Suggestion

ZomboMeme_39462.jpg
Forgot to mention it but all art was done by Sophocles

Common Name : Tylosaurus
Species : Tylosaurus necrodon
Time : Late Cretaceous
Diet : Carnivorous 
Temperament : Aggressive

Wild: Until recently I thought I had seen all the oceans of the ark had to offer. That was before I came across Tylosaurus necrodon. While in real life Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus were near the same size and rivals, the Tylosaurus of the ark seems to have taken a different approach to things. It is significantly smaller and has a body plan more suited for speed rather than the mosasaurs' brutish size and strength. I have also found some evidence that Tylosaurus seems to have some sort of venom which could be attributed to its close relation to modern day monitor lizards and snakes.

Domesticated: A tamed Tylosaurus is a necessity for any survivors who plan to venture into the depths of the arks oceans. Its sturdy slender body makes it the perfect candidate for a primitive submarine saddle. I've also seen some tribes collect Tylosaurus venom to use as a substitute for narcotics when taming creatures. 

Taming: To tame a Tylosaurus you must show it you are able to handle its speed. It'd be very similar to how you tame Equus and Andrewsarchus where you have to feed it a certain item then wrestle it in a rodeo scenario.

Submarine: The Tylosaurus would have an industrial looking saddle similar to the Andrewsarchus’s. It would fully surround the survivor and provide oxygen that can be replenished by surfacing or beaching the tylo. The saddle would also have 2 propellers that can be powered by gasoline which would allow the tylo to increase its speed even more and build up to a ram attack. 

Venom Tylo’s primary attack will increase Stamina drain, and cause torpor gain based on how much they move and burn Stamina. However the real use of it comes with taming other creatures. Survivors will be able to collect venom and use it as an narcotic version of sanguine elixir where it will automatically fill half of the target's torpor bar. It only works on creatures already knocked out though. Alternatively you can use the venom to make a special type of dart that has the same effects of tylo’s primary bite(stamina drain/torpor gain based on how much they move and burn Stamina) which would be especially useful against flyers.

Raming: In real life Tylosaurus was thought to use its blunt shaped head as a ram to ambush and stun its prey. In game you will be able to charge a strong ram attack while using its saddle's propellers. The more momentum the tylo picks up the more damage the charge does.

Stuns: The rubber in the saddle cancels out all stuns from eels and jelly fish. However and unsaddled tylo will still be vulnerable to stuns.

General Things to Clarify: Ive seen some people comment about a few things so i just wanna add a couple of ideas here that i may have forgotten to add in the main submission. Firstly the saddle will allow you to breach the surface of the water. Also in case you end up landing on land tylo will be able to beach itself and return to the water in a similar vein as modern day orcas. 

This art is just concept stuff and i imagine the ingame tylo to be more around basi size. Also i imagine the saddle to be more of a sleep capsule type thing.
ie_0VI8kmRj5CViNA-oiveJ26VTEqaNB4IlwfXlVS_lgQzAIXEESmp-5oSl7YrYSm3bdfoLqF4ZaaSw_sicp8ovK9dl6mDFu64n6ar_Fe-GMa-YPXRyy6LA-FgOnSbP_OVO6McjOYwmHheszUcMRS3w

Edited by Hatcheri

32 replies to this server topic

17 hours ago, FlashGuard said:

give it the ability to not be absolutely wrecked by jellyfish and eels. Then you have yourself a vote

The Cnidaria really needs adjusting, even just a gap between stuns to allow you to get away from individual/pairs of them (but leaving a larger group still as a threat) would be enough. In it's current state this immunity is basically required for any new aquatic addition to get any attention at all, and it's really sad as it kills the diversity of submissions a bit :/

Eyy he’s back! Let’s go tylo!

I like the idea of the ram attack, it gives versatility to the creature. It should be fleshed out more though, here’s an idea. In addition to good damage The ram should do a stun for 5 seconds and considerable knock back depending on the drag weight of the creature hit, the higher the drag weight of the creature the less it gets knocked back. this also dismounts any rider from the creature. There’s a cooldown of 20 seconds before it can be used again 

Love the idea of the bite inflicting a torpor increase and stamina drain, the more the creature moves or uses stamina the faster it’s stamina decreases and torpor increases. The effect of the bite should last about 30 seconds before there’s a short cooldown before it can be inflicted again.

Here’s to bringing Tylosaurus to the Center!

Edited by ElPINGUcubano94

On 8/4/2023 at 8:22 PM, Hatcheri said:

ZomboMeme_39462.jpg

Wild: Until recently I thought I had seen all the oceans of the ark had to offer. That was before I came across Tylosaurus necrodon. While in real life Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus were near the same size and rivals, the Tylosaurus of the ark seems to have taken a different approach to things. It is significantly smaller and has a body plan more suited for speed rather than the mosasaurs' brutish size and strength. I have also found some evidence that Tylosaurus seems to have some sort of venom which could be attributed to its close relation to modern day monitor lizards and snakes.

Domesticated: A tamed Tylosaurus is a necessity for any survivors who plan to venture into the depths of the arks oceans. Its sturdy slender body makes it the perfect candidate for a primitive submarine saddle. I've also seen some tribes collect Tylosaurus venom to use as a substitute for narcotics when taming creatures. 

Taming: To tame a Tylosaurus you must show it you are able to handle its speed. It'd be very similar to how you tame Equus and Andrewsarchus where you have to feed it a certain item then wrestle it in a rodeo scenario.

Submarine: The Tylosaurus would have an industrial looking saddle similar to the Andrewsarchus’s. It would fully surround the survivor and provide oxygen that can be replenished by surfacing or beaching the tylo. The saddle would also have 2 propellers that can be powered by gasoline which would allow the tylo to increase its speed even more and build up to a ram attack. 

Venom Tylo’s primary attack will increase Stamina drain, and cause torpor gain based on how much they move and burn Stamina. However the real use of it comes with taming other creatures. Survivors will be able to collect venom and use it as an narcotic version of sanguine elixir where it will automatically fill half of the target's torpor bar. It only works on creatures already knocked out though. Alternatively you can use the venom to make a special type of dart that has the same effects of tylo’s primary bite(stamina drain/torpor gain based on how much they move and burn Stamina) which would be especially useful against flyers.

Raming: In real life Tylosaurus was thought to use its blunt shaped head as a ram to ambush and stun its prey. In game you will be able to charge a strong ram attack while using its saddle's propellers. The more momentum the tylo picks up the more damage the charge does.

Stuns: The rubber in the saddle cancels out all stuns from eels and jelly fish. However and unsaddled tylo will still be vulnerable to stuns.

This art is just concept stuff and i imagine the ingame tylo to be more around basi size. Also i imagine the saddle to be more of a sleep capsule type thing.
ie_0VI8kmRj5CViNA-oiveJ26VTEqaNB4IlwfXlVS_lgQzAIXEESmp-5oSl7YrYSm3bdfoLqF4ZaaSw_sicp8ovK9dl6mDFu64n6ar_Fe-GMa-YPXRyy6LA-FgOnSbP_OVO6McjOYwmHheszUcMRS3w

I've always wanted Tylosaurus in the game. I'm really hoping this makes it into the top 10.

On 8/5/2023 at 2:22 AM, Hatcheri said:

ZomboMeme_39462.jpg

On 8/4/2023 at 10:17 PM, ElPINGUcubano94 said:

Eyy he’s back! Let’s go tylo!

I like the idea of the ram attack, it gives versatility to the creature. It should be fleshed out more though, here’s an idea. In addition to good damage The ram should do a stun for 5 seconds and considerable knock back depending on the drag weight of the creature hit, the higher the drag weight of the creature the less it gets knocked back. this also dismounts any rider from the creature. There’s a cooldown of 20 seconds before it can be used again 

Love the idea of the bite inflicting a torpor increase and stamina drain, the more the creature moves or uses stamina the faster it’s stamina decreases and torpor increases. The effect of the bite should last about 30 seconds before there’s a short cooldown before it can be inflicted again.

Here’s to bringing Tylosaurus to the Center!

If the ram attack can make the Tylo leap out of the water if there isn't any target while aimed at the surface, I'm gonna vote for this. I need my free willy moment!

3 minutes ago, ThatWAFFLEGuy49 said:

If the ram attack can make the Tylo leap out of the water if there isn't any target while aimed at the surface, I'm gonna vote for this. I need my free willy moment!

It is able to breach with the saddle yes. I forgot to add that bit to the main submission so i added a little TLDR at the bottom.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 0cto said:

To be frank i'm not a big fan of the art. loks a lot like the Mosasaurus 

I mean tylosaurus is a really close relative of mosasaurus so ofc its bound to look similar. But in regards to the tylo art it looks pretty different to the ingame mosa. Also i mean carchar irl looks the exact same as giga but ingame they look really different so i wouldnt exactly worry about that.  But if your not a fan then your not a fan and thats fair.

Behemoth Mosasaur - ARK Official Community WikiZomboMeme_39462.jpg