Majungasaurus The trickiest Chameleon (UPDATED)

Elrad

Suggestion

I decided to make the Majungosaurus, from the other submission..but tweak it for aberration. LORE: These curious creatures inhabit the subterranean world Aberration, which caused a very unique evolution. Unlike their ancestors, The Majungasaurus has evolved not only camouflage, but bioluminescence, often glowing to communicate, or scare other creatures, even their own kind. Their tails are long and prehensile, used for wiping, or cutting with the sharp spines that decorate their tails. Beware, as those spines can make you question what’s real…and what’s not. 

Basically, it’ll have all its previous abilities, the skin shedding, camouflage, and stat reading. But I decided to give it venom, and bioluminescence…cause why not? I also thought giving them semi retractable teeth would be a nice touch. They would have evolved the chameleon like eyes, but be able to crawl like them to, using the element of surprise, and being able to change color, scale walls, and have a long tongue, and even mimic patterns. Their prehensile tails are covered in glowing venom, causing pain, hallucinations, and Paralysis. The teeth…more acidic in nature. Despite this, they have been known to be very curious, often not attacking unless they are attacked first….or if they’re hunting.

BEHAVIOR : While they do share the same cannibalistic nature as their ancestors, this particular species do hunt in pairs, trios, or even packs of four, not eating each other unless one of them falls in battle. Or if it is an outsider not apart of the pack. They are found near the caverns of this sunken ecosystem, or in the fertile zones, and swamps. The Majungasaurus are a naturally curious species, often observing humans, or small animals while camouflaged, which triggers the feeling of being watched. They also like to use their unusually long tongues to swipe items when a survivors back is turned. This is all for either fun, or assessing weaknesses for prey, depending on its mood, and it will return said items. They are also known to shed, and leave their skin around their territories, permitting anyone to take them.

Appearance:As I have mentioned before, their evolution has drastically changed their appearance such as their eyes. They now mimic the appearance of a chameleon, and can be moved in several directions and motions, and even zooming in and out at will. Their arms have also gotten larger, stronger, and a little bit longer, mainly used for grabbing, scratching loose skin, or even crawling on all fours like a giant chameleon. They have also evolved a form of bioluminescence, glowing blue, purple, green, red, orange, yellow, even green, used both for camouflage, and warning signals to both their own kind, and other creatures. They can also be used as a bright charge light to blind and scare away reapers and Nameless alike. Their mouths also glow as well. Their tails are long and prehensile, and covered in glowing, venom coated spines.

ABILITIES: Stat reader: Their eyes have a function to see stats on the creatures around it, being able to zoom in and out, and even see the health and torpor of the creature.

Edit: wall Crawling has been removed.

Color changes: used for blending in to their surroundings for cover. If the creature is hit hard enough, it will cause their color to change, giving it away. Continued bashing will force the Majungasaurus to change color repeatedly. However, it cannot turn completely invisible like the rock drake. If charge light is shined on a Majungasaurus it’s pattern will disrupt and change, revealing the culprit instantly.

Headbutt: Used for sending raptors, Nameless and other small creatures flying.

Long Tongue: Used for grabbing, and sticking. tipped with venomous spikes.

Tail: Used for shooting quills, or wrapping around something or someone.

Bite: Standard bite.

Acid bite: Used for venom, or breaking down armor.

To tame: either feed it a dead Majungasaurus, or give it certain items it can play with. This is still a work and progress, but I am open to suggestions…plz. Also…maybe a dossier, if it isn’t too much trouble 😅   Link for my other Dino, Pyroraptor:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/jurassic-world-mattel-majungasaurus-by-freakyraptor-on-deviantart--781867185302360125/

image.jpeg.6e5aad08da911a1b305b4eab4bfeeecb.jpeg
image.jpeg.13221b7a588baa8b87f3e7614992a4f2.jpegThis is what inspired me.

Edited by Elrad

21 replies to this server topic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-REmuas49NwmzWTII8Sz5dc8gVs5gwCD38QnXdF8csx0Jtm2X https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majungasaurus

Majungasaurus is a large theropod native to Aberration's fertile and bioluminescent zones. Unlike its real-world equivalent, the Majungasaurus found roaming the Ark are around the size of a Rex. Manjungasaurus are faster than their Tyrannosaurian counterparts, but deal moderately less damage - their health is around the same though. The primary draw for taming a Majungasaurus in spite of being weaker than a Rex upfront is that, under the effects of Charge Light it deals heavily increased damage. Additionally, they have a corpse eating ability similar to Argentavis, which heals slower but has an extended duration. Last but not least, they are immune to radiation and the gas nodes found on Abberation and their saddle provides their rider with those traits as well.

As with Rex, most Majungasaurus are a standard knockout tame. However, this only applies to Majungasaurus in the Fertile zone. In the wild, Majungasaurus located in the Bioluminescent zone are born infected with a fungus that causes them to become extremely aggressive, even for a carnivore, attacking both carnivores and herbivores alike without regard for their own safety. This infection makes it impossible to tame them with standard methods. The only way to tame them is knock them out - a task easier said than done because the fungus rapidly drains their torpor - and force feed them Lesser Antidotes, curing them and earning you their trust. 

Majungasaurus from the Bioluminescent zone have a few advantages over ones from the Fertile zone. For starters, they generate their own charge light during the day, which triggers their powerup as well. Secondly, while under the effects of charge, they heal rapidly. This does come at a slight cost, as they no longer immune to radiation (their saddle still provides their rider with immunity to it however), though their daytime healing allows them to counteract this. Their babies are born infected as well. This causes them to lose food far quicker until they are cured with a Lesser Antidote, and if they grow up without being cured they lose control. While out of control this way, they will become aggressive, ignoring orders and attacking both friend and foe, similar to a Giga's rage (albeit without the deadly power boost). This lasts until they are knocked out and cured in the same manner as their wild relatives.

In summary, Majungasaurus would be an apex-class dinosaur that is designed to combo well with Abberation's natural conditions, a replacement for everyone's favorite boss-killer: Rex. They would also make Lesser Antidotes more useful simply by existing, as the better Majungasaurus variant needs them for its taming and breeding processes.

Thanks for reading! I hope you all found this idea interesting even if you didn't like the idea itself. I figured that a creature that is prone to infections would be a neat twist and reference to real-world ecosystems, as unlike the Ark, real animals get sick. The fungal infection is also on theme with Aberration, so I figured that would be neat too. If you aren't going to vote for this, I would still value your feedback as I might get into Ark modding someday and this would be first on my list of additions.

12 hours ago, TheRexYo said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-REmuas49NwmzWTII8Sz5dc8gVs5gwCD38QnXdF8csx0Jtm2X https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majungasaurus

Majungasaurus is a large theropod native to Aberration's fertile and bioluminescent zones. Unlike its real-world equivalent, the Majungasaurus found roaming the Ark are around the size of a Rex. Manjungasaurus are faster than their Tyrannosaurian counterparts, but deal moderately less damage - their health is around the same though. The primary draw for taming a Majungasaurus in spite of being weaker than a Rex upfront is that, under the effects of Charge Light it deals heavily increased damage. Additionally, they have a corpse eating ability similar to Argentavis, which heals slower but has an extended duration. Last but not least, they are immune to radiation and the gas nodes found on Abberation and their saddle provides their rider with those traits as well.

As with Rex, most Majungasaurus are a standard knockout tame. However, this only applies to Majungasaurus in the Fertile zone. In the wild, Majungasaurus located in the Bioluminescent zone are born infected with a fungus that causes them to become extremely aggressive, even for a carnivore, attacking both carnivores and herbivores alike without regard for their own safety. This infection makes it impossible to tame them with standard methods. The only way to tame them is knock them out - a task easier said than done because the fungus rapidly drains their torpor - and force feed them Lesser Antidotes, curing them and earning you their trust. 

Majungasaurus from the Bioluminescent zone have a few advantages over ones from the Fertile zone. For starters, they generate their own charge light during the day, which triggers their powerup as well. Secondly, while under the effects of charge, they heal rapidly. This does come at a slight cost, as they no longer immune to radiation (their saddle still provides their rider with immunity to it however), though their daytime healing allows them to counteract this. Their babies are born infected as well. This causes them to lose food far quicker until they are cured with a Lesser Antidote, and if they grow up without being cured they lose control. While out of control this way, they will become aggressive, ignoring orders and attacking both friend and foe, similar to a Giga's rage (albeit without the deadly power boost). This lasts until they are knocked out and cured in the same manner as their wild relatives.

In summary, Majungasaurus would be an apex-class dinosaur that is designed to combo well with Abberation's natural conditions, a replacement for everyone's favorite boss-killer: Rex. They would also make Lesser Antidotes more useful simply by existing, as the better Majungasaurus variant needs them for its taming and breeding processes.

Thanks for reading! I hope you all found this idea interesting even if you didn't like the idea itself. I figured that a creature that is prone to infections would be a neat twist and reference to real-world ecosystems, as unlike the Ark, real animals get sick. The fungal infection is also on theme with Aberration, so I figured that would be neat too. If you aren't going to vote for this, I would still value your feedback as I might get into Ark modding someday and this would be first on my list of additions.

Nice

ima be honest i didnt submit this again for ab cause imo it conflicts with drakes to much. Anyways tho thanks for not stealing the art. Last thing is making an abelisaur be able to climb just doesnt work imo, ik u said its arms were larger or something but at that point it starts losing what makes it a majunga in the first place.

On 7/10/2023 at 1:34 AM, Hatcheri said:

ima be honest i didnt submit this again for ab cause imo it conflicts with drakes to much. Anyways tho thanks for not stealing the art. Last thing is making an abelisaur be able to climb just doesnt work imo, ik u said its arms were larger or something but at that point it starts losing what makes it a majunga in the first place.

Fair enough. Also your welcome for not stealing your art 😅 and the climbing has been removed 

I like Majungassaurus and i want to see him in the game but he lived in an small island, i think he would be better added on an island map, he is too much specific. 
Making a version of him adapted to another enviroment will be like removing an important aspect of what make him what he is. 

I will vote for him when he is suggested for island maps.

¡¡¡Hola!!! Mi idea es implementar el Majungasaurus en Aberration para hacer la vida más fácil a los sobrevivientes que se atrevan a experimentar un desafío como Aberration o las cuevas de aberración de otros mapas.

El Majungasaurus sería un poco más grande que el infame Carnotaurus de ARK. En cuanto a su diseño, bueno, dejé que WildCard tuviera su propia opinión y voto, ya que si tuviera que hacer un diseño para mi dinosaurio propuesto, nadie votaría por mi criatura. Para no quedarme con las manos vacías y sentirme un poco mejor, aquí os dejo una imagen del Majungasaurus de Prehistoric Planet, por si queréis usarla como base...

Me gustaría que el Majungasaurus compartiera sus zonas de aparición con el Carnotaurus aberrante, sin embargo, también me gustaría que su aparición fuera más rara.

Hablando del proceso de domesticación del Majungasaurus, sería algo complejo:

Paso 1: Localiza un Majungasaurus. 

Paso 2: Llama la atención del dinosaurios.

Paso 3: Debes atacarlo desde la distancia para que decida cargarte con el pequeño cuerno que tiene en la cabeza (tendrás que esquivarlo, para ello deberás esperar a que empiece a coger carrera y justo cuando se lanza, cambia de lugar, no te preocupes, solo irá en línea recta, eso sí, extremadamente rápido). 

Paso 4: Cada vez que el Majungasaurus haya fallado cuatro embestidas, descansará lo suficiente como para acercarse a la criatura y alimentarla con lo que tengas en el último espacio de tu inventario, y así sucesivamente hasta que la domes.

Paso 5: Disfruta de tu Majungasaurus.

El Majungasaurus es una criatura montable, su montura cuesta: 500 cuero, 1350 fibra y 150 lingotes de metal.

El Majungasaurus tiene unas habilidades increíbles, empecemos por sus ataques: como ataque principal tiene el tradicional mordisco y como ataque secundario tiene un ataque de cola. Si se mantiene el ataque secundario, el Majungasaurus comenzará a prepararse para embestir y al soltar el botón realizará la carga antes mencionada.

Por último, pasemos a las habilidades especiales: al pulsar el botón de habilidad especial, se iluminará el cuerno que tiene el dinosaurio en la cabeza. Puede cambiar entre cuatro colores de luz: blanco, rojo y rosa. Cuando el cuerno del Majungasaurus está en blanco, debilitará a los Sin nombre y a los Segadores, como la luz de las criaturas de hombro de Aberration. Cuando la luz se ponga roja se pondrá más brillante a medida que el Majungasaurus se acerque a las gemas rojas, de esta manera podría servir como un detector, además si tienes la luz roja y realizas el ataque principal del Majungasaurus hacia las gemas rojas, esta ejecutará un cabezazo que recolecta más gemas rojas de las que uno podría recolectar. Finalmente, cuando el Majungasaurus tiene la luz de su cuerno rosa, muy de vez en cuando cavará en el suelo para sacar 5 bolas de gas.

Todas las habilidades especiales pueden mejorarse en sus opciones gastando niveles ganados por el Majungasaurus, puede concentrarse en todos ellos, en dos o en uno en particular; al más puro estilo Moschops.

Screenshot_20230618-151426_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Gigantoraptoradri
Because I forget it

On 7/10/2023 at 12:34 AM, Hatcheri said:

I agree.