First off nice job on the creature! It looks very cool and I like the concept. Definitely suits extinction.

I would like to suggest a secondary effect of the normal crest slash that I think would give the darwinopterus a lot of utility in a support role. While the ability to use corrupted modules to boost its power is useful on extinction, I think it can benefit further from using something that can be found on other maps as well. 

When it has element dust in its inventory, it’s crest is also charged by element. The crest slash inflicts a new debuff called “elemental affliction.” While the target has elemental affliction, it will take increased damage from all tek weapons including tek grenades, missile, tek saddles, tek rifle, the gun from a mek, etc. if the target is using a tek saddle then the saddle will be unable to fire its tek weapon for the duration of the debuff. I think 30% added extra damage is appropriate, sufficient enough to add value but not too much. This also has some pve use as the debuff on the king Titan would make it take 30% extra damage from the mega meks blasts or could help your mek do extra damage against corrupted creatures!

Elemental affliction lasts about 15 seconds but it has a cooldown so it can’t be spammed. In addition inflicting elemental affliction also costs an entire stack of 1,000 dust so be tactical in its application or you could run through element very quickly! The crest can be charged with both nodules and dust should the creature have both in its inventory so the debuff is an added effect of the crest slash’s higher damage while charged with nodules. The fact that it has a cooldown, costs a full stack of dust (which is heavy) and that the darwinopterus has to come into melee range to inflict it despite its frail build should make it sufficiently balanced. 

I hope you consider my suggestions as it would give the creature versatility and a niche ability to either buff or counter tek saddles/weapons and meks which are staples of extinction.

Good luck to you and the darwinopterus!  

Edited by ElPINGUcubano94
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZCI5250 said:

ya puede deslizarse como el grifo y desmodus, no agregaré girar en el acto porque eso entra en conflicto con la tapejara

Saludos ZCI, Cuando tengas tiempo lee la sugerencia que presenté porfa. Creo que daría mas utilidad Al darwinopterus en otros mapas. Mencionaste RRG por su influencia y yo le hice una sugerencia en su Yi Qi  por aberration y despues de hacer los cambios el Yi Qi recibió aun mas votos y al final gano. Espero que pueda ayudar tu criatura ganar! 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:13 PM, Aci said:

While it's a nice concept, I do think it looks way too similar to a tropeognathus..

yeah its pretty inevitable, though i did do my best to give the darwin a unique silhouette. Theyre both pterosaurs, so the connection to others isnt really unexpected. However, some differences i can point out are that it has a longer tail, being the only rideable pterosaur so far with a long tail, it has a wonky crest, and it has the silly foot wings. Do reach out if you have any other feedback, id be glad to hear it!!

• ZCI5250 changed the title to Darwinopterus acuticornus: the Corruption's Chaotic Vessel