Antarctotrechus Balli, The Bastion beetle

22 hours ago, Dramisty said:

I don't see any good use for this beetle. We already have a flyer that uses grenades. I guess people have forgotten about the Tropeognathus.  Then there is the Andrewsarchus that chutes a machine gun basically. Oh, not only that. We also have all those platform saddles that you can put all the things on. Turrets, canon, ballista can all be put on the platforms. Then you got all the other guns you yourself uses. rocket launcher, bows, grenades, and a whole amount of guns. Then there is the Stryder, the Meks and the poop throwing monkeys. I doubt they will give us new armor, Plus the taming method sounds way to difficult. Also the others are right. There is a lot of bugs. Granted we don't have any ridable flying bugs. Which would be cool, but that's not what it all should boil down to. 

All these abilities are subject to change,they’re meant to show what direction the Beetle is supposed to go in meta wise,a tanky flying warmachine! the majority of the community would like a variety of creature representation,and we do have a rideable flying bug it’s just something someone wouldn’t choose over the number of birds,wyverns,flying mammals,or pterosaurs.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/24/2023 at 8:43 AM, DemonDJ Jr said:

I absolutely love this creature, I've voted for this every time. However, I can agree that it may have too many abilities to be mapped properly. So I decided to compile a list of what a believe the most useful features, that hopefully the dev team will see and take into consideration 😊

Passive Abilities:

75% Weight Reduction

Keeps the same speed even at its weight limit

25% Ballistic damage reduction

Radiation Resistance

General Abilities:

Lmb, RTR2 - Bite/Horn Attack: Self explanatory.

C, Right Stick, Right Stick  - Grab/Architect: While flying the Bastion can grab medium and medium-large creatures.

While on the ground, male Bastions can grab opponents with its powerful horn and can throw or crush them for progressive damage.

The female Bastion, as it lacks a horn, can use her powerful jaws to take any structure from your base to move them to another location (like the Exo-Mek). I really love this ability and would be incredibly useful for players who lack the Exo-Mek tekgram.

⇧ Shift, Left StickLeft Stick - Sprint: When sprinting, males can ram opponents and damage structures 

X, LB+Left Stick, Right Stick - Toggles wall climbing

Rmb, LTL2 - Chemical Spit: The Bastion can release a volatile acidic compound to damage opponents.

Saddled:

The saddle would be crafted in the fabricator.

⇧ Shift, Left Stick, Left Stick  - Light Thrusters: Using gasoline, grants a small boost of speed to move around the map faster.

Left Ctrl, LB & RB, L1 & R1 - Toggles a flashlight for exploration at night, caving or Aberration.

Passenger Seat: An extra seat for one passenger, that comes equipped with a minigun.

Safe Rider: Survivors can't be dismounted from the saddle

Saddle Attachments:

I love the idea of having weapons attached to the saddle and I thought it may be easier to code them as attachments, similar to the Mek cannon, etc. These would be crafted in the fabricator and would attach to the male/female saddle respectively.

Minigun: A pair of miniguns is attached to the males saddle. Uses advanced ammunition. Can damage metal

Cannon: A 90mm cannon is attached to the females saddle. Uses cannonballs and rocket ammunition. Can damage tek. Has reload times. Can be intercepted by turrets. Cannon can only be used if the Bastion isn't flying.

Utilities:

- Great tame for exploring caves and Aberration.

- Should make great substitutes for boss fights, thanks to their damage reduction and unique saddles.

- Females Architect ability is great for players who haven't unlocked the Exo-Mek and want to rearrange their base.

- The cannon attachment is perfect for taming Golems and Astrocetus.

Thanks for reading through my extensive list 😅 I really hope this beetle makes it into the game!!!

I for one hope that the new armor arrives with it,but I do agree it does have quite a bit of abilities,I think remove the lights and passenger seat ,Add the armor and change the spit to females only.

While I would like the Gorgonopsid to win, I cant deny this is a DAMN good choice. As a man who loves insects and spent most of his life studying them I adore the concept behind this and I hope this becomes the top choice. I agree with what others have said previously that Ark needs more Insectoid representation and I think this is the bug to do it. You could argue about the sky giga and while that is a cool idea The Rhynio has too much going for it that makes it OP. This, while certain abilities are far out, feels more... balanced. Heres hoping this wins!

Archived