On 6/5/2023 at 4:17 AM, FutureBug96 said:

I love Giant Bison, but those ideas are just simply boring (except for the cart). It's treated as just a cow in every vote. I mean it is inspired by Bison latifrons, the largest bovid ever, it needs to have some distinctive abilities. This is what I would suggest:

Remove carnivore livestock raiding thing - I mean who even came up with this and thought other people would like this? It sounds very frustrating.
Make cows the "farm animals" that main use is to produce milk and feritilizer.
Make bulls the combat mounts with pack boost and stampede ability (so if there is a lot of them running they can instantly destroy trees, rocks and even maybe up to stone tier structures?).
A vertical type of knockback would also give it something uniqe.
Cold resistance for players? Useful for exploring Murder Snow areas.
Also something very unique would be to give the bison customizable haircuts and beards - wild ones spawn with random beard and haircut. Tamed ones can be stylized using scissors.

if you look at the submission i made that merged with the original bison it basically is what you stated and a bit more.

On 6/9/2023 at 10:02 PM, TheIronWolf45 said:

I was never fond of Extinction, it was a hassle and very "dry". It was a DLC map that changed my mind alot about playing the story DLCs vs the free DLCs, I found myself playing Ragnarok, Valguero, CI, LI and Fjordur more often than continuing the story afterwards.

Fair!! I know I felt it was kinda blah feeling, myself. Especially for the whole "we're finally returning to Earth!!!" Then it was like super tiny heh. It WAS the first map myself and my husband got to encounter Raptor Claus on and THAT was fun and the raids for the drops were fun to do. But it didn't have a ton of interest compared to some of the others...especially the non-canon free DLC maps for sure! I LOVE Ragnarok! I think, if they'd updated it to include creatures and features from the stuff that came out after it was a map, it'd definitely be my tribe's favored home base. It's my favorite map, but hubby likes having Abberation features and some of the more fun "dungeon caves". Haha. 

A fêmea poderia adotar filhotes de outros criaturas , e o filhote perseguirá a vaca até ele crecer ,e ela vai alimentá-lo automaticamente  ,ganhando bônus  com base no nível da vaca

O macho poderia dar um bônus para as fêmeas produzir mais leite 

O rebanho poderia ter uma corrida em linha reta igual o pachy ou o rinoceronte 

On 6/9/2023 at 10:38 PM, AmanaTishala said:

Perhaps the cannon/getting gun wagons and the suggestions about being able to ram, knock back, and bleed will help for pvp players. 

while that is true we already have the andrewsarchas which does that 3x better plus the player cant take damage and cant get picked

On 6/9/2023 at 10:38 PM, AmanaTishala said:

Perhaps the cannon/getting gun wagons and the suggestions about being able to ram, knock back, and bleed will help for pvp players. 

and tbh its just putting creaters that already exist in the game and meshing it into one thing which is kinda bad for a animal cause we are just gonna use the creatures we already have and also there is to much of a pve aspect to this creature and its just that there isnt really much apeal to this animal 

1 hour ago, avoidnosleep said:

and tbh its just putting creaters that already exist in the game and meshing it into one thing which is kinda bad for a animal cause we are just gonna use the creatures we already have and also there is to much of a pve aspect to this creature and its just that there isnt really much apeal to this animal 

I can agree with trying not to overlap other animals and abilities. I just find this animal amazing. I am mainly a pve player and have zero interest in pvp and keep getting frustrated that animals that are ALL pvp with a tiny hint of pve use winning. It'd be nice if a very pve with a bit of pvp won. And I can still see using this in many ways to attack others. Yes there's an andrewsarchus, but that's not going to be on Ragnarok since it was assigned to Fjordur and if the cart can be used for a mobile cannon that's different than just the gun for the andrewsarchus. And the cow pies that can be ignited, or if they give it the blockade ability Raeph suggested or the "bulletproof mane" it could help soak up bullets or such for pvp. Or the warmed milk/cheese temporarily giving immunity to ice attacks could be helpful in pvp, I'd think, not just pve.

But I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion and I'm not a pvp player, so I can't fully weigh in on that crowd. I can only speak for the pve crowd since that's my preference and style of play, in saying a lot of folks grow tired of the winners being something super big that does super damage to just destroy. Granted, no suggested ability for any of the entries is guaranteed since it's ultimately up to WildCard to do with the winner what they choose. So any of the abilities listed here could be stripped away from either potential pvp or pve helpful attributes (I'm sure especially if it is too similar to another animal, though WC seems to release many animals on their own that one-up a previous, older animal, with a similar-but-better ability). I never bothered to tame an Andrew in the end because I never had an use for them, whereas I see many uses listed in the Bison for me. So it appeals to me. And if it doesn't appeal to you, or other mainly-pvp players, then I'm sure yours and their votes will go towards a different animal in the Ranked vote. We all have to vote for what shines the most for us, of course. But I think, the fact that the Bison has been in EVERY creature vote and in the top 10 for nearly every single one shows that a large base of the community DOES want it. Just maybe not enough to come away with the win...perhaps because pvp players keep wanting heavy-hitters and OP counters...but if this animal keeps showing up and keeps getting votes then people do find it appealing and do want it. And I think this iteration has done the best job at applying a lot of ideas that can be used on both sides pvp/pve

15 hours ago, AmanaTishala said:

I can agree with trying not to overlap other animals and abilities. I just find this animal amazing. I am mainly a pve player and have zero interest in pvp and keep getting frustrated that animals that are ALL pvp with a tiny hint of pve use winning. It'd be nice if a very pve with a bit of pvp won. And I can still see using this in many ways to attack others. Yes there's an andrewsarchus, but that's not going to be on Ragnarok since it was assigned to Fjordur and if the cart can be used for a mobile cannon that's different than just the gun for the andrewsarchus. And the cow pies that can be ignited, or if they give it the blockade ability Raeph suggested or the "bulletproof mane" it could help soak up bullets or such for pvp. Or the warmed milk/cheese temporarily giving immunity to ice attacks could be helpful in pvp, I'd think, not just pve.

But I'm not trying to invalidate your opinion and I'm not a pvp player, so I can't fully weigh in on that crowd. I can only speak for the pve crowd since that's my preference and style of play, in saying a lot of folks grow tired of the winners being something super big that does super damage to just destroy. Granted, no suggested ability for any of the entries is guaranteed since it's ultimately up to WildCard to do with the winner what they choose. So any of the abilities listed here could be stripped away from either potential pvp or pve helpful attributes (I'm sure especially if it is too similar to another animal, though WC seems to release many animals on their own that one-up a previous, older animal, with a similar-but-better ability). I never bothered to tame an Andrew in the end because I never had an use for them, whereas I see many uses listed in the Bison for me. So it appeals to me. And if it doesn't appeal to you, or other mainly-pvp players, then I'm sure yours and their votes will go towards a different animal in the Ranked vote. We all have to vote for what shines the most for us, of course. But I think, the fact that the Bison has been in EVERY creature vote and in the top 10 for nearly every single one shows that a large base of the community DOES want it. Just maybe not enough to come away with the win...perhaps because pvp players keep wanting heavy-hitters and OP counters...but if this animal keeps showing up and keeps getting votes then people do find it appealing and do want it. And I think this iteration has done the best job at applying a lot of ideas that can be used on both sides pvp/pve

This isn't anything new. The PVP community on all three systems are all heavily united in ensuring the Bison doesn't win, because they won't have anything new that can break the current meta if it wins. Not my problem if anything, they all have the bugger. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheIronWolf45 said:

This isn't anything new. The PVP community on all three systems are all heavily united in ensuring the Bison doesn't win, because they won't have anything new that can break the current meta if it wins. Not my problem if anything, they all have the bugger. lol

I'm still 1000% Team Bison and have been from the very first Creature Submission. But YOUR Bison is my favorite Bison and I'll vote it #1! Here's to hoping!!!!! It'd be super nice if we could just have it eventually since we keep getting it in the votes and just haven't gotten it to the top yet! Just keep charging ahead, Bison! We love you! ;)

On 6/5/2023 at 7:00 AM, RaephClark said:

Here's my concept:

Common Name: Giant Bison

Species: Bison latifrons (or longcornis (long-horn)

Time: Pleistocene

Diet: Herbivore

Temperament: Defensive

Wild

Bison latifrons is the long-horned ancestor of the modern-day bison, or buffalo as a some of the Survivors call it. Their impressive horns extend longer than their entire body and are strong and resilient. In fact, they are so strong, can prevent larger creatures from moving past them! This is particularly useful against larger predators that go for Bison calves, as the adults will circle around their young and push back anything that tries to get past them.

Like the Triceratops, the front of their faces is quite defensive, but what’s more impressive is their hair. It is so fluffy and thick; it can reduce damage from gunfire! But what’s also bizarre about their heads of hair is that they are surprisingly malleable.

Domesticated

Though Bison latifrons are tough, they are still susceptible to fire from behind, so some well-placed shots in the rear can knock them down. It’s best that you tame several Giant Bison together as they become quite stubborn if left alone. I’ve seen Survivors build literal barricades on their horns so they can press forward toward or prevent anything from getting past them…unless it flies.

The females also produce extraordinary milk that can help cool survivors and strengthen their bones. What’s more is that with their malleable heads of hair, you can design them however you’d like with a simple pair of scissors! Just don’t cut it too short otherwise they’ll lose their bulletproof hair until it grows back.

Details

The Giant Bison has been a fan favorite for everyone in the community polls, from what I’ve seen. So why not make a fun dossier of it?

Their horns can prevent even the biggest creatures from moving past, and they have a knockback effect that can send even Gigas back. And with a saddle equipped, you can attach a barricade (or walls?) to prevent even smaller creatures from moving past…except flyers. Their fronts are also resilient as their heavy mats of hair can repel gunfire and physical attacks.

The females can produce delicious milk that can give a cooling effect as well as strengthen Survivors bones so if they’re at critical health, they won’t be slowed down by their broken bones.

Another fun thing you can do with the Giant Bison is give them hairstyles! Just use Scissors and cut it as you see fit! Just don’t cut it too short, otherwise they’ll lose their bulletproof hair until it grows back.

If anyone has any other thoughts, feel free to comment below!

Sources
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison_latifrons

I guess to add to this, modern bison can jump six feet into the air! So the Giant Bison could be a good jumper too! 

Here's to hoping the Giant Bison makes it in the creature vote!