Shantungosaurus cripplus, the hot-headed herbivore with a short temper!

Sarahtosaurus

Suggestion

“Hadrosaurs are weak carnivore fodder”

Shantun: Hold my beer

The Shantungosaurus is the creature I would like to see in ARK. I've grown to love it thanks to The Isle and it's absolutely BADASS rentition of Shantungosaurus and on top of that, we have very little hadrosaurs and the ones we DO have are pretty bad/mid. I believe Shantun can go toe-to-toe with the largest of carnivores of the ARK! (except carchar and giga I guess)
My rough idea for it's abilities is reduced damage and the ability to break creature's legs for a specific amount of time based on drag weight. The heavier the creature, the less bone break time.
My idea for taming it is that you have to lead it to one of the farms scattered around the highlands with honey and let it eat in peace until it becomes docile enough for you to earn it's trust.
I hope you like my idea for the shantungosaurus!

The "Shantun" would also get a buff called "Herbivore Protector" when around 3 or more Herbivores of ANY size/strength which gets stronger every 3 herbivores which can power up 5 times. When there's only 3 herbivores near it, it will get 5% more damage and 5% more damage resistance topped with it's saddle armour and generally reduced damage. At the maximum power (15 herbivores) it will deal 25% more damage and take 25% less damage! This buff does not work with other Shantuns.

It will also gain the Rivalry buff when around large carnivores like Triceratops.

My idea for a taming method for the Shantun is that it would be able to eat the crops from the farms scattered around the Highlands (it would spawn there) and after it had eaten enough, it will trust you and you can go foraging with it like you would an Amarg or a Carchar! (minus the violence)

Attacks

- Headbutt: The default attack. Does medium damage and slight knockback.

-Stomp: Secondary attack. Charges up like a Magmasaur and is slower in extreme cold/extreme heat. Breaks target's leg for time dependent on drag weight.

-Tail Slam: Tertiary attack. Does same damage as Headbutt but no knockback.

Below is a potential dossier for it! I will be working on some art for it which I will attach later, and I will also workshop some of the ideas as it is 4am as of submitting this. Suggestions are greatly appreciated! (yes, I am the person who submitted Shantun for Fjordur I did not steal)

Art for the Shantungosaurus has been finished! I hope y'all like my rendition of it!

I did a little doodle of the Shantun "hold my beer" joke! Hope y'all like it!

WILD
Shantungosaurus cripplus is one of the most terrifying creatures to encounter on the ARK, even if it is a herbivore.

It's furious stomps can cripple any dinosaur hit straight on by it, even being able to prevent flyers from taking off for a short period of time.

Not only that, but the Shant is one of the most hot-headed herbivores out there, you think it's a carnivore! Even approaching it will cause it to charge wildly at you! Thankfully, this animal is a solitary animal. Once you're detected it will charge wildly at you, throwing headbutts, stomps and tail slams your way!

Despite being solitary, it will quickly heed to the calls of herbivores in danger to protect them like some kind of superhero! So beware of what herbivores you decide to pick a fight with, lest you end up being the target of a Shantungosaurus!

DOMESTICATED
Due to it's aggressive nature I don't think it's possible to feed a Shantungosaurus by hand and it's thick hide protects it from all forms of sedatives.

If you're sneaky enough, and have enough honey you can lure Shantungosaurus to a field of crops and it start digging them up and eating them! Once they're full enough they'll be more docile and will tolerate your presence. After that, you can forage for more crops and share them with the Shantun until it trusts you enough to be your ally!

From what I know, this is the only way to domesticate a Shantungosaurus, despite it being quite risky.

A tamed Shant could be invauluable to warring tribes as their crippling stomps can temporarily slow down creatures to be picked off by your tribe's other creatures.
They're also useful for more peaceful tribes as their large size and beefy physique can allow them to take some serious punishment and they can be incredible pack mules to carry large amounts of cargo and can effectively protect caravans.
Shants can also steal crops from other tribes, if you somehow manage to sneak one into an enemy's base.

Shantunhehe-min.jpg

hadrosucks.jpg

Edited by Sarahtosaurus

25 replies to this server topic

SHANTUNGOSAURUS

Credits: Mario Lanzas

Common Name: Shanthungosaurus

Species: Shantungosaurus giganteus

Time: Late Cretaceous

Diet: Herbivore

Temperament: Passive

Wild:

From the letahl and peaceful giant dinosaurs, the Shantungosaurus gigantes is a large herbivore that inhabits grasslands, beaches, deserts and forests and is considered the Titan of the Herbivores for being very large and strong which can fight large carnivores such as Tyrannosaurus rex, this incredible dinosaur is capable of making a call to alert its herd when there is a predator nearby, these titans are very peaceful with humans and agressive with carnivores.

This herbivore is very powerful, its attack is very powerful similar to Giganotosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus and its legs break the bones and the leave the animal's stamina weak and also with its headbutt of the Pachyrhinosaurus and these animals can alone and even in herds.

Domesticated:

This Dinosaur is used by many tribes since this animal can carry a lot of weight even like the Sinomacrops and the Brontosaurus, they can also make a call that serves as an alert and also to call the domesticated dinosaurs so that they can follow you or prepare for battle and also its power is very incredible since it is a very raidable Dinosaur for strong and weak bases, since with 8 stomps it can break a metal foundation and also with its mount it can carry two people, the one driving and the other behind the one that will defend and attack human, animal or base.

Abilities:

You can make an alert call when there is a human, animal or enemy nearby and you can also call the domesticated creatures to follow you.

It can make a big blow with its front legs that when it stamps very hard there is wind created by the strong blow of the animal which serves as a 59 second buff to blind and mobilize enemies.

Can carry a lot of weight of 160 inventories.

With his strong blows he can destroy metal foundations.

Taming method:

The tameo is similar to a Gacha, because giving it and throwing food on the ground and its favorite food are carrots, berries like Tintoberry, Azulberry, Amarberry and Mejoberry but the ones it likes the most are rare flowers which are the fastest to tame this animal.

Mount: 

I want the mount to be like thins:

Shantungosaurus Saddle Infograph by Paleocolour | Dinosaur art, Game  concept art, Creature art

Credits: Paleocolour.

The mount that is like a mythological war mount because Ragnarok is a fantasy map and also that as i said in the dossier, that it has two humans on the mount, one that is mounted in the front controlling the Shantungosaurus and in the back shooting at a human, dinosaur to kill or tame and also attack the base with a rocket launcher when the dinosaur goes backwards or stands still.

Shantungosaurus giganteus - measuring almost 17 metres and weighing 16  tons, it is the largest non-sauropod herbivorous dinosaur known. :  r/Naturewasmetal

Shantungosaurus

Hadrosaurs are week Shant: Hold my beer 

So Here my First Submission for Any creature vote Shantugosaurus 

Find the Real Animal here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantungosaurus

Now lets get on what it can do 

Heath: 10000

Stam: 1200

Oxygen: 200

Weight: 3000

Melee: 70

Movement Speed: 100

Torpidity: 15000 

Attacks

Headbutt: 300

Stomp: 600

Tail: 250

Taming: Lure it with Honey Eat soups and feed it with Crop-Berry Bowl

Berry-crop bowl it need 2 of them

Berry-crop Bowl cost 

500 Amarberrys 500 Tinoberry 500 Mejoberrys 500 Azulberrys 500 Crops 10 Extraodinary Kibble.

Saddle Unlock 90

Saddle Minigun on the back

Roles: Tank, Raid Creature

Name: Shantungosaurus ‭(‬Shantung lizard‭)‬. Phonetic: Shan-tung-o-sore-us.

Named By: Hu‭ ‬-‭ ‬1973. Synonyms: Zhuchengosaurus maximus.

Classification: Chordata,‭ ‬Reptilia,‭ ‬Dinosauria,‭ ‬Ornithischia,‭ ‬Ornithopoda,‭ ‬Hadrosauridae,‭ ‬Saurolophinae. Species: S.‭ ‬giganteus‭ (‬type‭)‬. Diet: Herbivore. Size: Largest individuals approaching up to 15 to 16.5 meters long. Known locations: China‭ ‬-‭ ‬Shandong Peninsula‭ ‬-‭ ‬Wangshi Formation. Time period: Late Cretaceous.

Fossil representation: Partial remains of many individuals allowing for composite reconstructions.

I'm not good at making drawings, but I'm gonna try to describe hum with some images.

Well my Idea is for Shantugosaurus but in really in steroids to compete with gigas and carchas,  basically the shant gonna be a giga size herbivore with some nosal Sharp osteoderms who can inflict bleed and have a kind of fold of skin on turned shoulders that when the animal goes into berserker mode the skin inflate with blood like the deviljho and its nostrils expand. he would be more focused on collecting iron, berrys, but he would stand out more in combat of course for his berserker mode that can be activated by pressing the q button and be still rideable, but this skill would have a 3-6 minute cooldown where the shant gonna do a giant Lot of damage, but his defense is lowered and he is immune to crowd control (knockbacks, stuns, torpor, fear and solidification), since once the berserk mode ends the shant will still have his defense impaired, a speed debuff and his stamina will be 0 due to the adrenaline and his defende gonna be recovered in 1 minute.

and to improve, the player can with a blood bag remove the blood of the shant and make a potion with mushrooms and spoiled meat to make a berserker potion, where the player takes or gives it to a creature, will stay for a short period of time with an increase in damage and immune to crowd control in addition to having its speed improved, but when the effect ends, it will run out of stamina, with a reduced speed debuff.

To tame this creature, you must approach slowly behind the creature and give mushrooms mixed with rotten meat so that the shant enters its berserker state, where you must move away and when the animal leaves the berserker state it will add a level of torpor that once the creature fall you can tame like a normal creature

( The imagens bellow its Just to make you guys try to imagine what um trying to saying)

images (17).jpeg

images (16).jpeg

images (12).jpeg

Shantungosaurus: The military Transport Dino

Dossier:

Wild:

The shantungosaurus is the largest hadrosaur on the ark using its sheer size to barge through trees and rocks, it scavenges through bushes and specializes in finding high tier seeds (rockarot, savroot, longrass and citrus)

Tamed: 

Many tribes have used this beasts size to their advantage equiping them with metal saddles fitted with vaults and 5 seats. And the small farmers of the ark use this creatures seed farming skill to find the best seeds for their farms

Abilities: 

pack mule: similarly to the ravager the shantungosaurus has a weight reduction on many resources (like stone, metal and wood) 

bull dozer: Its strong legs allow it to trample through rocks and trees if built up enough speed by running.

Saddles: The shantungosaurus would have 2 saddles, one that would be just a normal saddle, the second would be a metal saddle similar to an armored car and would be kitted with 5 seats, built in vaults, a generator and 2 cryofridges. 

Cons: 

The generator needs more fuel than a normal one.

Its large size and turning circle makes it hard to kill some of ragnarok smaller carnivores meaning you would need to defend its behind.

The people on its saddle can still be killed by shooting them, or by being wyvern gassed.

It cant swim very fast due to its weight and size

Pros: 

The shantungosaurus is immune to radiation.

It reduces the weight of the items in the vaults on it saddle.

Its (better)saddle is equiped with charge lanterns of exploring the deep depths of aberrations. 

Extra structures can be equiped on this saddle (fridges, incubators etc)

Taming: 

The taming method of this fairly gentle giant is quite interesting.

The shant spawns in a herd of 3 - 5 and you must lead the one you want to tame away.

once seperated from the herd you will have to defend it to befriend it.

Once defended similarly to an osd it will be given the option to tame.

Hope you liked this creature idea and if you have any feed back make sure to say and ill add/ remove things.

- KingKrakenIMG_1856.jpeg.0d45823c3162742b1cb9d2c88e5faf60.jpeg

Shantungosaurus [the largest non sauropod dinosaur] the trex killer this herbivorous  yet agressive behemoth is larger in scale than a rex  it being 0.5 times taller than a rex  and 0.6 times longer it is able to hold off gigas carchars and reapers beat rexes and spinos  and any other creature that gets in this behemoths way   if your are being raided or attacked by any creature the Shantungosaurus is a safe bet of you winning whatever fight your in.

defence 

it has a 25% damage reduction on being hit and it takes a 75% damage reduction on bleed it has a 50% weight reduction  

movment 

it moves by walking  quadrupedal and runs bipedally it walk quite slow but can run pretty fast 

taming and location

Shantungosaurus  can be found in a nesting goup in the area around green ob in order to tame this beast you must defeat the group and defeat the alpha male who is surrounded by 2 other females then you get an egg.  the females are slightly smaller than the males  but getting the egg is not an easy feat the Shantungosaurus  are not weak they are able to beat a rex in a one on one fight and 1 can hold its own against a giga  this is a formidable challenge for whoever decides to try and obtain this beast 

attacks 

headbutt attack, stomp attack, push attack , a tail swipe, a weakning roar that weakens the stats of the enemy by 10%  and increases your stats by 10%  and it has a devestating attack where it stands of its back legs and slams down onto whatever is below it dealing massive damage 

saddle 

is saddle can hold up to 10 players and it is able to have a platform saddle and can carry small creatures on its black any creature smaller than an a  anky 

th?id=OIP.bSmBSAfYME41nIDasKol4QHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&h=180th?id=OIP.ijC0HUSww9z9O-eGl3TLsgHaGO&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

th?id=OIP.lJyyfU41R5Zu3i0PphjPiwHaC0&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Edited by oliver098785623

1 hour ago, NerdyGremlin said:

Shantungosaurus is already planned for Ark Additions, where it has a much higher chance of being well thought out and unique. Don't see a point in voting it honestly. Especially when we just got carcharo and rhynio as "ULTRA OP ENDGAME TAMES!!!" Fasola has a chance to be the exact same way, in a map where wyverns and golems already exist to fill that role. 

I respect that, vote for whatever you wanna vote!

My suggestion for the ark ragnarok creature is the Shantungasaurus, the largest hadrosaurus and largest non sauropod dinosaur!

ThePaleoLad on Twitter: "A bull #Shantungosaurus executes an adult  #Zhuchengtyrannus for simply existing. Thanks to @EnnieNovachrono for  helping me with the pose. #paleoart #paleontology #dinosaur #Dinovember2022  https://t.co/kh8pd0vFbD" / Twitter My idea for it is that it would have powerful roar attack that slows creatures and does a lot of damage(obviously has a cooldown). It is the key to taming it as the Shantungasaurus being a proud creature will only be tamed when it is bested by another creature. Thre process is first you have to tame a creature that has a roar(such as a yuty, rex, or even thyla), then you will have to have to lower it health, after getting its health down to 50 percent health it will unleash a devastating roar, as its doing the roar your own creature also has to do its own roar. After this the shantungasaurus will start taming and gain a rage buff, this will cause it to get a 20% damage boost and start regening health VERY quickly(this will be nerfed upon taming), the goal is for you creature to survive long enough to tame it as if it get below 50% health it will begin to lose taming effectiveness.

After taming the Shant has 3 attacks, a left click bite that does decent damage and hits quickly, next is the righ click attack that will alternate between a tail swipe and a kick(same damage and speed of the bite), these two excel at gathering wood and that while the shant also has 50% weight reduction on both of these.And finally is the roar that does the most damage out of all the attacks. If the roar attack hits a creature that has a drag weight above 275 it will gain a rage boost as it doesn't tolerate other large creatures challenging it. The rage boost will as previously stated give it 20% extra damage, rapid regeneration, and an immunity to stuns, while also slowing the down the opposing creature, if other shantugasaurus are in the area they will aslo receive the buff. When tamed instead of only doing the roar when its at half health it will roar when at 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20%(unriden ofcourse). Its saddle will take hide, wood, and metal with 3 seats, the drivers seat on top behind the neck and the two other seats on the sides of the shant right below the drivers.

In the wild it will be an interesting encounter for survivors, if you get near it with a creature that has less than 275 drag weight it will simply ignore you untill you attack it, HOWEVER if you bring a creature above 275 drag weight it will become aggresive. So it will be mostly a threat to midgame players that have just gotten their first rex(It will also attack wild creatures above the drag weight). Its rage buff will activate when it roars and hits a creature above the required drag weight(regardless if you have roared or not). Luckily if you havent roar its regeneration buff will not be as powerfull.

So now about where to find it, it likes watery enviroment that host a large amount of vegetation such as SW tropics, Nothern Swamp, Hidana, Taosst Creek(all with an uncommon spawn rate) and rarely in the Hidden Oasis and the Dark Waters. They spawn in spread out groups of 3 and will most likely be seen fighting other large creatures. 

Edited by Vechr
I cant write

Common Name: Shantungosaurus

Scientific Name: Shantungosaurus Giganteus

Time Period: Late Cretaceous

Diet: Herbivore

Temperament: Neutral

Wild: A living fortress. We’ve yet to find anything strong enough to effectively harm the giant. While it normally shows no notice to those around it, don’t be fooled. It is unlike anything we’ve ever encountered before. Earlier today I observed a pack of Allosaurus attempting to kill a lone Shantungosaurus only for them to be slaughtered like sheep in a slaughterhouse. I was greatly surprised when the alpha of the Allosaurus pack did its usual gnashing bite, only for it to have almost zero effect on the Shantungosaurus. 

Taming: Upon further research of Shantungosaurus, we’ve discovered the only way to domesticate it is to show dominance. After shooting it in the head to around half health, it will become passive and ready to feed in a similar way to Lystrosaurus.

Domesticated: A domesticated Shantungosaurus is a sight to behold. It looms over all that dare oppose it and rightly so. We’ve designed a saddle for it that has built in metal spikes. We’ve managed to attach spiked mats to its saddle so anything that dares attack it will be severely injured for doing so. After intensive testing we've come to realize that in combat it is immune to being bled out, which is another great ability for combat. Come to think of it, that is probably why it showed immunity to the alpha Allosaurus’s gnashing bite, more research will be needed to confirm this theory.

Important information: Shantungosaurus has two modes. It can switch between these modes using the C key on the keyboard. These modes are named “Bastion mode” and “Mobile mode”. When wearing a saddle if something deals a physical attack to Shantungosaurus the attacker will receive damage similar to how Kentrosaurus works. The attacker is NOT damaged if it doesn't use a melee attack. An example would be wyvern breath attacks. If a wyvern were to hit Shantungosaurus with a breath attack the wyvern would not be damaged. If a Gigantosaurus were to bite a saddled Shantungosaurus the Gigantosaurus would receive damage.

Mobile mode: while in mobility mode, as the name suggests it is able to move at its regular speed but does not possess any of the buffs and bonuses of Bastion mode.

Bastion mode: While in Bastion mode, Shantungosaurus gets a healthy range of bonuses. For one, it is immune to bleed and gnashing abilities, and its healing rate is increased by 50%. The only downside is that in Bastion mode its movement speed is decreased by 80%.

With Saddle

Screenshot_20230607-193744_Sketchbook.jpg

Without Saddle

Screenshot_20230607-193704_Sketchbook.jpg

Why add this to the ark? Great question! I wanted to create something original that we’ve never seen before and that could have some usage, and what's more original AND useful than a giant living barricade?

Edited by DonutsGhost
Reason for edit is to give a more precise explanation on how the saddle works.

The Rex herbivore has arrived with its family a strong and fast creature 

Shantungosaurus

Wild: about the same size as the King the rex I can probably consider these wonderful creatures as gentle as there parasaur relatives tho skittish when alone it will find unity in its heard as predators will think twice then to attack a group of these great beast's for what they lack in strength they make up in numbers and intelligence I'd say these things are near as the smarts of the troodons. 

Such a creature requires a careful approach let there leader come to you and do not make any sudden moves just let them examine you ha ill say I was proper frightened when the leader of the heard came to me but after a while it was soon trusting me to be a friend and let me ride it I'd dread to think what would happen if you made them angry.

Domesticated: once tamed after a bonding process you'll have the best Berry gather as well as a intelligence leader that can command any and all packs just by being near them. And for the Berry's you can command your Shantungosaurus to specify what ones you want and it will only gather that one kind plus seems these dinos are able to produce a kind of pheromones that can make even the most vicious predators ignore them if harvested correctly it can be used on anything else but massive carnivorous seem immune to the effects or are too smart.

Abilities:

Can gather select berries (like instead of all berries it can gather just 1 type).

Can camo itself and the rider from rex tier dinos but not giga tier.

Can carry immense loads.

Able to sense danger and detect more precisely (parasaur 2)

Can lead/command any pack dino

Immune to roar effects 

Taming: 1. likes being petted only when it comes to you but don't make any moves focuse on its movements to tame it and feed it the right berry's based on its mood. 

tumblr_inline_o774wg9DZU1qdikaa_1280.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zendrall said:

The Rex herbivore has arrived with its family a strong and fast creature 

Shantungosaurus

Wild: about the same size as the King the rex I can probably consider these wonderful creatures as gentle as there parasaur relatives tho skittish when alone it will find unity in its heard as predators will think twice then to attack a group of these great beast's for what they lack in strength they make up in numbers and intelligence I'd say these things are near as the smarts of the troodons. 

Such a creature requires a careful approach let there leader come to you and do not make any sudden moves just let them examine you ha ill say I was proper frightened when the leader of the heard came to me but after a while it was soon trusting me to be a friend and let me ride it I'd dread to think what would happen if you made them angry.

Domesticated: once tamed after a bonding process you'll have the best Berry gather as well as a intelligence leader that can command any and all packs just by being near them. And for the Berry's you can command your Shantungosaurus to specify what ones you want and it will only gather that one kind plus seems these dinos are able to produce a kind of pheromones that can make even the most vicious predators ignore them if harvested correctly it can be used on anything else but massive carnivorous seem immune to the effects or are too smart.

Abilities:

Can gather select berries (like instead of all berries it can gather just 1 type).

Can camo itself and the rider from rex tier dinos but not giga tier.

Can carry immense loads.

Able to sense danger and detect more precisely (parasaur 2)

Can lead/command any pack dino

Immune to roar effects 

Taming: 1. likes being petted only when it comes to you but don't make any moves focuse on its movements to tame it and feed it the right berry's based on its mood. 

tumblr_inline_o774wg9DZU1qdikaa_1280.jpg

Interesante

On 6/4/2023 at 4:44 AM, Sarahtosaurus said:

“Hadrosaurs are weak carnivore fodder”

Shantun: Hold my beer

The Shantungosaurus is the creature I would like to see in ARK. I've grown to love it thanks to The Isle and it's absolutely BADASS rentition of Shantungosaurus and on top of that, we have very little hadrosaurs and the ones we DO have are pretty bad/mid. I believe Shantun can go toe-to-toe with the largest of carnivores of the ARK! (except carchar and giga I guess)
My rough idea for it's abilities is reduced damage and the ability to break creature's legs for a specific amount of time based on drag weight. The heavier the creature, the less bone break time.
My idea for taming it is that you have to lead it to one of the farms scattered around the highlands with honey and let it eat in peace until it becomes docile enough for you to earn it's trust.
I hope you like my idea for the shantungosaurus!

The "Shantun" would also get a buff called "Herbivore Protector" when around 3 or more Herbivores of ANY size/strength which gets stronger every 3 herbivores which can power up 5 times. When there's only 3 herbivores near it, it will get 5% more damage and 5% more damage resistance topped with it's saddle armour and generally reduced damage. At the maximum power (15 herbivores) it will deal 25% more damage and take 25% less damage! This buff does not work with other Shantuns.

It will also gain the Rivalry buff when around large carnivores like Triceratops.

My idea for a taming method for the Shantun is that it would be able to eat the crops from the farms scattered around the Highlands (it would spawn there) and after it had eaten enough, it will trust you and you can go foraging with it like you would an Amarg or a Carchar! (minus the violence)

Attacks

- Headbutt: The default attack. Does medium damage and slight knockback.

-Stomp: Secondary attack. Charges up like a Magmasaur and is slower in extreme cold/extreme heat. Breaks target's leg for time dependent on drag weight.

-Tail Slam: Tertiary attack. Does same damage as Headbutt but no knockback.

Below is a potential dossier for it! I will be working on some art for it which I will attach later, and I will also workshop some of the ideas as it is 4am as of submitting this. Suggestions are greatly appreciated! (yes, I am the person who submitted Shantun for Fjordur I did not steal)

Art for the Shantungosaurus has been finished! I hope y'all like my rendition of it!

I did a little doodle of the Shantun "hold my beer" joke! Hope y'all like it!

WILD
Shantungosaurus cripplus is one of the most terrifying creatures to encounter on the ARK, even if it is a herbivore.

It's furious stomps can cripple any dinosaur hit straight on by it, even being able to prevent flyers from taking off for a short period of time.

Not only that, but the Shant is one of the most hot-headed herbivores out there, you think it's a carnivore! Even approaching it will cause it to charge wildly at you! Thankfully, this animal is a solitary animal. Once you're detected it will charge wildly at you, throwing headbutts, stomps and tail slams your way!

Despite being solitary, it will quickly heed to the calls of herbivores in danger to protect them like some kind of superhero! So beware of what herbivores you decide to pick a fight with, lest you end up being the target of a Shantungosaurus!

DOMESTICATED
Due to it's aggressive nature I don't think it's possible to feed a Shantungosaurus by hand and it's thick hide protects it from all forms of sedatives.

If you're sneaky enough, and have enough honey you can lure Shantungosaurus to a field of crops and it start digging them up and eating them! Once they're full enough they'll be more docile and will tolerate your presence. After that, you can forage for more crops and share them with the Shantun until it trusts you enough to be your ally!

From what I know, this is the only way to domesticate a Shantungosaurus, despite it being quite risky.

A tamed Shant could be invauluable to warring tribes as their crippling stomps can temporarily slow down creatures to be picked off by your tribe's other creatures.
They're also useful for more peaceful tribes as their large size and beefy physique can allow them to take some serious punishment and they can be incredible pack mules to carry large amounts of cargo and can effectively protect caravans.
Shants can also steal crops from other tribes, if you somehow manage to sneak one into an enemy's base.

Shantunhehe-min.jpg

hadrosucks.jpg

Honestly looking alright but I'd think some points added from mine should be considered as it could make it more interesting to you can read mine to see if there's any pointer you may have or like to include 

(Accidentally posted this twice dont vote on this page)

Wild: The Shant is one of the largest herbivores on the Ark. It rivals the Giga and Carcha in size, and for a good reason. It naturally protects the smaller plant eaters around it from predators like Allos and Rexs. I've even seen the smaller herbivores like  triceratops and stegosaurus aid the Shantungosaurs in battle.

Taming: Shantungosaurus are very territorial creatures, but there is one scent that they enjoy, rare flowers. While the rare flowers agitate everything else, the scent actually calms the Shant even allowing the survivor to approach it. 

Domesticated: When domesticated, the Shant can do a variety of things. They can chang stances like a Spino or Iguanodon. Being faster in the quadruped form, but doing a strong stomp attack in its bipedal form. It can bellow a mighty call that buffs the ally herbivores' defense and attack. It can get a special buff when facing off against Gigas or Carchas which makes it immune to the Gigas rage or the Carchas blood rage.

images.jpeg

Edited by SoggyMoss

Wild: The Shant is one of the largest herbivores on the Ark. It rivals the Giga and Carcha in size, and for a good reason. It naturally protects the smaller plant eaters around it from predators like Allos and Rexs. I've even seen the smaller herbivores like  triceratops and stegosaurus aid the Shantungosaurs in battle.

Taming: Shantungosaurus are very territorial creatures, but there is one scent that they enjoy, rare flowers. While the rare flowers agitate everything else, the scent actually calms the Shant even allowing the survivor to approach it. 

Domesticated: When domesticated, the Shant can do a variety of things. They can chang stances like a Spino or Iguanodon. Being faster in the quadruped form, but doing a strong stomp attack in its bipedal form. It can bellow a mighty call that buffs the ally herbivores' defense and attack. It can get a special buff when facing off against Gigas or Carchas which makes it immune to the Gigas rage or the Carchas blood rage.

images.jpeg

Edited by SoggyMoss

Shantungosaurus is already planned for Ark Additions, where it has a much higher chance of being well thought out and unique. Don't see a point in voting it honestly. Especially when we just got carcharo and rhynio as "ULTRA OP ENDGAME TAMES!!!" Fasola has a chance to be the exact same way, in a map where wyverns and golems already exist to fill that role. 

Edited by NerdyGremlin