Ark still runs on 358.7

Hi,

I was trying to play on a server, but couldn't find it. I think that the problem is, that my game is still running on 358.7, though the newest patch is 358.10. Normaly it should update automatically to the newest patch, but I there aren't any updates available on steam. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling ark but it didn't help.

58 minutes ago, dragontortoise23 said:

I was trying to play on a server, but couldn't find it. I think that the problem is, that my game is still running on 358.7, though the newest patch is 358.10. Normaly it should update automatically to the newest patch, but I there aren't any updates available on steam. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling ark but it didn't help.

It happens quite frequently that the server and client have slightly different versions.

1) If you were looking for an Official server it was probably down (either being updated or having some other problem).

2) Or... If you were looking for an Unofficial/Private server did you check to make sure that all mods were on the same version? If your client get a mod update before the server does, or vice versa, then the server won't show up when you search for it in-game.

7 hours ago, dragontortoise23 said:

I wanted to play on an official server and it couldn't have been down, because the people I was playing with were on the server at that time. I was generally missing many servers they said were there and I could only find about 30 servers in total

Were the other people using the same version of the client you were using?

If they're using the same client version that you are, and they're able to log on, then that would tell you that the client version is not a problem. Or, if they have a different version on their client then that would tell you that your computer wasn't updating properly for some reason.

When your client version and the server version are different, that does not automatically mean there's a problem. As mentioned before, it's quite frequent that client and server versions are different, that's pretty normal. What you need to find out whether your client is different from the other players, that's how you will know what the next step should be in your trouble shooting.