Gigantophis: The Adapted Constrictor Returns to Earth

LadyMiko

Suggestion

Contents~

1. Artwork and General Vibes

2. Dossier

3. Taming

4. Abilities

H346bUTUCtSKa26oOx2NBAVY0ikdl9aswoPjNEEWgXfQU2XHUyPzeduU4oVlFoHRhfZjEmpVLUNGeYv5LjBTPgXiIn6gD4jSJLnTcHUXvQ3b2CeIlOLSg-WORKuR9Aql3oKFoUIX6_U1F7l3hp3z7OE

Gigantophis returns from the Scorched Earth vote as an element corrupted variant, taking some suggestions from the previous version to adapt and improve this serpent.

So what is Gigantophis? Gigantophis was a sea snake, known for being the most popular of this odd type of serpent. However, having adapted from the Earth’s dried up oceans, this version of the animal, much like the scorched, takes inspiration from constrictor snakes but unlike the rattlesnakes and boas of the scorched variant, this takes inspiration from the semi aquatic anaconda aswell as proper sea snakes.

Dossier:

It's amazing how a creature like Gigantophis otiosum could survive in the dry and desolate climate, but this giant snake somehow found a way. Gigantophis can be found lazing around in sulfur fields, where they wait for dim-witted prey to come wandering into their distendable jaws. When aggravated, Gigantophis will inflate their bodies, causing the large scales on their backs to stand as an early warning sign. Should this be ignored, however, a Gigantophis will lunge at the aggressor and wrap itself around them. You wouldn't want to be crushed by a snake longer than a bloody Rex, so I'd suggest staying clear of these beasts as much as you can 

I have an idea on how to tame these things, but it will take guts to pull off: Basically, I'm thinking a survivor could sacrifice a creature filled with food items to the Gigantophis, and gain its trust by proxy. I am fairly certain this will work, though the rational being in me is unwilling to try it out. Besides, close shaves with basilisks have made me deathly afraid of snakes!

Abilities:

Left Click- A basic bite attack, inflicting Gigantophis’s bleed if repeated bites are landed

Right click- Gigantophis wraps around a target and begins to choke them to death and drain their oxygen

Space- The beast coils up with head raised and its wide mouth open, when released gigantophis launches forward to a targeted location to swallow smaller creatures and damage larger ones

Ctrl- The snake lies down on the ground and opens its gaping maw, beginning to vacuum up anything smaller than it into its mouth

C- After eating enough, gigantophis will regurgitate burning bile in front of it to melt targets

Gluttonous- After eating a certain amount of fertilized eggs, Gigantophis becomes engorged and can now constrict faster

• Like 4

38 replies to this server topic

Imagine if it grabs tame's like the gen 2 flytrap plants and you have a window of opportunity to pry it from your tame before it kills it and if you fail you get to watch it slowly exhale your beloved creature. The high the tier creature (AKA high lvl/time it takes to tame said creature) the more time you get to safe it. This could work with a simple health bar that depletes over time n the wild Gigantophis becomes immune to all damaged like the gen 1 mega variants do once you get thier health low enough. Maybe an idea. Maybe a dream ️. Ethier this would be in my top 3 just because we need a constrictor in ark. I luv how deadly snakes make the swams n basilisk make abberation. 

Edited by Cockneysaywaa