The Fuzzy Jumping-Spider Tranq Bola - Maevia Eureka! [UPDATED+NEW ART!]

Sovira

22 hours ago, Sovira said:

I... actually feel you with this. I really do love many of the other submissions, the cheetah being at the top on my personal list, as I have been keeping an eye on it in hopes that it might succeed to the top as well! I freaking love cheetahs and their cute chirps, I'd live for that on Ark some day and I hope the author will keep trying if they don't happen to make it this round! I genuinely hope they pull through! I tossed votes at several others that made it to the top including the cheetah as well as some that hadn't made it but looked wonderful and very well thought out, I really hope that maybe Wildcard considers doing this maybe even further than just each map in the future, perhaps every now and then through new maps? That would seriously be awesome and give tons the chance to get their ideas shared into Ark as well! Thank you and best of luck to your beloved cheetah as well!

A friend of mine said, once, that she thought they were using these as a test to see what creatures continued to pop up over and over as potential animals we might want. So that, perhaps, they could add them in later, themselves. And whereas I have no idea if she's correct in that line of thought or not, I would enjoy it if she was. There definitely seems to be certain creatures that I've seen again and again.

I, personally, was one of the TeamBison voting for it as my first choice in every previous vote. (The bats were my second choice because I LOVE bats and I am thoroughly pleased with them in the game, at least!) There's a number of creatures that have gotten into the top groups that interest me 0% and even more that I'm like "but I'd like all of these!"

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another suggestion I forgot to mention, regarding the silk abilities, if you wanted to make them a little more tied to how strong the spider is and give more reason to have more types of web abilities. You could give it either a Radial wheel for putting level points into different ones like the Therizino does or give it a unique Stat like the light Pets and stuff like Silkweaving which gives each web ability a scaling bonus up to a certain point or increasing Silk passive generation/reducing the silk needed for a skill to be used or reducing cooldowns of them.

Another aspect is Weight being the defining factor in what the spider can lasso in. Cast net can go a little further but I think the Weight is a good measuring tool for making sure you can't just tame a low lvl and use it for say egg stealing easily. Cause if the egg is heavy it wouldn't be able to drag it. Could also apply to which creatures it could reel in on whatever animal it might be able too if you gave it that ability for say pulling into jerboas to munch and bodies or loot bags. Doesn't have to do all of these but these are ideas for what the lasso could do besides the grapple, even though the grapple is perfectly fine and I wouldn't mind it just being that either.

Some saddle ideas - Assasin Saddle - A saddle made with silk and lighter materials but reinforced by the sharp fangs of other beasts that turn the extra pair of limbs on the spider into a pair of deadly daggerlike weapons that can be coated with not just it's Venom but a myriad of other substances. If anyone ever played Rogues in World of Warcraft you'll know how this works. These could be narcotic or Venom based, stimulant even for some niche uses like dehydrating enemies or such, and even repurposing the virtually useless Trophies that happen to also be Venoms of specific creatures like Megalania.

Aerial Saddle - This is based off Another dino Idea I didn't get in early enough and will likely be ignored cause it was too late. But this is basically putting a grappling bar on the top of the spider where the saddle would be, and this would grant the female the ability to have allied small fliers (Lymantria, Pelagornis, Rhyniognatha, Tapejara, Pteranodon, Pelagornis, Desmodus) to perch on that bar and then give the spider the ability to use their Stamina and flight to the same effect as a Sinomacrops. I understand this is a crazy idea but I also found it too funny to imagine someone spotting someone using this and seeing a spider with bat wings flying at them out of nowhere. They are of course limited by the fliers Stamina and weight carry, and nothing bigger or stronger than the Desmodus can do this. All superior gliders or carriers like Argies, Griffins or Owls are not usable. I just wanted to share this part cause I thought it was funny and ridiculous but would likely never be considered or used.

Parachute Pack Harness - Put onto the male if it sits on your back to help give it armor and could even 'upgrade' the gliding ability.

Alpha Variant - Since Scorched actually does not have its own roster of Alpha versions like Aberration does. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a chance for an Alpha Female spider to spawn somewhere in the map? This could not only give the chance to flesh scorched out more In that area and maybe extend it to another of the their special creatures like the Thorny Dragon or (Rock Golem, nah jk, don't faint) something but it could even drop the upgrades required to make the saddles for it that have weapons by harvesting its trophy, which could be it's fangs. Imagine that. Wielding a bigger spiders fangs as a spider. Putting the saddle behind a progression gate and giving a reason to put more special Alpha types in Scorched.

Spool Saddle - This saddle let's your spider store an extra charge of its Cast Net when equipped with it. It could also have a launcher in the back that looks like a net launcher or something or a loom that you can activate kind of like a Tek Saddle's guns to go into an aiming mode.

Bareback - I dunno if anyone agrees with me but I think it would be okay to have this Spider Rideable without a saddle merely because moving dinos is annoying and even if you'd get thrown off if you went upright on a wall or upside down like this you could easily position spiders for their scary face on threads like this.

Upgradeable Saddle - Of course these are ideas that are separate, and what's to say you shouldn't be able to make a saddle that does at least 2 out of 3 of these things? The Saddle could start off as a simple one allowing you the ability to stay on the spiders back when it's climbing up walls, but then you would need to use its saddle to craft the other versions, or make upgraded versions of the saddle, or it could come equipped with the spools and loom/net launcher in the base version and add either the assassin weapons or the grapple bar.

Control Mapping - As for all these abilities, we should put up a theoretical mapping of how they might look at if they will even all fit on say a controller or make a web of your fingers on a 

Size variant examples

Male (Shoulder Pet) Sized between an Icthyornis and a Troodon)

Male (Rideable) About the size of an Araneo but a little less spread out so they might appear smaller.

Female (Rideable) The size of a Sabertooth or Terrorbird up from a Scorpion. Depends on how big you want them to be.

Shoulder Pet (Male Version)

Double Space Bar - Works like a Parachute if they have the silk, activates their gliding ability and jumping again cancels it.

Crtl - Launches a Cast Net when activated or when toggled and then using left click to aim then shoot at the location of your crosshairs, this could be very useful in hunting, taming and caves as it could immobilize certain creatures like Bat's and other dangerous insects or small creatures, perhaps even stop things like pegos, icthyornis, Troodon, Arthropluera, or Megalania.

Rideable (Male version)

Left Click - Melee Bite, automatically applies the Venom like an Araneo or Scorpion does.

Right Click - Toggle Climbing

Spacebar - Hold and charge to jump at the aimed location, can jump from any angle and latches automatically to surfaces that are vertical or upside down.

C - Web Mode, use Left Click to cast a net and Right Click to send out a lasso to grapple to the spot, letting you reel yourself up and down with C and X or Shift in order to either drop down or zip up and attach the the surface your lasso is attached to. The Venom droplet is passively built up and must be enabled with the Ammo switch button N to switch between regular and tranq nets.

X - Scary Face/Dance - When used the spider will deploy its Scary Face and frighten creatures up to the size of a Carno. When targeting a Wild female spider, the player activates the Dancing mini game and must correctly perform the rhythm directions or letters on the keyboard as they appear like in the fishing mini game before the time runs out, if you make any mistake the female gets angry and attacks you.

Rideable (Female Version)

Left Click - Same as the male but deals more damage, the female is much stronger. 

Right Click - Toggle Climbing, is slower on walls than the smaller male is.

Spacebar - Same as the male, but can pounce onto prey that has been netted only up to the size of either Raptors, small fliers like the list of ones I showed on the list for the Aerial Saddle or up to Owls, Griffins and Argents maybe with consideration of her size. Pouncing onto fliers could even be a unique mechanic for her where if you hung ou on a wall or dropped onto one from the ceiling you could attempt to bind them in webs and drop them from the sky or just bite them while latched on like a Deinonycyus.

C - Same as male, but upon aiming at bodies, creatures small enough or loot bags, can lasso and reel them in to her to either loot or eat. She could also be the only one able to get enough weight to be able to reel in eggs of heavier varieties, by upgrading it you might be able to get a spider that can reel in Wyvern Eggs, but you'd have to sacrifice a lot of points into it over things that might help her out in say survivability or just stamina. This is just a possibility though and a way to limit this ability to only be able to drag in certain things while needing the female to do the bigger and more dangerous jobs.

but has the potential to reel in possibly bodies bigger than the male, creatures, or even eggs of the bigger sizes if you put enough points into weight to be able to even latch onto them.

X - Same as male, if she has the Scary Face biology even as a female (which I think she would have as the environments of Ark are really extreme) except no dancing. The Scary Face of a Female is able to scare up to Argies and Therizino in size.

Overall Look at roles from these abilities. 

1 - Bola and Tranq Bola, used to immobilize and knock out smaller creatures.

2 - Cave Exploration, would be extremely useful here, even if you nix the wall Climbing they'd still be able to net creatures that are really dangerous while you handle the ones that aren't. Or even grapple, function as extra grapples, or help tame certain cave creatures if you can shoot from their backs like Megalania.

3 - Low Tier Wall Crawler, the male is faster and has less overall stats while the female is bulkier and slower. Or in the case of a shoulder male and female, the the female is the ridden creature while the male is the supporting Parachute and extra net.

4 - Low Tier Base Defense, by using Scary face the males and females that are Rideable can be suspended from silk threads and placed around a base to scare off small to medium threats, especially argies which are an issue for mountain bases.

Would this tame be allowed on Aberration?

No, I don't think so. Because they have not let you have Climbing and flying tames on Ab for a reason, it's supposed to be part of the progression of the map. Even adding Thylas or Deinonychus would severely break this maps balancing which is made to keep it difficult and for you to not just be able to walk past everything by Climbing or gliding to avoid it until you get to the Rock Drakes, have sturdy creatures or use Ravagers and Karkinos to jump around. Which are supposed to go with the deliberate design of rocks and cliffs that is unique to Aberration. I don't know the full list of compatible creature that can transfer to ab or even work since Extinction but I know fliers in general and climbers up until creatures like the Extinction and Gen or Lost Island creatures that dont explicitly fly can possibly get on there (don't know cause didn't try it). I'm not sure about the space whales though. Or the latchers Deinonycyus or Dinopithecus.

(My phone just wanted to correct Deinonychus so many times into the one time I misspelled it on here so enjoy lol.)

This is very late into this but I hoped this helped into developing the saddle and web mechanics or an idea of the button mapping at the very least!

15 hours ago, LittleSpicyOreos said:

A friend of mine said, once, that she thought they were using these as a test to see what creatures continued to pop up over and over as potential animals we might want. So that, perhaps, they could add them in later, themselves. And whereas I have no idea if she's correct in that line of thought or not, I would enjoy it if she was. There definitely seems to be certain creatures that I've seen again and again.

I, personally, was one of the TeamBison voting for it as my first choice in every previous vote. (The bats were my second choice because I LOVE bats and I am thoroughly pleased with them in the game, at least!) There's a number of creatures that have gotten into the top groups that interest me 0% and even more that I'm like "but I'd like all of these!"

I really do hope that's true and it is a good point! Bats are literally my favorite animal, I am sooooo glad they were put into the game, the bison has had so much love that I would not be surprised to see it put into the game too! I agree, we only have just a day left before this all changes, and there is another one that is coming up to the top extremely fast, so many end up at the top just because they're 'giga killer, wyvern slayer, anti rock-golem, anti-charchar'. I really do want to see some of the shoulder buddies that were suggested too in the other submissions!!!

2 hours ago, Luux said:

Another suggestion I forgot to mention, regarding the silk abilities, if you wanted to make them a little more tied to how strong the spider is and give more reason to have more types of web abilities. You could give it either a Radial wheel for putting level points into different ones like the Therizino does or give it a unique Stat like the light Pets and stuff like Silkweaving which gives each web ability a scaling bonus up to a certain point or increasing Silk passive generation/reducing the silk needed for a skill to be used or reducing cooldowns of them.

Another aspect is Weight being the defining factor in what the spider can lasso in. Cast net can go a little further but I think the Weight is a good measuring tool for making sure you can't just tame a low lvl and use it for say egg stealing easily. Cause if the egg is heavy it wouldn't be able to drag it. Could also apply to which creatures it could reel in on whatever animal it might be able too if you gave it that ability for say pulling into jerboas to munch and bodies or loot bags. Doesn't have to do all of these but these are ideas for what the lasso could do besides the grapple, even though the grapple is perfectly fine and I wouldn't mind it just being that either.

Some saddle ideas - Assasin Saddle - A saddle made with silk and lighter materials but reinforced by the sharp fangs of other beasts that turn the extra pair of limbs on the spider into a pair of deadly daggerlike weapons that can be coated with not just it's Venom but a myriad of other substances. If anyone ever played Rogues in World of Warcraft you'll know how this works. These could be narcotic or Venom based, stimulant even for some niche uses like dehydrating enemies or such, and even repurposing the virtually useless Trophies that happen to also be Venoms of specific creatures like Megalania.

Aerial Saddle - This is based off Another dino Idea I didn't get in early enough and will likely be ignored cause it was too late. But this is basically putting a grappling bar on the top of the spider where the saddle would be, and this would grant the female the ability to have allied small fliers (Lymantria, Pelagornis, Rhyniognatha, Tapejara, Pteranodon, Pelagornis, Desmodus) to perch on that bar and then give the spider the ability to use their Stamina and flight to the same effect as a Sinomacrops. I understand this is a crazy idea but I also found it too funny to imagine someone spotting someone using this and seeing a spider with bat wings flying at them out of nowhere. They are of course limited by the fliers Stamina and weight carry, and nothing bigger or stronger than the Desmodus can do this. All superior gliders or carriers like Argies, Griffins or Owls are not usable. I just wanted to share this part cause I thought it was funny and ridiculous but would likely never be considered or used.

Parachute Pack Harness - Put onto the male if it sits on your back to help give it armor and could even 'upgrade' the gliding ability.

Alpha Variant - Since Scorched actually does not have its own roster of Alpha versions like Aberration does. Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a chance for an Alpha Female spider to spawn somewhere in the map? This could not only give the chance to flesh scorched out more In that area and maybe extend it to another of the their special creatures like the Thorny Dragon or (Rock Golem, nah jk, don't faint) something but it could even drop the upgrades required to make the saddles for it that have weapons by harvesting its trophy, which could be it's fangs. Imagine that. Wielding a bigger spiders fangs as a spider. Putting the saddle behind a progression gate and giving a reason to put more special Alpha types in Scorched.

Spool Saddle - This saddle let's your spider store an extra charge of its Cast Net when equipped with it. It could also have a launcher in the back that looks like a net launcher or something or a loom that you can activate kind of like a Tek Saddle's guns to go into an aiming mode.

Bareback - I dunno if anyone agrees with me but I think it would be okay to have this Spider Rideable without a saddle merely because moving dinos is annoying and even if you'd get thrown off if you went upright on a wall or upside down like this you could easily position spiders for their scary face on threads like this.

Upgradeable Saddle - Of course these are ideas that are separate, and what's to say you shouldn't be able to make a saddle that does at least 2 out of 3 of these things? The Saddle could start off as a simple one allowing you the ability to stay on the spiders back when it's climbing up walls, but then you would need to use its saddle to craft the other versions, or make upgraded versions of the saddle, or it could come equipped with the spools and loom/net launcher in the base version and add either the assassin weapons or the grapple bar.

Control Mapping - As for all these abilities, we should put up a theoretical mapping of how they might look at if they will even all fit on say a controller or make a web of your fingers on a 

Size variant examples

Male (Shoulder Pet) Sized between an Icthyornis and a Troodon)

Male (Rideable) About the size of an Araneo but a little less spread out so they might appear smaller.

Female (Rideable) The size of a Sabertooth or Terrorbird up from a Scorpion. Depends on how big you want them to be.

Shoulder Pet (Male Version)

Double Space Bar - Works like a Parachute if they have the silk, activates their gliding ability and jumping again cancels it.

Crtl - Launches a Cast Net when activated or when toggled and then using left click to aim then shoot at the location of your crosshairs, this could be very useful in hunting, taming and caves as it could immobilize certain creatures like Bat's and other dangerous insects or small creatures, perhaps even stop things like pegos, icthyornis, Troodon, Arthropluera, or Megalania.

Rideable (Male version)

Left Click - Melee Bite, automatically applies the Venom like an Araneo or Scorpion does.

Right Click - Toggle Climbing

Spacebar - Hold and charge to jump at the aimed location, can jump from any angle and latches automatically to surfaces that are vertical or upside down.

C - Web Mode, use Left Click to cast a net and Right Click to send out a lasso to grapple to the spot, letting you reel yourself up and down with C and X or Shift in order to either drop down or zip up and attach the the surface your lasso is attached to. The Venom droplet is passively built up and must be enabled with the Ammo switch button N to switch between regular and tranq nets.

X - Scary Face/Dance - When used the spider will deploy its Scary Face and frighten creatures up to the size of a Carno. When targeting a Wild female spider, the player activates the Dancing mini game and must correctly perform the rhythm directions or letters on the keyboard as they appear like in the fishing mini game before the time runs out, if you make any mistake the female gets angry and attacks you.

Rideable (Female Version)

Left Click - Same as the male but deals more damage, the female is much stronger. 

Right Click - Toggle Climbing, is slower on walls than the smaller male is.

Spacebar - Same as the male, but can pounce onto prey that has been netted only up to the size of either Raptors, small fliers like the list of ones I showed on the list for the Aerial Saddle or up to Owls, Griffins and Argents maybe with consideration of her size. Pouncing onto fliers could even be a unique mechanic for her where if you hung ou on a wall or dropped onto one from the ceiling you could attempt to bind them in webs and drop them from the sky or just bite them while latched on like a Deinonycyus.

C - Same as male, but upon aiming at bodies, creatures small enough or loot bags, can lasso and reel them in to her to either loot or eat. She could also be the only one able to get enough weight to be able to reel in eggs of heavier varieties, by upgrading it you might be able to get a spider that can reel in Wyvern Eggs, but you'd have to sacrifice a lot of points into it over things that might help her out in say survivability or just stamina. This is just a possibility though and a way to limit this ability to only be able to drag in certain things while needing the female to do the bigger and more dangerous jobs.

but has the potential to reel in possibly bodies bigger than the male, creatures, or even eggs of the bigger sizes if you put enough points into weight to be able to even latch onto them.

X - Same as male, if she has the Scary Face biology even as a female (which I think she would have as the environments of Ark are really extreme) except no dancing. The Scary Face of a Female is able to scare up to Argies and Therizino in size.

Overall Look at roles from these abilities. 

1 - Bola and Tranq Bola, used to immobilize and knock out smaller creatures.

2 - Cave Exploration, would be extremely useful here, even if you nix the wall Climbing they'd still be able to net creatures that are really dangerous while you handle the ones that aren't. Or even grapple, function as extra grapples, or help tame certain cave creatures if you can shoot from their backs like Megalania.

3 - Low Tier Wall Crawler, the male is faster and has less overall stats while the female is bulkier and slower. Or in the case of a shoulder male and female, the the female is the ridden creature while the male is the supporting Parachute and extra net.

4 - Low Tier Base Defense, by using Scary face the males and females that are Rideable can be suspended from silk threads and placed around a base to scare off small to medium threats, especially argies which are an issue for mountain bases.

Would this tame be allowed on Aberration?

No, I don't think so. Because they have not let you have Climbing and flying tames on Ab for a reason, it's supposed to be part of the progression of the map. Even adding Thylas or Deinonychus would severely break this maps balancing which is made to keep it difficult and for you to not just be able to walk past everything by Climbing or gliding to avoid it until you get to the Rock Drakes, have sturdy creatures or use Ravagers and Karkinos to jump around. Which are supposed to go with the deliberate design of rocks and cliffs that is unique to Aberration. I don't know the full list of compatible creature that can transfer to ab or even work since Extinction but I know fliers in general and climbers up until creatures like the Extinction and Gen or Lost Island creatures that dont explicitly fly can possibly get on there (don't know cause didn't try it). I'm not sure about the space whales though. Or the latchers Deinonycyus or Dinopithecus.

(My phone just wanted to correct Deinonychus so many times into the one time I misspelled it on here so enjoy lol.)

This is very late into this but I hoped this helped into developing the saddle and web mechanics or an idea of the button mapping at the very least!

There are wayyyy too many excellent ideas in this, especially the fangs use rather than metal over the legs, I'm going to slap this up in the suggestions section on the submission I do hope that is okay! You guys have helped so much with this and I am far beyond grateful for it! ❤️ 

Wanted to give a massive thanks to all of you guys for your incredible amount of support, absolutely wonderful ideas and the love you have for Maevia, she wouldn't have even been able to reach anywhere near the top without you! I hope that maybe when the time comes for the Aberration submissions, that Maevia may make it into the top 10 ❤️I will certainly be doing some awesome artwork that will make Maevia worthy of a spot in Aberration when the time comes, and when that time comes, I hope I'm not an hour too late to submit them. :) Tomorrow is the end for votes.

5 minutes ago, Speikobrarote said:

If only this cute little thing could get a few more votes :D but saddly not everyone is into spiders... even if they are this fluffy. We have like 2 spiders ingame and one.. hasnt had a TLC for years and the Broodmother is well..old as time too. Some new 8 legged friends are needed!

Agreed! I'd even take this as a TLC makeover for the araneo but I suppose since it's a whole different thing it just wouldn't do the trick, though originally I did think it would be great for caves. Honestly it truly is a lucky deal that jumping spiders are loved by so many that fear normal spider!

7 hours ago, Sovira said:

I really do hope that's true and it is a good point! Bats are literally my favorite animal, I am sooooo glad they were put into the game, the bison has had so much love that I would not be surprised to see it put into the game too! I agree, we only have just a day left before this all changes, and there is another one that is coming up to the top extremely fast, so many end up at the top just because they're 'giga killer, wyvern slayer, anti rock-golem, anti-charchar'. I really do want to see some of the shoulder buddies that were suggested too in the other submissions!!!

Ugh, yeah, I get so bored and turned off if they're just listed as "giga killer" OP submissions. I like creativity and things that seem to add something new to the game or a different take on a mechanic. I LOVE using my tames instead of gear so, like your spider being able to net gun and drag or being able to tranq some is perfect! The cheetah being able to trip so we could bolas the animal after it dropped was my big "hey then I'd have an animal that would act as a bolas!". Or anything that's like "ooooh I hadn't thought of that!" gets my attention a lot more. If the abilities make sense to the animals. Then it makes me want them all, for the added variety! When it's just "this thing is my new kaiju creation that smashes everything else and is the end-all-be-all-tame" then I'm like "meh". And I'd love to see other helpful shoulder buddies make it into the game too! I'd really love to be given the bison as a "consolation prize" the way we got the charcar but we'll see. All these critters that KEEP making it to "top picks" one day should just be voted on as in "what particular order are you most interested in seeing them entered into the game" and then we just get them one by one based on votes lol!

28 minutes ago, LittleSpicyOreos said:

Ugh, yeah, I get so bored and turned off if they're just listed as "giga killer" OP submissions. I like creativity and things that seem to add something new to the game or a different take on a mechanic. I LOVE using my tames instead of gear so, like your spider being able to net gun and drag or being able to tranq some is perfect! The cheetah being able to trip so we could bolas the animal after it dropped was my big "hey then I'd have an animal that would act as a bolas!". Or anything that's like "ooooh I hadn't thought of that!" gets my attention a lot more. If the abilities make sense to the animals. Then it makes me want them all, for the added variety! When it's just "this thing is my new kaiju creation that smashes everything else and is the end-all-be-all-tame" then I'm like "meh". And I'd love to see other helpful shoulder buddies make it into the game too! I'd really love to be given the bison as a "consolation prize" the way we got the charcar but we'll see. All these critters that KEEP making it to "top picks" one day should just be voted on as in "what particular order are you most interested in seeing them entered into the game" and then we just get them one by one based on votes lol!

Yesss!!!! I always wanted a dino that was specialized in taming, was a huge fan of annunaki mods torpor dinos and the tier system that went with that, as well as extinction core when it was fresh, and now noxious dinos for primal fear (though you can't modify those torpor dinos in decimals so you can't even use it alongside official without it being too over the top ) it seriously was a blast using dinos to torpor others though, and my first ever craziest battle was using a scorpion to knock out a rex! it was a level 112 rex and my scorpion was only 8 on tame (was very new, was back in 2015), it was scary! My partner kept the rex busy, only way it was able to happen! Wow, that cheetah trip idea is brilliant and I would so love to see that in Ark, seriously knocking larger things down so that you have time to actually use those huge bolas would be NICE!!!! I never use those large bolas because it's too much of a hassle!

3 minutes ago, Sovira said:

Yesss!!!! I always wanted a dino that was specialized in taming, was a huge fan of annunaki mods torpor dinos and the tier system that went with that, as well as extinction core when it was fresh, and now noxious dinos for primal fear (though you can't modify those torpor dinos in decimals so you can't even use it alongside official without it being too over the top ) it seriously was a blast using dinos to torpor others though, and my first ever craziest battle was using a scorpion to knock out a rex! it was a level 112 rex and my scorpion was only 8 on tame (was very new, was back in 2015), it was scary! My partner kept the rex busy, only way it was able to happen! Wow, that cheetah trip idea is brilliant and I would so love to see that in Ark, seriously knocking larger things down so that you have time to actually use those huge bolas would be NICE!!!! I never use those large bolas because it's too much of a hassle!

I'm the low-tek everything-animal-powered person on our servers lol! So I'm always wanting helpful critters to do something and I feel "animal that helps tame" is a HUGE want from fans! It's definitely a reoccurring theme I see in suggested abilities! (Tossed a vote for your spider to try to help it stay in the top ranks too). And man that sounds awesome to have witnessed! Lol! One of my fond "taming a rex" stories was when we were early on the Island as an unofficial hosted server and just introducing a new player to the game and our tribe was all running around getting a base set up. And I found a rex down on a beach...my husband grabbed my character on a pteranodon and hovered me over the rex's mouth (my character's feet were like less than a real-life foot away from the thing's teeth lol) and I just kept shooting it and trying to access his flyer's inventory to grab more arrows, until the rex started to flee and I chased it on foot to KO it lol. The new player was like "you're freaking INSANE!" and I was like "my character is a strong woman! Rexes should fear her!!!!! They're just big, slow monsters!" lol Ah, but rexes do bite hard but they are fun to tame in ludicrous ways!!!

Yes! I feel a trip has a lot of uses PVE and PVP and it was the main thing I could think for the cheetah when my husband asked, ages ago "what animal would you add to Ark and what power would you give it?" before they even started hosting the submissions. I was instantly like "north american cheetah...living bolas, it trips things and they're stunned for awhile on the ground where you can actually bolas them. Then give it a tek saddle so it can act as a chain bolas later!"

25 minutes ago, LittleSpicyOreos said:

I'm the low-tek everything-animal-powered person on our servers lol! So I'm always wanting helpful critters to do something and I feel "animal that helps tame" is a HUGE want from fans! It's definitely a reoccurring theme I see in suggested abilities! (Tossed a vote for your spider to try to help it stay in the top ranks too). And man that sounds awesome to have witnessed! Lol! One of my fond "taming a rex" stories was when we were early on the Island as an unofficial hosted server and just introducing a new player to the game and our tribe was all running around getting a base set up. And I found a rex down on a beach...my husband grabbed my character on a pteranodon and hovered me over the rex's mouth (my character's feet were like less than a real-life foot away from the thing's teeth lol) and I just kept shooting it and trying to access his flyer's inventory to grab more arrows, until the rex started to flee and I chased it on foot to KO it lol. The new player was like "you're freaking INSANE!" and I was like "my character is a strong woman! Rexes should fear her!!!!! They're just big, slow monsters!" lol Ah, but rexes do bite hard but they are fun to tame in ludicrous ways!!!

Yes! I feel a trip has a lot of uses PVE and PVP and it was the main thing I could think for the cheetah when my husband asked, ages ago "what animal would you add to Ark and what power would you give it?" before they even started hosting the submissions. I was instantly like "north american cheetah...living bolas, it trips things and they're stunned for awhile on the ground where you can actually bolas them. Then give it a tek saddle so it can act as a chain bolas later!"

that's... honestly kind of a surprise to me about the animal that helps tame being wanted, usually I see rather that they think it's only good for lower end taming, not useful for anything that's as strong as maybe a managarmr or the sort, which honestly I would love a system where you had to 'raise' your spider up to be really good at taming, i.e. kind of like the radial menu, if it isn't powered up enough, it can only do enough torpor for tiny creatures which I think that might be pretty neat, leaving room for the potential for taming of larger creatures if raised that way! Also thank you for the vote it does mean a lot to me!!! omg, I really do miss when the rexes wouldn't constantly run and squirrel off at other creatures, where we could just chill on made pillars and be held up in the air to tame, they are a blast to tame, most frustrating tame ever for me was a spino on aberration in the river where it was getting the speed buff, and fleeing at 700mph, you can imagine exactly how that went. Also I could literally imagine a cheetah in a tek saddle blasting through the rocks on SE, it would be hysterical and an actual blast honestly, I'd use nothing else ;) 

No way, this made to the finalist list! Super excited to this 8-legged fuzzy terror potentially 3d render in game! The updated desgin is amazing... 

The game can alway use more invertabrates.... afterall skeletal structures are so overrated. I would know, as a potato, who needs a backbone or a spine.... 

I added another feature stemming from the ideas that were given (the ideas are still there don't worry!) I just wanted to know what you guys think of it (as an alternative idea that is!)

Radial Menu - Silk or Venom & Potential Personalities!

This could be a way to create huge variety in your tames, or even make finding wild ones way more fun, as it would give them a kind of 'personality' in a way, something that makes them unique between each other. There are two ideas in ways this may play out...

A) Jumpers would have radial menu options of silk or venom/torpor, where these options could be enhanced with levels placed into them, depending on which one you would like that particular spider to be.

B) Jumpers would have radial menu options that would be predetermined prior to the tame, maybe even with different venom types that they could specialize in, including torpor, thus similar with the gacha, creating an extremely fun way for players to want to hunt down high end spiders to see what they have, and if you find a rare one with torpor, you could use that as your taming buddy, or one with extended grapple length, maybe even one with a non-damaging torpor for gentle taming of lower level creatures! The possibilities would be vast with this alone.

Thank you so much you guys!! It's definitely a massive privilege in my eyes to have even made it this far at all, even the slightest chance that we may see jumping spiders and their babies (or as they call them slings!) in the game really has been a bit of a dream for me for years now as this game has been such a massive part of my life since I struggle with APD and MDD, it has helped me be in a better place mentally for so many years now. I have brought up the idea of jumping spiders being introduced to Ark one day potentially to my friends for several years now and I'm sure they may be tired of hearing it (LOL!) but I never would've even thought there would be even the chance to see them ingame with us, so every bit of help means so much even if it does'nt find its way this time, just the chance as well as the support means volumes ❤️❤️❤️ 

2 hours ago, katann77573 said:

I wanted one of the big cats to make and I am glad that the two birds made it, I voted for the cats and the birds, I am not a fan of bugs or snakes. I would love to see more mammals, birds and fish added to Ark myself and we do have a bug being added already.

That is totally more than fair and I understand! I also was sad to see one of the big cats that was so close didn't quite make it, and while I was a bit on the edge about trying for the jumping spider particularly after an insect had just won, at the same time I've been working this up for years now and poured everything I had into this in order to give it even a remote chance at all, just making it to the top 10 or even barely near it is a privilege in my eyes. As the jumping spider could work well in the cave systems on every map and not just one, especially the larger caves, I thought it was worth it to at least try, as it deserves just as much of a chance as any of the others on this list, I could see them balancing it out with multiple mammals too! Or adding this for cave systems which are on just about every map perhaps, that way it could be a side thing like the Sinomacrops was! 

In my personal and honest opinion, I would actually love to see each of these creatures on Ark, even if it's incorperated into later player made maps, they are very well thought out and every single one of them definitely deserves a chance, even though that would be quite a bit of work!❤️ 

Archived