No cheat codes for achievements

DebzyzZz

Suggestion

No cheat codes for achievements.
Just makes a mockery out of those that work so hard to get the skins, trophies and achievements by doing it the hard way.
I kinda understand why the explorer notes can be unlocked like this- for those that want to read them all and are into the lore. But as for the others and all the skins and trophies, they should mean something when you proudly wear and display them.
Maybe Ark 2 could have an amended system, so the skins etc still have meaning and bragging power? 
Maybe code could be written to take away the skins and trophies from those that cheat to get them!
Maybe, let em cheat, but don't give them the skins and trophies unless they do it the hard way?

4 replies to this server topic

12 hours ago, DebzyzZz said:

' let em cheat, but don't give them the skins and trophies unless they do it the hard way?'

Again, too hard to code for. Let's take the taming every dino achievement for example. Sure, you might be able to make a code that disallows dinos tamed through dotame or forcetame to count towards the achievement, but then you'd also have to somehow code a way to ensure dinos tamed using cheated in weapons, ammunition, food, or even traps also don't count or your really aren't doing much. That's a lot more work than it sounds, and in the end not really worth it. 

In the end, it's probably best to generate your own pride in your achievements, and not base it off what others may think. Sure, other people may have cheated to get Master Zoologist, but I KNOW I did it legitimately, and can take a small amount of join in it. Just my two cents

Archived