Common Name: Mastodonsaurus
Species: Mastodonsaurus leviathanica
Time: Middle Triassic
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Ambushing

1663350750_mequieromorir-min.jpg.aa3f2d357a4bcabc62041decf8fbb063.jpg

(This is my first ever digital dossier)

Wild:

Probably the biggest amphibian to have ever existed, Mastodonsaurus leviathanica can sport lengths of up to 32 meters. This gargantuan creature can be found on the pools of the crystalline swamps and luminous marshlands where it spends the entirety of its life. Mastodonsaurus doesn’t move much, mainly catching prey by ambush, or luring them with their set of biolumiscent spots alongside its body, this creature appears to be putting its prey in some sort of trance, and then mastodonsaurus burst out of its hiding location and swallows the victim whole, so be careful when travelling throug this locations as you and your mount can end up as a Mastodonsaurus meal. Mastodonsaurus seems to have adapted a very particular paladar, it mostly feeds of cnidaria and electrophorus which seem to have granted Mastodonsaurus some sort of stunning bite that can let its opponents paralyzed, making them an easy meal for this amphibian.

Domesticated: 

When tamed, Mastodonsaurus becomes the greatest warmount in this cave system. Thank to his massive size you can even build a platform on the back of this amphibian! Mastodonsaurus is a very swift swimmer but in land it becomes a really sluggish creature, moving really slow and making it a easy target for enemy survivors and other creatures, but is here where Mastodonsaurus shines (literally…), this creature can flash its brilliant lights rapidly and in different colours, any enemy that directly looks at the creature while doing this light show can be subject to seizures. Also thanks to the two massive tusk in his lower jaw, Mastodonsaurus can impale his opponents and then shook them with his bioelectric capabilities. 

Now lets explain everything in detail:

Taming: 

Mastodonsaurus leviathanica can be found in the pools of the crystalline swamps and luminous marshlands, where it will stay motionless in the deepest areas of these pools. First of all, Mastodonsaurus is a passive tame. To tame it you will need to swim to its gaping mouth and feed it its favourite food, Bio Toxin, but this is no easy task since Mastodonsaurus will be shining its bioluminiscent spots when wild (when looking at this lights the survivor will start to receive torpor overtime and will start to move iregullarly), and then you may ask how do i get close to it without looking at it?, thats where the red mushrooms (with red root and pointed cap) enter into play, if you get the effect “Dizzy Spore” (Obtained from entering a area where there are red shrooms spores) the Mastodonsaurus lightshow wont affect you. Meaning you can finally get close to its mounth and feed it. But this doesnt mean the threat is over, when feeded mastodonsaurus will start to move to repositionate in another area, during this it becomes territorial and if it senses something near it it will attack it, so you better start swimming away after you feed it. After sometime you will have a tamed Mastodonsaurus.

Abilities and attacks:

- Left Click: Stunning bite, just like cnidaria, Mastodonsaurus bites inducing torpor and dismounting survivors, this attack has some delay so cant spam it to stunlock a mount or survivor.

- Right Click: Grab, Mastodonsaurus grabs a creature in front of it, impaling it with its two massive tusk, this bleeding causes the victim to lose 10% of its max hp over 5 seconds. If Mastodonsaurus has a grabbed enemy in his jaws it can still bite. It can grab creatures up to the size of a Spino. 

- Pressing X: Mastodonsaurus quickly turns back (like sarcosuchus)

- Pressing c :Activates the bioluminiscent spots, when this spots are activated Mastodonsaurus will start to shine its bioluminiscent spots in a quick sucession and in different colours. To stop these lights just press C again. This “attack” drains stamina periodically (like daeodon). The effect of this lights varies depending on the victim:

- Survivors: Survivors that directly look at Mastodonsaurus while the lights are active will get start to get dizzy, increasing their torpor as long as the are looking at Mastodonsaurus, they will also start to move irregullarly and will get limited vision. 

- Mounts: Mounts wont get any of the effects mentioned, instead if the stay close to Mastodonsaurus a bar will start to fill, when this bar is filled the mount will enter some sort of trance and wont obey any commands as long as Mastodonsaurus stays close. If you dont want your mount to enter this state, the only thing you need to is run away for a few seconds and let that bar drain, when is drained up, go back into action. 

Saddles: 

- Regular Saddle: Just a regular saddle for Mastodonsaurus

- Platform Saddle: A saddle with a platform where you can build. 

- Platform Saddle with magnifying glass: A platform saddle with glasses that cover the bioluminiscent spots of Mastodonsaurus. This specialized saddle adds the effects of a flashbang after Mastodonsaurus activates its bioluminiscent spots, blinding opponents for a few seconds and also dropping whatever they were holding at the moment. 

And that my submission for Aberration, i think it feets really well with the aesthetic of aberration, also, Ark lacks amphibians. I think we need more amphibians in the game, right now we only have two amphibians in the game (diplocaulus and beelzebufo), and i think a giant powerful amphibian would be a neat addition to the game. I based his design and colors on deep sea fish. This is also a direct succesor to Koolasuchus caementus.

Edited by Flutox
Editted the position of some text

5 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Kingkestrel373 said:

Gorgeous art and it fits the aberration vibe perfectly

Yeah, thats exactly what i was going for. Also i checked and i saw Aberration didnt have like a big siege beast, so thats where the idea of a gigantic amphibian with hypnotic powers came. Since Mastodonsaurus is not winning, you should go and vote for Koolasuchus, we need an amphibian in ark, and koolasuchus right now has a ton of votes. Also, im working in another giant amphibian for the next Ark votes 😉