Shastasaurus: Giant marine reptile Leviathan with submarine saddle

The idea is ok but I have critique...I see flaws in design with the saddle (which is the main reason everyone likes it). There will be lots of tail clipping through the saddle if the animations are not precise. Also, this will probably not be very accessible. It seems like it would be an end game tame. If it is meant to help deliver the idea of underwater bases its probably going to but the actual bases need to be maintained and powered. Element on this map is not readily obtainable so unless it is powered by gas or something...this is just a gimmick that will lose its luster for many.

5 minutes ago, Somes said:

The idea is ok but I have critique...I see flaws in design with the saddle (which is the main reason everyone likes it). There will be lots of tail clipping through the saddle if the animations are not precise. Also, this will probably not be very accessible. It seems like it would be an end game tame. If it is meant to help deliver the idea of underwater bases its probably going to but the actual bases need to be maintained and powered. Element on this map is not readily obtainable so unless it is powered by gas or something...this is just a gimmick that will lose its luster for many.

You don't need to power the saddle dude this isn't a tek saddle or even a gas powered saddle it just works automatically sort of like the Andrewsarcus saddle. for the tail clipping that's not really down to me that's down to how wildcard make the creature and even then if they go off the design in my post for the saddle then the tail clipping won't even be much of an issue since it's so far from the sub saddle. 

On 8/5/2023 at 10:46 AM, Dpooly69 said:

You don't need to power the saddle dude this isn't a tek saddle or even a gas powered saddle it just works automatically sort of like the Andrewsarcus saddle. for the tail clipping that's not really down to me that's down to how wildcard make the creature and even then if they go off the design in my post for the saddle then the tail clipping won't even be much of an issue since it's so far from the sub saddle. 

So it is basically a platform saddle with a sub on it? It looks very tek-like so I assumed it would need power for air generation and power to operate the weapons. 
Its stated that its buildable but if there is a harpoon mount that rises will that not take lots of the room to build? 

I would suggest perhaps having multiple saddle types or make some changes to context. I would find it mentally difficult for the Devs to make a saddle like this without some sort of fuel or power source for all of these features. 
While the weapons are nice, I think that leaving the shuttle as a blank slate with nothing attached is more appealing. I do like the periscope idea and rather a placed harpoon atop than built in. I like customizable better than prefab.

Edited by Somes

Just now, Somes said:

So it is basically a platform saddle with a sub on it? It looks very tek-like so I assumed it would need power for air generation and power to operate the weapons. 
Its stated that its buildable but if there is a harpoon mount that rises will that not take lots of the room to build? 

I would suggest perhaps having multiple saddle types or make some changes to context. I would find it difficult for the Devs to make a saddle like this without some sort of fuel or power source for all of these features. 
While the weapons are nice, I think that leaving the shuttle as a blank slate with nothing attached is more appealing. I do like the periscope idea and rather a placed harpoon atop than built in. I like customizable better than prefab.

The harpoons only come out when the shasta surfaces then the sub dome disappears and the harpoon guns come out and they won't really take up a large amount of space. As for the idea to make the saddle more customisable I went this route with it because we don't really have a transforming saddle with different modes in the game yet and It's been something that i've really wanted to see personally and I did my best to incorporate it into the shasta plus I think making mutiple saddles or more customisation options for a singular saddle would take more effort for the devs compared to one saddle with 2 modes honestly cause they'd then have to make multiple models, work on the dino model with the different saddles etc so I figured this would be the best approach to go. you're right about making some changes to context though I probably should be more clear in my post