Question about creature submissions

Ciaba

Hello, I have one question...

I made a creature for aberration, the torvosaurus, but he got completely ignored. Can anyone tell me if there is some way to promote your own creature submission? Is it important to submit a creature as soon as it is possible? I submitted the torvosaurus late, maybe it got ignored for that. Does every creature submitted benefits from followers of an influencer? Like for example, the owl, the spiders, the koolasuchus and so on... All the candidates for new dino on aberration, are all of these promoted by ark YouTubers? 

In conclusion I am asking: what did I do wrong in submitting my torvosaurus? Was I late? Do I miss a fan base? Or what?

I have some ideas for Valguero and Extinction, so if it is a "being late" problem I may be quicker for the next time, while if it is a "fanbase" problem I surely won't fix it 😅😅 thanks for replying to me!

• Volunteer Moderator

Generally the earlier you get your submission in the better it will do, but whether you have a following will also help. It's not just youtubers that promote creatures though, people share their submissions on social media like Twitter, Discord, Facebook etc.

If people submit a creature on the forum and do no promotion whatsoever then it is likely not going to get very far unless it is insanely good.

Edited by GP

Thank you GP, I see you on twitter and I understand. Unfortunately I am only an ark player, I don't own a youtube channel, I am nobody around twitter, Instagram, tik tok or anything... And my friends don't play ark so much. If you are curious, I would suggest to have a look at my "torvosaurus" announcement... Just to discover it 🤣🤣 in a few words, it is a "megalo support" or "strong fighting dino" designed to live in surface on aberration (that place offer too few things to do in my opinion), it has an innovative taming where you should complete a first task and then let him kill a baby reaper inside you (this works by an animation, like being impregnated). It also has some other abilities... I think that it was good 😅

Thanks for the advice, maybe I will prepare something for Valguero/Extinction, but probably I can't modify the Torvosaurus... It was tough to invent a dino who could support megalos to make them playable at day time, and his taming that is all about surface reaper kings and baby reapers is just unique.