11 minutes ago, jordanqv said:

This is great, my favorite, but i imagine people would associate it to the shadowmane. I hope people vote for It. It looks incredible with the corruption. The ability of creating weak points is what for me make it fit great on extinction. It would works great with the titans bitting them on the feet so other creatures can attack there.

Thank you so much! You're right, but I think they can both stand out in different areas, one being more intelligent and cooperative and the other stronger and ferocious.
And really thanks for the words, it's good to know that weak points can be useful in Extinction as I had thought. ^^

2 hours ago, DrawolfKnight said:

Thank you very much for the support and words! You are right regarding the enormous similarity of name with the current Thylacoleo, I hope these days to get to give it a nickname that gives it more personality. I'm glad you liked the passive.😄

As far as having 2 versions and only being able to ride one of them, I think it can add variety to the current gameplay. Having a smart and powerful creature but not being able to ride it helps the player think about how it can be useful. Have some control and at the same time explore new methods.

Thanks again for the words and I wish you good luck with your amazing suggestion, I'll stop by in a bit to see more about it.💙

I LOVED this approach actually of having a rideable big version and a pack of non-rideable support!!! I had made a similar suggestion in a server where someone had asked for ideas on their hyenadon creature. I'd thought what if it could command the hyenadon we have to give them another use since larger number of smaller creatures all swarming a bigger animal can tear it to shreds fast but people tend to ignore that which can't be ridden. Or had thought for a psittacosaurus what if a herd could follow with saddle bags like hyenadon meat packs but maybe one you could carry with a shoulder pet to bolster the others. 

I really like the mix. Because there's a lot of lovely non-rideable animals that could be useful. So having one alpha we CAN ride and command an army of the smaller sounds soooooooo fun and it fits right into the strategy I prefer. I like a lot of smaller/medium dexterity type animals that are tough enough but also maneuverable compared to big chonky hard hitters. So I'm completely in love with this tactic! So glad you chose this route and if it were to win I'd REALLY hope WC would keep it! It's unique and fun!!!

4 hours ago, AmanaTishala said:

I LOVED this approach actually of having a rideable big version and a pack of non-rideable support!!! I had made a similar suggestion in a server where someone had asked for ideas on their hyenadon creature. I'd thought what if it could command the hyenadon we have to give them another use since larger number of smaller creatures all swarming a bigger animal can tear it to shreds fast but people tend to ignore that which can't be ridden. Or had thought for a psittacosaurus what if a herd could follow with saddle bags like hyenadon meat packs but maybe one you could carry with a shoulder pet to bolster the others. 

I really like the mix. Because there's a lot of lovely non-rideable animals that could be useful. So having one alpha we CAN ride and command an army of the smaller sounds soooooooo fun and it fits right into the strategy I prefer. I like a lot of smaller/medium dexterity type animals that are tough enough but also maneuverable compared to big chonky hard hitters. So I'm completely in love with this tactic! So glad you chose this route and if it were to win I'd REALLY hope WC would keep it! It's unique and fun!!!

Thanks! I'm really glad to know that this idea of not riding is something that can bring variety to what is already known, that gameplay of commanding an army of creatures is something that can be used in many scenarios. Let's hope and this evolves in the best way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrawolfKnight said:

Thanks! I'm really glad to know that this idea of not riding is something that can bring variety to what is already known, that gameplay of commanding an army of creatures is something that can be used in many scenarios. Let's hope and this evolves in the best way.

I hope so! I like to play my character as a "beast queen" warrior lady and so this tactic sounds soooooo much fun for me! Especially with the resource raids in Extinction. To be on the alpha and have a pack of the "underlings" protecting against and help fight off the swarms of corrupted creatures sounds like a blast!!!! I'll ALWAYS take a more medium sized damage dealer over massive and lumbering end game beasties! 

Besides, this tactic of "riding one and commanding the others to attack" is basically every boss fight strategy so why not have it in main gameplay too! I love it!!!! I'm sure it'll be a hard sell for others but I'm all aboard!!!! 

Im a fan of the idea it seeks out weak points, biding it's time. I think it's a more interesting system than just adding some flat damage or melee modifier to species name here. Actually adds a bit more engagement than other methods of combat.
The reparing aspect is interesting as well. Repairing higher quality equipment is certainly awful with some of the insane resource requirements, so having another use for element in this way is welcome.

21 hours ago, AmanaTishala said:

I hope so! I like to play my character as a "beast queen" warrior lady and so this tactic sounds soooooo much fun for me! Especially with the resource raids in Extinction. To be on the alpha and have a pack of the "underlings" protecting against and help fight off the swarms of corrupted creatures sounds like a blast!!!! I'll ALWAYS take a more medium sized damage dealer over massive and lumbering end game beasties! 

Besides, this tactic of "riding one and commanding the others to attack" is basically every boss fight strategy so why not have it in main gameplay too! I love it!!!! I'm sure it'll be a hard sell for others but I'm all aboard!!!! 

Yeah, in general the OSD and the corrupted creatures on the map are a great challenge for the player. You always have to be aware of the terrain. I think that commanding a horde of creatures in a more tactical way can be a new way of playing.

• Like 1

• DrawolfKnight changed the title to Thylacosmilus atrox the strategist