rendering the enemy base largely defenseless.

image.png.a5a93f6aa5454090b539d0a1aa69fd25.png

Due to the fact that it is the middle of the night and i'm out of ideas for now along with the fact that i have exceeded the file size limit, i will leave this submission as is until further notice. pls vote :3

6 replies to this server topic

On 9/2/2023 at 5:04 AM, NOU123 said:

Hello people of the ark forums. I am a person who likes domesticated rodents, like rats. Especially fat ones. Fat ones are funny :).

Anyways, I think we should stop obsessing over things like "my dinosaur can cure cancer!" or "my dinosaur can be a nuclear physicist when you tame it!"

This silly competition for your dino to be added into the game is pointless since pretty much every vote winner gets entirely reworked in the dossier reveal, even in looks.

On an unrelated note to that statement, you guys should vote for this rat. If you ocean lovers thought the water tames were bland, think about how few cutie patooties we have in this game. I can think of the ferox and noglin off the top of my head, but even then we have so few cute tames.

I want more cute dinosaurs!!!

Let me introduce the giant rat, otherwise known as the scientific name in the title that im not rewriting. Not only is he an adorable shoulder pet, i've also packed as much usefulness as I can into the concept, so he's not a complete waste of time. 

Realistic visualization of who you should vote for:

image.png.bdf81b16debc2b13801bab4c1803a648.png

Now lets get down to business

Like actual rats, this funky fella will scurry around the city. Hes curious but skittish, stopping to investigate survivors who pass by but fleeing if they get too close. However, if you have herbivore food like berries or kibble in your hotbar, he'll come up to you and give you the rat-equivalent of the puppy eyes while making a pleading motion with his tiny hands. If you feed him the food like he wants, he'll eat it out of his hands like a raccoon and either ask for more or walk off for a bit before coming back.

image.png.ec47fd45adc22d426af5889b43b4f709.png

Once you tame a gamer rat by this method, he becomes yours. You can have them on your shoulder, and now we get to the uses:

Like real rats, this guy never gets sick. He gets so unsick that the corruption has no effect on him, and he's even a repellent for it! If you don't wanna tame a giga or something to walk around in the big corrupted areas, just grab a rat buddy and every corrupted dino will stay far away from you at all times.

Example:

image.png.88e80f8e1b2cfe67468c9514c032a17f.png

Im kind of having writers block on the pve side of things, so if anyone who sees this has a suggestion i would definitely add it to the post.

Now for the pvp feature because im neutrally aligned and want to appeal to both sides.

Like actual rats, this guy is basically invisible in terms of stealth and doesn't get seen by turrets. You can use his option wheel to instruct him to find the nearest powered enemy generator and destroy it. He can fit through any windows or doors as long as they are open, or even hatchframes.

As long as he isnt seen by the other survivors who thought their turret wall was adequate compensation for lack of endowment, he can do what rats do best with electronic devices and chew the crap out of them, disabling the generator and rendering the enemy base largely defenseless.

image.png.a5a93f6aa5454090b539d0a1aa69fd25.png

Due to the fact that it is the middle of the night and i'm out of ideas for now along with the fact that i have exceeded the file size limit, i will leave this submission as is until further notice. pls vote :3

Cool take my vote😂😄