Transponder Node / Trackers questions. Does it still buggy or I misunderstand it

Hoshiko

Hello, 

Do the Transponder Node / trackers can track our dinos and wild dinos ? Because i did try it, the node don't attach to my dino. 

I would like to get the new Rhyniognatha and track also Quetzal or Tapajera HL if i need but if it's on tamed dino only it's don't worth it too much.

At mid game, you can produce your dino and they are quite safe inside. Only fliers can fly away and then need a tracker.

Also there are some report of a bug and i have a dedicated server to manage, i quote the wiki :

• May disappear from creatures on Xbox one/PC/PS4 and the Transponder Tracker will not pick up a signal from the creature on which it was placed. This can result in loss of materials on any of these platforms. Use at your own risk. On locally hosted saves, this appears to happen when the save is loaded, however it is not guaranteed to happen.
  • *It can also crash your game upon use, requiring a fresh new save to fix the crashing on use. Use at your own risk.

If it still a risk for the game, i won't use it on a server with other peoples, having hours of roll back from a daily backup save.

2 hours ago, Hoshiko said:

and wild dinos ?

No, they have never worked on wild dinos.

2 hours ago, Hoshiko said:

...our dinos...

Also there are some report of a bug and i have a dedicated server to manage, i quote the wiki :

If it still a risk for the game, i won't use it on a server with other peoples, having hours of roll back from a daily backup save.

The transponders are still very buggy, they're not safe to use.

Since you run a dedicated server there are mods that actually work which will let you track and/or find dinos.

On my server we use the mod simply called "Dino Tracker", MOD ID = 924933745

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

No, they have never worked on wild dinos.

The transponders are still very buggy, they're not safe to use.

Since you run a dedicated server there are mods that actually work which will let you track and/or find dinos.

On my server we use the mod simply called "Dino Tracker", MOD ID = 924933745

I will look at it :) thanks for the tip ! Do you know how to block the tracker engram to prevent people to use ?

Edited by Hoshiko

23 hours ago, Hoshiko said:

I will look at it :) thanks for the tip ! Do you know how to block the tracker engram to prevent people to use ?

For that specific mod, I don't think you can. You can enable or disable various features, but any configuration changes you make will apply equally to everyone on the server.