Include an interactive in-game tutorial ASA.

OFR0591

Suggestion

I have started playing with friends who have come into contact with Ark Survival Evolved for the first time and have realized the importance of an interactive in-game tutorial, many of them found it impossible to progress in the early game, because there is no a basic interactive survival or taming guide that allows them to get an idea of how the game works.

3 replies to this server topic

I remember when i first got this game, by myself, on a legacy server, thoroughly confused on how to tame dinos

Survival is pretty self explanatory, but the taming and breeding aspects are largely not so. a way to teach these to newer players is definitely something the playerbase could benefit from. That and the achievement system is.... subpar. It could be better to give out significantly more of them for more common tasks and contain hints towards the next achieve on each or something.

A more in-depth description on items and what they might have uses for, along with smaller achievements that then give hints towards bigger tasks, and maybe a way to get ahold of dossiers easier along with maybe a dossier rewrite to include a stronger hint or even outright describing the taming method? or maybe an additional explorer note section thats the survivors own notes, that get written down every time a player tames a new creature and describes how the taming mechanic works.

obviously these are just ideas and some may be poorer than others. but on one hand you dont want to completely take out the learn and grow on ur own aspect, but on the other, newer players need a bit more direction on how the game works than older players do. not everyone has someone else to let them know how to play.