2 minutes ago, Somes said:

You are not getting what I meant. Sure any modder can make a model and animations to just make their own creature BUT...this is literally the same creature we have already just big with aggression. I literally had one in my mod when it was live. 
I just really think something more original should be voted on...granted this creature fits the map more than most of the "otters" that are voted at the top. lol See what I did there xD

The proposed idea's behaviors would require an entirely new set of animations and a massive amount of coding for all the different things it can do, something that is not easy to make! And saying we already have an otter is just as broad and nearsighted as saying we already have an oviraptor, therefore the gigantoraptor isn't 'unique enough'. An Enhydriodon is not just a scaled up modern otter, it has a completely different build, different niche, more elongated skull-- I could go on and on really about all the things you would have to change from the base otter to come even close, and at that point it would be faster to start from scratch. Editing the otter already in game wouldn't do the concept any justice whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Direphile said:

This creature was first suggested by that pedophile neovanilluxe. Sorta leaves a bad rep for this creature suggestion imo. 

If you were to exclude every piece of media from your life that was touched by someone evil in this world, you'd live a very boring life. Don't let someone you don't know taint your interests. I was aware of Neovanilluxe's submission, but I really couldn't care less about them, because I'm not them and my idea isn't theirs, and it's really as simple as that. I can't stop someone else from overcomplicating it in their own head of course.

I like the idea of an otter like pack hunter however I feel like a better suited animal would be something like Maiacetus or Rhodocetus, prehistoric whales with a sort of seal/otter like appearance. There are others like Ambulocetus or Kutchicetus that could fill a similar role and could make for a very unique and iconic creature for Ark. 

77568328-0D31-475E-927B-4AEC6701902A.jpeg